*Tutorial* How to install the Title Update to work with Mods

Red Rooster

I got the Mr Perfect moves with sound now. But I used the pac/m3_patch.pac in def instead that numbers.

In the first try I made a mistake writing the name, for that didn´t work. So I used the long number, but with that the game freezes when I go to edit a moveset.

ever since i did this community dlc and dlc wrestlers have infinite loading

Then you have done something wrong.

do i have to transfer the title update file or is it the file not needed

No you shouldnt transfer the Title Update file to your xbox, You extract the files from it using Le Fluffie, patch the XEX edit your arc and def file and transfer all the files to your Xbox HDD

Best thing to do is what I did, open the arc and def from the extracted Title Update and then copy and paste from there into your own arc and def files.

This method worked like a charm for me - thanks!

Game freezing (fatal crash intercepted) when I add new characters and start a match with that character involved in a match ( example: jeff hardy and william regal) after the update.

Wrestlers added before title update working fine.

Only problem is adding new characters after title update.

Edited by gamingfan

Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Just might forgo the update altogether. Don't want to break what's already working. I can live without sound on the Perfect Plex.

It's working fine

My Jeff Hardy CH file is corrupted which caused the issue.

Update, its working fine.

Edited by gamingfan

Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Just might forgo the update altogether. Don't want to break what's already working. I can live without sound on the Perfect Plex.

It's working fine

My Jeff Hardy CH file is corrupted which caused the issue.

Update, its working fine.

Thanks for confirming. You had me worried that it was going to mess with adding additional dlc. Got it working following motishow's approach with editing the def files. Why would a title update include trons though, especially replacing an existing one with a larger file?

Edited by kidsampson

I noticed you said to add this to the end of the .def file:

0D0A7061635C6D335F70617463682E7061630D0A

Now, as I haven't got any modded files on (And I know we talked about this in a PM), would it be safe to use the TU def file? I did however noticed it be slightly different, but had a simalar "outcome" on the text.

Adding what you said to mine gives this at the end:

0D 0A 70 61 63 5C 6D 33 5F 70 61 74 63 68 2E 70 61 63 0D 0A

..pac\m3_patch.pac..

Where as the TU one is this:

70 61 63 5C 6D 33 5F 70 61 74 63 68 2E 70 61 63 0D 0A

pac\m3_patch.pac..

Any differences in outcome?

I also noticed by adding the additional to the .arc file that compared to the TU version, there are more FF which occur (2 more). Pretty much the same as above.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the above, I just went ahead and used the arc/def files from the TU and get the dirty disc error when I went into creat a moveset. I'll try adding the first post way tomorrow. thought I'd test that seeing as I had no modified files and that they looked simalar (apart from the double FF).

Edited by jcsix

I noticed you said to add this to the end of the .def file:

0D0A7061635C6D335F70617463682E7061630D0A

Now, as I haven't got any modded files on (And I know we talked about this in a PM), would it be safe to use the TU def file? I did however noticed it be slightly different, but had a simalar "outcome" on the text.

Adding what you said to mine gives this at the end:

0D 0A 70 61 63 5C 6D 33 5F 70 61 74 63 68 2E 70 61 63 0D 0A

..pac\m3_patch.pac..

Where as the TU one is this:

70 61 63 5C 6D 33 5F 70 61 74 63 68 2E 70 61 63 0D 0A

pac\m3_patch.pac..

Any differences in outcome?

I also noticed by adding the additional to the .arc file that compared to the TU version, there are more FF which occur (2 more). Pretty much the same as above.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the above, I just went ahead and used the arc/def files from the TU and get the dirty disc error when I went into creat a moveset. I'll try adding the first post way tomorrow. thought I'd test that seeing as I had no modified files and that they looked simalar (apart from the double FF).

The difference is it ".." if your def file already has ".." at the end then you dont need to add them.

I actually just tested your way from the first post and the game loaded this time unlike using the default TU ones which gave me the dirty disc. Witch is very strange considering there nearly the same.

I guess you have to put all the files from the title update (272.bik2, 392.bik2, m3_patch.pac) into other respective folders too? If so, I'd edit your first post as it isn't there :)

I actually just tested your way from the first post and the game loaded this time unlike using the default TU ones which gave me the dirty disc. Witch is very strange considering there nearly the same.

I guess you have to put all the files from the title update (272.bik2, 392.bik2, m3_patch.pac) into other respective folders too? If so, I'd edit your first post as it isn't there :)

You have to put m3_patch.pac file

Working fine. I just did the following:

- Extracted all files from title update (default.xexp, plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def, 272.bik2, 392.bik2 & m3_patch.pac)

- Patched default.xex with default.xexp

- Deleted default.xex, plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def & 272.bik2 files from the game.

- Transferred over the patched default.xex and title update files (plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def, 272.bik2, 392.bik2 & m3_patch.pac) to their folders.

Is there a way to open up the bik2 files? A new one was added (392.bik2) and one was updated with the title update (272.bik2).

Working fine. I just did the following:

- Extracted all files from title update (default.xexp, plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def, 272.bik2, 392.bik2 & m3_patch.pac)

- Patched default.xex with default.xexp

- Deleted default.xex, plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def & 272.bik2 files from the game.

- Transferred over the patched default.xex and title update files (plist360.arc, plist360.def, plist360_4x3.arc, plist360_4x3.def, 272.bik2, 392.bik2 & m3_patch.pac) to their folders.

Is there a way to open up the bik2 files? A new one was added (392.bik2) and one was updated with the title update (272.bik2).

Rename them to .bik and then they play with Radtools, they are Jake the snake and R Truths trons.

Ok, I know everyone seems to get how to do this but I can't seem to get it right. Here is my arc and def file.

zIEgOVu.png

Highlighted in yellow is my previous reference. I erase the FF FF FF FF part and add

FF FF 01 62 4D 44 41 54 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 50 52 4D 36 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 74 FF FF FF FF correct? I change FF FF 01 62 to  FF FF 01 8C right? If that is correct does my def file look correct? I added to the game folder the trons and added to the pac folder m3_patch.pac. I want to thank whoever is able to help me figure out this. It is a great TUT but for some reason I am doing something incorrect.

Edited by koeniglachman