*Tutorial* Adding Titantrons to CAWs

Red Rooster

• 3 months later...

Open the save using the team option in xpacker. Then double click the team and edit the value there

Hi, I think there is a bug when assigning a Trio Tron. The hex values should go in position 22 and 23. Now it goes in 21 and 22 with xpacker.

We can manually do it with an hex editor. In position 1A and 1B you can assign the Tag Tron while in 22 and 23 it's the Trio Tron

bug_trio.jpg

While you are there you can asign theme and/or playlist. In 1C and 1D for Tag and 24, 25 for Trio. If you want to use a playslit enter hex value 270E. You can than define the playlist title starting in position 90 for Tag and E0 for Trio. Each characters must be precede with a 00 hex value.

team_music.jpg

• 6 years later...
On 7/5/2014 at 5:33 PM, Red Rooster said:

I always make mine .avi, I havent tried mp4 but maybe RadTools cant Bink an mp4

You can Bink .mp4 files, I've actually been going through & remaking trons for Wrestling Legends.  I've been replacing the In-Game trons with ones from the era the Legends game covers.  They look good in-game but I feel like I'm not using the right Bink settings because they get this square looking effect to them & look like they lose some quality.  I have High Quality selected but I don't know what other settings to use.  I already made multiple trons different attires for Kane, Y2J, The Rock, The Giant, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels & more.  They look really good in the new SmackDown! & Raw arenas I swapped out in the Legends mod. I resized all the trons I made so they fit the trons in full screen.  For some reason, they didn't make the Legend trons full screen like the main roster trons.

1 hour ago, XIII XHP said:

You can Bink .mp4 files, I've actually been going through & remaking trons for Wrestling Legends.  I've been replacing the In-Game trons with ones from the era the Legends game covers.  They look good in-game but I feel like I'm not using the right Bink settings because they get this square looking effect to them & look like they lose some quality.  I have High Quality selected but I don't know what other settings to use.  I already made multiple trons different attires for Kane, Y2J, The Rock, The Giant, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels & more.  They look really good in the new SmackDown! & Raw arenas I swapped out in the Legends mod. I resized all the trons I made so they fit the trons in full screen.  For some reason, they didn't make the Legend trons full screen like the main roster trons.

Sounds like you have RAD Tools doing some compression, check the Overall data rate setting, I have mine on Automatic

54 minutes ago, Red Rooster said:

Sounds like you have RAD Tools doing some compression, check the Overall data rate setting, I have mine on Automatic

I think it's because I'm using an .mp4 & it's a higher file size / data rate, the Keep peak data rate under a: option is the issue.  Not sure what to put, though.  It's definitely something on the RAD Tools side because the videos I made are the highest quality possible & my encoding settings didn't lose any quality.  It happens when I Bink them.

1 hour ago, XIII XHP said:

I think it's because I'm using an .mp4 & it's a higher file size / data rate, the Keep peak data rate under a: option is the issue.  Not sure what to put, though.  It's definitely something on the RAD Tools side because the videos I made are the highest quality possible & my encoding settings didn't lose any quality.  It happens when I Bink them.

I use "multiple of the overall data rate : 1.0"

Edit : I just Binked an MP4 and it came out fine so its definitely your settings

Edited by Red Rooster

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

I use "multiple of the overall data rate : 1.0"

Edit : I just Binked an MP4 and it came out fine so its definitely your settings

Mine said 3, I'll try 1 & see if it works.  Thank you my man!

*EDIT*

There was still some quality loss.  I'm going to set it to 100 (the data rate is pretty high on the video, to be honest) & see if it does anything.  I'd rather maintain the quality, if possible.  I can definitely tell the difference, though, because I'll play my .mp4 I made, then I'll play the .bik & you can definitely see the loss of quality in certain spots.

Edited by XIII XHP

2 hours ago, XIII XHP said:

Mine said 3, I'll try 1 & see if it works.  Thank you my man!

*EDIT*

There was still some quality loss.  I'm going to set it to 100 (the data rate is pretty high on the video, to be honest) & see if it does anything.  I'd rather maintain the quality, if possible.  I can definitely tell the difference, though, because I'll play my .mp4 I made, then I'll play the .bik & you can definitely see the loss of quality in certain spots.

Theres always going to be some quality loss, Bink is a form of compression so its impossible to keep the quality the same.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

Theres always going to be some quality loss, Bink is a form of compression so its impossible to keep the quality the same.

I hear ya, I feel like there's gotta be some kind of settings I can tweak to get the best possible .bik2 out if it.  I feel like there's gotta be some kind of way to make it work...