X-Packer 9 /X-Rey Official Thread - X-Rey - X-Rey 1.3 released

tekken57

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ! I'm having some problems with X-Rey, like the preview all distorted (I also can't extract OBJ files because the file is also distorted when imported in 3DS Max), has anyone experienced the same problem here ? Here is a screen :

1410350256-sans-titre.jpg

Thanks all !

Is this happening with everything, or just one specific .YOBJ?

It's happening with every wrestler .YOBJ file that I used (Ambrose, Reigns, Slater, McIntyre etc...), pretty strange.

Oh, wow. I thought it'd just be a one-off item like something from an arena or the evtobj. Hmm. That definitely is strange. Have you kept the old versions of the program as well? If so, maybe try and see what happens with one of those. That would at least narrow things down a little if that's the case.

It's happening with every wrestler .YOBJ file that I used (Ambrose, Reigns, Slater, McIntyre etc...), pretty strange.

Oh, wow. I thought it'd just be a one-off item like something from an arena or the evtobj. Hmm. That definitely is strange. Have you kept the old versions of the program as well? If so, maybe try and see what happens with one of those. That would at least narrow things down a little if that's the case.

Well it's the same with X-Rey 1.0 and X-Rey 1.2, I don't know why it's doing this now, pretty strange.

Well it's the same with X-Rey 1.0 and X-Rey 1.2, I don't know why it's doing this now, pretty strange.

That sucks. No idea what's going on. I know Tekken said back when he initially released it that we'd need the SlimDX toolkit in order for it to work. Maybe something happened with that? Hell, maybe simply restarting your computer could be a miracle cure? I don't know. Hope you're able to figure things out, though.

Two people have started reporting this error. I've tried both versions of X-Rey on three computers and have no issues. I suspect that the problem could be with the slimDX toolkit, maybe a newer version works differently.

El Buvor, did you perhaps install slimdx recently?

Edited by tekken57

Two people have started reporting this error. I've tried both versions of X-Rey on three computers and have no issues. I suspect that the problem could be with the slimDX toolkit, maybe a newer version works differently.

Yeah I installed it last week or this week (can't remember), so it could be an SlimDX problem (the OBJ import is buggy too I believe).

Yeah I installed it last week or this week (can't remember), so it could be an SlimDX problem (the OBJ import is buggy too I believe).

I have this problem too

Yeah, the strange thing it that the installer is still labelled "SlimDX SDK (January 2012)", maybe there are some updates by internet or anything else ? (I'm using a Windows 7 Professionnal x64 if you need to know what OS I use).

It can't be an os problem as I'm using the same os.

If the object exporter is also not working then it means that x-Rey is not reading the file properly.

Try running the program as administrator and in compatibility mode to see if that doesn't help.

I will upload a yobj file for you guys to test tomorrow. I want to compare the values listed for the offsets and also the files which are exported.

Ok open this yobj in X-Rey: http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/56547251/file.html

It is the Rocks Yobj file.

1. Copy all the values from the first row for Object zero and paste in your reply. My values are as follows:

Object0 578 00001684 16184 5776 21960 vertices 1 38152 578 26584 31208 21960 5040 38144 9502888 24 5764

2. Export object zero and send it to me in your reply. I want to compare it to the object I have exported.

3. While I am comparing the values, check if have you have installed .net 4.0 end user runtimes on your computer.

Edited by tekken57

No problem, here are my values in X-Rey :

Object0 578 00001684 16184 5776 21960 vertices 1 38152 578 26584 31208 21960 5040 38144 9502888 24 5764

It's the same as yours, pretty strange.

Also, here is my exported OBJ file :

http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/94640657/file.html

Also, I have the .net 4.0 end user runtimes on my computer.

Thanks, I've managed to find the problem. The issue is that your pc is set to use a comma ( , ) instead of decimal point ( . ) for fractions. When comparing the object you sent me and the object I exported, this was the only value.

To change this setting in windows, go to "Control panel - Region and language - additional settings. Under decimal symbol, enter a . instead of a ,   

Try running X-Rey again and let me know. Here's a pic of my settings:

15nu681.jpg

• 1 month later...