Matchup Screens now working *Tutorial Added*

UndertakerWLF

- Now just inject it back on the MatchHD normally

Perhaps a silly question, but are we injecting back the bg.dds or the bg_copy.dds? Assume it's the latter?

EDIT: Ignore that got it working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyrt2li4c8rzxgw/IMG_1624.JPG?dl=0

Thanks Taker and CrazyPT!

Edited by LordBarker

Can't get this to work everytime - occasionally even when the file size is exactly the same s the original and trying to compress and inject into 1B59 I get an error that the file can't be compressed enough, even thought it displays as the same exact size as the original - any ideas if this is just the case with certain images?

Yup. Triple checked everything. Even tried in both Paint.net and PS. I even reduced my replacement image to 80kb in case that was the issue! I've had two work perfectly but cannot compress and inject this one oddly. The bg.dds injects fine, it's trying to inject the 1B59 I get the error. As far as I can tell I'm doing nothing differently from the previous two that worked. 

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread (thought it made more sense to ask here rather than start a 'Help' thread)

- I finally got round to replacing all of my match up screens but in Universe it keeps reverting to the old match up screen when lading. Anyone found where these are hiding? MatchSD maybe..?

Sorry to bump an old thread (thought it made more sense to ask here rather than start a 'Help' thread)

- I finally got round to replacing all of my match up screens but in Universe it keeps reverting to the old match up screen when lading. Anyone found where these are hiding? MatchSD maybe..?

The universe loading matchup screens are in LoadHD, my WCW arenas have those screens replaced too

The universe loading matchup screens are in LoadHD, my WCW arenas have those screens replaced too

Thanks Red - I think the combined knowledge base of the guys on this forum rivals 2K!

--- LoadHD looks completely different to the MatchHD file in XPacker, can you please point to where in LoadHD I should be looking? Thanks

Edited by El Guapo

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the necrobump here (I thought I'd ask here rather than making a "help" post). Is there a list at all of the matchup screens (specifically, WWE '13)? I'm looking to convert the Attitude Era Smackdown matchup screens from '13 to 2K16 on the PC. Thanks in advance!

Edited by jakeypearce

Apologies for the necrobump here (I thought I'd ask here rather than making a "help" post). Is there a list at all of the matchup screens (specifically, WWE '13)? I'm looking to convert the Attitude Era Smackdown matchup screens from '13 to 2K16 on the PC. Thanks in advance!

A list of all the matchup screens would be the same as a list of all the arenas. Use the PacIdentifier Tool, it will tell you all the arenas for each game

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Managed to mod my first matchup screen. Used Haloween Havoc '96 as a base. :) There was a problem finding a clear and big resolution picture of HH '98 on google images so I had to apply filters on Photoshop to make it look better. If anyone wants it I can share the files. Just PM me.

fedd8cb2fdf67bd56be7d2e911673a4c348.png

Edited by Impaler

Looks cool man.  Sometimes I just screenshot a good clean shot from the WWE Network.  If I can't find what I'm looking for, sometimes I'll just use a gaussian blur filter.  I haven't ever made a match-up screen but for other projects I do with wrestling.  Why the Sting CAW, though?  Don't you have the Legends mod or the Sting from the newer games?  I think bugsyboy made a Sting mod out of the Wolfpac Sting for Legends.

• Like 1

Thanks. Will try to play around with that filter. In regards to the WWE Network. I was unable to get my hands on a 720p release of HH '98 video so had no source where to make a screenshot :) Will be okay with this for now. If you could provide a clear shot of the stage and perhaps a nameplate (because its different then the logo) it would be wonderful.

I indeed do have the WL mod and I have all the newer games that came after 2K14. But thing is I do not have a XBOX JTAG, so its a shame to say that to this day I only used WL game to search for arenas, match-up screens and whatnot. Like a huge archive.

Why a CAW? Because I started modding only early this march, had no prior experience with that whatsoever. I'm still trying to learn to do the things that are more simple than importing a character. I once read a tutorial how characters are imported and I got a bit scared so I decided to master simpler things and only then take a stab at character importing the last. So far so good. I think I'm not that far from reaching that point too.  :)

And it all a big thanks to the guys at this forum who share the knowledge and help out. You know who you are ;)

Edited by Impaler
  • Too Sweet 1

• 2 months later...