Red Roosters Mod Thread - WCW World War 3

Red Rooster

I'm looking at the moves thing as I type....just trying to locate them....

The rope issue though...I think something else is controlling the colour combination otherwise the pac file would work as it should and the colours would stay in place when injected over a current arena, instead the the ropes are either being coloured Red or White depending on the arena it's being injected into.

Although I am sure that I have come across the rope models before and the arenas with the Red/White/Blue rope combination have more rope models than the current arenas.

initially I thought there might just be one rope that for some reason had the three coloured textures assigned to it, and that was that. but I think you might be right. there are tons of hidden YOBJ files that you have to open separate to the rest, and I think the other two ropes are in there somewhere. 

I don't know about the something else controlling the rope colours, because if that was the case, i don't think there'd be red white and blue textures in the main archive. if something else was controlling the ropes, I think the textures would be somewhere else too, a bit like how the announce tables work.

if there is a separate file that's controlling the ropes, I can guarantee that same file is what is telling the slot whether or not there is a stage, and if we can alter that, then it's a case of any arena in any slot.  

Edited by Titan83

I suspect its the same file that tells the game that Hogan/Macho/CM Punk etc slots have certain attires that are superstar threads and not normal pach files.

Figuring out which file it is will be the tricky part, I spent a long time looking for it and came up with nothing....

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1

The rope issue though...I think something else is controlling the colour combination otherwise the pac file would work as it should and the colours would stay in place when injected over a current arena, instead the the ropes are either being coloured Red or White depending on the arena it's being injected into.

Although I am sure that I have come across the rope models before and the arenas with the Red/White/Blue rope combination have more rope models than the current arenas.

initially I thought there might just be one rope that for some reason had the three coloured textures assigned to it, and that was that. but I think you might be right. there are tons of hidden YOBJ files that you have to open separate to the rest, and I think the other two ropes are in there somewhere. 

I don't know about the something else controlling the rope colours, because if that was the case, i don't think there'd be red white and blue textures in the main archive. if something else was controlling the ropes, I think the textures would be somewhere else too, a bit like how the announce tables work.

if there is a separate file that's controlling the ropes, I can guarantee that same file is what is telling the slot whether or not there is a stage, and if we can alter that, then it's a case of any arena in any slot.  

But if you think about it like this

Wrestlemania 5 for exmaple, standard Red, White and Blue rope setup, and has it's own dedicated texture archive. You inject this into say Wrestlemania 4 and all is good, nothing changes. However you inject Wrestlemania 5 into Wrestlemania 14 and the Rope colours remain red, because each arena has it's own dedicated texture archive you would expect the rope colours to change correctly yet they don't which is why I think the rope colour specifics and the ramp animations are being controlled elsewhere.

Remember your injecting a pach file into another arenas pach file so in effect you have no remains of overwritten pach file remaining....there is something more to this....

But if you think about it like this

Wrestlemania 5 for exmaple, standard Red, White and Blue rope setup, and has it's own dedicated texture archive. You inject this into say Wrestlemania 4 and all is good, nothing changes. However you inject Wrestlemania 5 into Wrestlemania 14 and the Rope colours remain red, because each arena has it's own dedicated texture archive you would expect the rope colours to change correctly yet they don't which is why I think the rope colour specifics and the ramp animations are being controlled elsewhere.

Remember your injecting a pach file into another arenas pach file so in effect you have no remains of overwritten pach file remaining....there is something more to this....

Yeah I see what you mean. It's all about the slots and what seem to control them. The only other plausible explanation would be as Rooster mentioned, the file that controls the Superstar Thread attires. Either the same file, or a separate file that controls Arena slots. 

I suspect its the same file that tells the game that Hogan/Macho/CM Punk etc slots have certain attires that are superstar threads and not normal pach files.

Figuring out which file it is will be the tricky part, I spent a long time looking for it and came up with nothing....

Just a complete shot in the dark--don't actually know what's in the files, as I either don't remember or never even checked--but, off the top of my head, maybe the chEtc and bgEtc pacs?

what about the evtdata.pac? everything to do with the environment (hence the initials) seems to be in the evt folder. the whole stage/aisle thing is to do with the animations, so it would make sense for everything to be in this folder. 

I have installed into my game the "monday night raw" arena into slot BG35, replacing WM8 and i have instaled intro logo (evtmov3) and nameplates (evtmov2) too, but for some reason the intro logos and the nameplates aren't showed.

Any help pls?

Edited by motishow

I have installed into my game the "monday night raw" arena into slot BG35, replacing WM8 and i have instaled intro logo (evtmov3) and nameplates (evtmov2) too, but for some reason the intro logos and the nameplates aren't showed.

Any help pls?

Does the old logo and nameplate show or nothing at all?

Any help pls?

Nothing at all bro :(

To Red Rooster: All I can say is the day that wwe 2k14 servers are shutdown, I'm definitely going to get into this. Redrooster, you and Bugsyboy are masters at this stuff. Amesome work as always. I've been observing your work for a long time before I even joined this forum and all I can say each time is WOW...

Any help pls?

Nothing at all bro  :(

If you extract the bik files from evtmov2 and 3 and play them with Radtools do they work?

Open RadTools, select one of the bik files and hit the "File Info" button, does the file info say "Alpha plane :Yes" ?

To Red Rooster: All I can say is the day that wwe 2k14 servers are shutdown, I'm definitely going to get into this. Redrooster, you and Bugsyboy are masters at this stuff. Amesome work as always. I've been observing your work for a long time before I even joined this forum and all I can say each time is WOW...

Thanks, Im glad you like it, if it wasnt for Bugsy I wouldve quit a long time ago. His mods are what keep me going. When I see the amount of time and effort he puts into his mods it makes me feel like I have to keep going.

Mods dont make themselves so its a lot of work for two people, we have a vision of the game we want to make but it would help if more people contributed. 

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 1

Red Rooster, on 22 Mar 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Thanks, Im glad you like it, if it wasnt for Bugsy I wouldve quit a long time ago. His mods are what keep me going. When I see the amount of time and effort he puts into his mods it makes me feel like I have to keep going.

Mods dont make themselves so its a lot of work for two people, we have a vision of the game we want to make but it would help if more people contributed.

You're welcome Red ; ) I was just chatting with someone about that the other day on WLF- how much time, skill and patience it could possibly take one to create these extraodinary mods. I can't even imagine. And I've seen how difficult it can be for the folks who simply want to add them or mod their consoles. So, to create them from scratch.....must be extremely complex and overwelming at times.  I always get a headache just thinking about it lol

Edited by jbl328

Any help pls?

If you extract the bik files from evtmov2 and 3 and play them with Radtools do they work?

Open RadTools, select one of the bik files and hit the "File Info" button, does the file info say "Alpha plane :Yes" ?

Opened the bik files in radtools and "alpha plane" is yes.

the files i have injected are the files you made and  upload to this thread

Any help pls?

Opened the bik files in radtools and "alpha plane" is yes.

the files i have injected are the files you made and  upload to this thread

Weird, they should just work, do you have a backup of your evtmov2 and 3 to try? See if the original nameplate and logo work and then replace them one at a time.

I just dropped by to see what good stuff you've been releasing as of late. And I look at the OP and find that I no longer understand any of the 'hex-y' stuff anymore. I cried a little :( Haha.

I love the stuff though, dude! Awesome job! :D

I just dropped by to see what good stuff you've been releasing as of late. And I look at the OP and find that I no longer understand any of the 'hex-y' stuff anymore. I cried a little :( Haha.

I love the stuff though, dude! Awesome job! :D

Thanks, you need to start modding again, we are running out of good modders.

tested with the original evtmov files  and i can't see the monday night raw nameplates and intrologos (M35) when i inject the namplates of In your house arena (M34)

Edited by motishow

Its amazing how stuff works when you do it right. I didnt put any instructions because I figured people were smart enough to know to update their arc but I guess I was wrong.... :lol