Editing the String.pac *Tutorial

Red Rooster

A bit more information might be helpful, whats the error?

I think he means that XPacker crashes (assuming he has the same problem as me) - if you compress and inject though it goes in fine

make sure all the files are in the same folder. that was my problem all along. I had 5000.pac in a folder called 5000, etc etc.. but when i just did it and did not use separate folders it worked fine via injecting.

While I am performing 31st step if I just inject the 5000 pach file I am getting the following error.

If I use compress and inject its injecting fine without error but in the game when loading menu I am getting fatal crash error.

I am having all the files in the same folder.

image.png

Edited by gamingfan

I found the problem.

The problem is with motishows strings.pac or catalog.arc file.

When I use my DLC5 file(untouched) and extract the string.pac, 5000.pac and 0000.pac when I inject back 5000.pac its working perfectly.

I found the problem.

The problem is with motishows strings.pac or catalog.arc file.

When I use my DLC5 file(untouched) and extract the string.pac, 5000.pac and 0000.pac when I inject back 5000.pac its working perfectly.

I just can't make it work - crashes XPacker every time.

I've even tried extracting the 5000.pac file and re-injecting it without making any changes but it still gives me an 'Unhandled Exception'

Can anyone please help with this?

I just can't make it work - crashes XPacker every time.

I've even tried extracting the 5000.pac file and re-injecting it without making any changes but it still gives me an 'Unhandled Exception'

Can anyone please help with this?

Dont uncompress 0000.pac or compress and inject.

Just extract and inject in every step, it will do the trick.

Start with your fresh DLC file.

Just downloaded the DLC from 360iso.com again, extracted the strings file with Le Fluffie, extracted the 5000.pac file with XPacker and once again attempted to inject it without changing it at all. 'Unhandled Exception' - Crash

• 2 weeks later...

Using the newest DLC (Legends one), but it doesn't actually have a 0000 file, only a 0001, 2, 3. Which one do I actually need to edit then, which is the latest DLC aside from the Legends one that has the correct strings file? 

EDIT: I've tried with every single DLC file... there is never a 0000 file within / uncompressed from the 0500. 

Edited by Petchy
  • Like 1

Using the newest DLC (Legends one), but it doesn't actually have a 0000 file, only a 0001, 2, 3. Which one do I actually need to edit then, which is the latest DLC aside from the Legends one that has the correct strings file? 

EDIT: I've tried with every single DLC file... there is never a 0000 file within / uncompressed from the 0500. 

Extract 5000 file not 0500 file.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Use a fresh version of the DLC extract the string file , extract the 5000.pach.

Extract the 0000 file from motishows string file, compress & inject it into your fresh 5000.pach, then inject it back into string.pac.

Should work fine, theres something wrong with motishows version.

i am also having the array error its quite frustrating that i have added most of the WWE13 guys but don't have their names

Start with a fresh dlc version.I was getting fatal crash with motishow strings.I start with a fresh dlc version and its working fine.

ok i started with a fresh everything even uncompressed the 0000 file to make it load the string avalible then i compressed and tried to place it back into the fresh string pac and still array error

edit: here is my 0000 uncompressed and ready to place dback in can someone make it for me

http://speedy.sh/xCSqq/0000.zlib.uncompressed

Edited by Deka_Night

i am also having the array error its quite frustrating that i have added most of the WWE13 guys but don't have their names

I have the same problem in that if I inject the file I get an unhandled exception.

Same thing happens even if I extract the 5000.pac file from a fresh copy of the dlc and re-inject without making any changes

Was talking with Tekken about it quite a lot with PMs, but neither of us have been able to fix the issue.

...I'm actually kind of glad that I'm not the only person with the problem - EVERY other XPacker 9 function works fine!

0000.png

I have the same problem in that if I inject the file I get an unhandled exception.

Same thing happens even if I extract the 5000.pac file from a fresh copy of the dlc and re-inject without making any changes

Was talking with Tekken about it quite a lot with PMs, but neither of us have been able to fix the issue.

...I'm actually kind of glad that I'm not the only person with the problem - EVERY other XPacker 9 function works fine!

0000.png

inject 5000.pac to a fresh string.pac

yup, tried that, no good

yup, tried that, no good

send me the files and i try to inject it for you to see if it works

• 3 months later...