*Tutorial* How to install the Title Update to work with Mods

Red Rooster

Ok, I know everyone seems to get how to do this but I can't seem to get it right. Here is my arc and def file.

zIEgOVu.png

Highlighted in yellow is my previous reference. I erase the FF FF FF FF part and add

FF FF 01 62 4D 44 41 54 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 50 52 4D 36 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 74 FF FF FF FF correct? I change FF FF 01 62 to  FF FF 01 8C right? If that is correct does my def file look correct? I added to the game folder the trons and added to the pac folder m3_patch.pac. I want to thank whoever is able to help me figure out this. It is a great TUT but for some reason I am doing something incorrect.

Yeah FF FF 01 8C is correct, upload your edited arc and def files and ill have a look.

On Ps3 after the 1.03 update all my mods are not showing in game. I looked in the folder on my intern and saw that new playlist.arc files and def files were generated from the update. So all i have done was replace this new arcs and def files with my edited files and all work again. very simple on Ps3.

Have you all tryed the methode that works on Ps3 ? I mean not to replace your existing .pac files ! ?

On Ps3 i rename the ch131.pac (Cm Punk) to 131.pac and edit the files in the 2 .def files to match 131.pac instead of ch131. dont delete the original ch131.pac and put the renamed one in that folder. my editedt files

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3473/peudt4x2_png.htm

HOW to Use Mods on PS3 CFW

1. Important before you start !! delete the "f.dat" in your "game" folder (BLES01937/USRDIR)

2. open the downloaded .pac file with xpacker and update both of your arc files (your drive/GAMEZ/BLES01937-[WWE 2K14]/PS3_GAME /USRDIR/ (copy the 2 arcs and def files to your Pc. Load the pac file and update both arc files)

3. copy the downloaded .pac in /your drive/GAMEZ/BLES01937-[WWE 2K14]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/pac/ch/

4. edit both def files with the normal windows editor and delete the "ch" for ch131.pac that it looks 131.pac (CM PUNK)

click to enlarge : mzomwdhg.png peudt4x2.png

thats all - now replace the 4 files (2 arc and 2 def) in your "GAMEZ" folder.

enjoy :-)

Edited by Anabolica

Yeah FF FF 01 8C is correct, upload your edited arc and def files and ill have a look.

Thank you. I had to reinstall windows but I will get those files to you asap. Thanks for your time.

Edited by koeniglachman

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having difficulty with this after installing CDLC.

Worked fine before, and got it working perfectly.

However after using the CDLC 5 arc and def it no longer works. Nothing else has changed I still have the patched XEX and the pac files in the correct places. I've compared def and arc entries in a hex editor and they seem identical, so no idea what the problem is? Anyone have any idea?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

had the same issue occur. its so bad that after i updated the string file, the main screen after you load from the harddrive, takes about an hour to load and is extremely slow even after that. starting back over from scratch yet again..

• 1 month later...

had the same issue occur. its so bad that after i updated the string file, the main screen after you load from the harddrive, takes about an hour to load and is extremely slow even after that. starting back over from scratch yet again..

Did you ever figure out what was causing the problem?  I just got my game back & installed it w/ the first 3 official DLC packs as well as Community DLC 1, which worked, but after installing Community DLC 2 where they want you to use the included def file & delete certain hex data in the arc, it makes it hard to figure out what the next numbers (in my case, letters) need to be changed to match your arc file.  Did you guys install the title update after installing all the Community DLC packs or ?

That's what I did.  When I installed Community DLC 2, it said to replace the def file & to take out certain data out of the arc file to where I know it took out what I added in for the Title Update.  I got everything working, except now the PerfectPlex has no audio again.  I'm still reading through the pages of the third Community DLC pack to see if anything in that pack changes anything but I know I'm going to have to wait for the strings for DLC 5 to be uploaded so I haven't really gotten to far yet.

That's what I did.  When I installed Community DLC 2, it said to replace the def file & to take out certain data out of the arc file to where I know it took out what I added in for the Title Update.  I got everything working, except now the PerfectPlex has no audio again.  I'm still reading through the pages of the third Community DLC pack to see if anything in that pack changes anything but I know I'm going to have to wait for the strings for DLC 5 to be uploaded so I haven't really gotten to far yet.

If you deleted and replaced the part of the arc the refers to the title update then you have to put it back in.

When you delete everything and add the "add to arc" data from CLDC2 (which was released before the Title update) you lose the part of the arc for the title update so just put it back, same with the def.

Later CDLC was released after the TU and therefore the "add to arc" has the TU stuff in it.

Edited by Red Rooster

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 1/6/2014 at 6:50 PM, Red Rooster said:

Ok so a patch for WWE2k14 is out, you can download it here (Thanks jeffsdomain for the upload)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pvv8rpharitz12r/WWE2K14%20Title%20Update.rar

Make sure you back everything up before you do this (Entire WWE 2k14 folder plus savedata etc just in case)

In order for mods to work after the patch you will need to patch the xex with the title update because if you just have the patch in the cache (like you would with most patches for games) then the patch files will supersede any files in your game folder and your mods wont show up.

To patch the xex you will need to follow these instructions :

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/35640-how-to-patch-an-xex-to-the-latest-title-update/ 

Use your own plist360.arc and .def files instead of the ones included in the patch.

You will need to manually add a little data at the end of your arc and def files to make some of the fixes contained in the patch work.

At the end of your plist360.def file paste the following :  

0D0A7061635C6D335F70617463682E7061630D0A

At the end of your plist360.arc file paste the following :

FFFF01624D444154003000000000000050524D360000000000000174FFFFFFFF

You will have to change the FF FF 01 62 to match your arc file (See example below)

Hidden Content

In my arc file the previous file reference starts with FF FF 01 8B so this file reference must start with FF FF 01 8C.

Save both your arc and def file and transfer to your xbox.

You should now have the patch installed. You can test it by going to Create a Moveset and test if the PerfectPlex has audio.

Thanks to Tekken57 and BraveBird31 for their help.

Hi, what program use to edit manually pslist360.arc file? In hotavio's wcw said "remember of update manually your plist360.arc to 0097C0. If don't,will crash your game" and thats what happen, get fatal crash

2 minutes ago, Deadite988 said:

Hi, what program use to edit manually pslist360.arc file? In hotavio's wcw said "remember of update manually your plist360.arc to 0097C0. If don't,will crash your game" and thats what happen, get fatal crash

Any HexEditor, I use Hex Workshop others use HxD

2 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

What are you trying to do?

I try put the Hotavio's WCW arena instead Wrestlemania 30 arena, the tutorial said "remember of update MANUALLY your plist360.arc to 0097C0. If don't, will crash your game"  i think modify 00000650 offset was, but get fatal crash

17 minutes ago, Deadite988 said:

I try put the Hotavio's WCW arena instead Wrestlemania 30 arena, the tutorial said "remember of update MANUALLY your plist360.arc to 0097C0. If don't, will crash your game"  i think modify 00000650 offset was, but get fatal crash

Ok thats pretty easy, WM30 is arena 0056, open your arc and look for 0056 near the top (There will be whole bunch of entries with STG) the bit after 0056 is the hex you need to edit.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Ok thats pretty easy, WM30 is arena 0056, open your arc and look for 0056 near the top (There will be whole bunch of entries with STG) the bit after 0056 is the hex you need to edit.

Bro i dont know if i break a rule,but dont know how put url images in reply so i put the hex edit image in my profile background, its ok like that? Its that bit? In red? 

1 minute ago, Deadite988 said:

Bro i dont know if i break a rule,but dont know how put url images in reply so i put the hex edit image in my profile background, its ok like that? Its that bit? In red? 

I cant see it properly, upload your image to https://postimages.org/ then paste the link in a message