Nike The Bike hacks the 360

nikethebike

I have now successfully converted the brienj 2.0 save file to chetc editable by svredit, edited stats of characters to improve gameplay, import changes back to save file, edited checksum, resigned/rehashed the save and run it on 360 and it works great. :D

Now the next step is to be able to import/export movesets from the save as well, when that is complete I can fix what I want to fix easily.

Did anyone do any arena modding for the 360?

Been away for a while so only saw this topic now.

To explain from the beginning, I managed to add wrestlers into the unused slots in 2010 by following this procedure:

1. Open the chetch, extract the pofo files and edit these with x-packer for the unused slot you want to work on. Make sure you set the enable check and give the wrestler a selection screen value (determines where on the menu it will appear). Make sure your selection value is not the same as another wrestler as both wrestlers won't appear in the selection menu.

2. Update the arc files for the chetc using the update arc for non wrestler function in x-packer.

The two steps above are a long winded way of adding the wrestler info into the game. I switched to editing the save file directly as you dont need to delete your save file for each change and also you don't need to edit the arc files. I can't remember wether I added support for 2010 save files in x-packer or wether support is only from 2011 upwards. If not, there is a checksum at the beginning of the save file which monitors changes to the file. The checksum is a simple sum32 checksum.

3. Create the ch*.pac file for the wrestler you wish to add and add this entry into the arc file. The name of the file must correspond with the slot you want to insert into e.g. slot 445 should have a pac named ch445.pac

4. Add the entry in the h files to load the file into the game. It's very important that the order in which you load the files in the h files correspond with the order in the arc files. i.e. if ch101 is after ch100 in the arc, the order must be the same in the h file.

Another hack I found that worked is that you can add a wrestler pach file into another wrestlers pac file and the game will load it. e.g. if you have ch100 which only has 2 pach files, you can add 132002.pach, etc into this pac file. Add the entries into the arc and it will load, not need for h entries. I don't normally do this because it's confusing, but it's handy to test.

If you follow the above steps, the wrestler will appear in the selection menu.

so i assume based on the fact that some of the pac files don't contain data, that the add 2 files together method was used on this hack for like jericho and santinos pack for example?  i'm trying to locate the checksum. where i assume like the old ps2 way, i will add say 300 to the header for each guy added or is there another checksum in the save file somewhere?

this is the string b4 chris masters dlc in 2011.

03C154000451500000001C0000004B00000018000000030080CCDC4F4A404045454F004F4A404045454F00010101010000000006000F001040104000

Edited by zhigge

hmm.. so for the life of me i can't enable no models on 2011.

don't i find the no model number after the short name and add 01 to the 4th set 00's? keep getting a fatal crash?

update: ok is there a number that i need to update after i enable a character via a save file? i think that is the problem.

I think I added support for 2011 save files in x-packer. You can enable no models by editing the pofo files.

I just lowered speed of all characters in the 2.0 hack to be between 59 (refs at 64) and 15 and I think the gameplay got greatly improved. Longer matches and a more realistic match flow.

:)

Thanks Undertaker, doing some moveset conversion now. I definitely prefer my own movesets over those in the hack (I hate the spamming of elbow drop or running ground attacks among other things) so I need to be able to convert those as well.

Seems like the format for values in the save game that are needed to be stored in two bytes, are stored the reversed way compared to the original files for some reason.

For example, 2F 01 in the PS2 CHETC-PRO file would be the value for 303 (Bob Orton ID). In the save file this is stored as 01 2F instead. So to convert movesets I need to swap each byte pair in the moveset file. Quite simple conversion though.

Hmmm, guess I missed that comment somewhere... :)

In the dat file however only a few values are "two byte" (character ids, list positions, stuff like that...). I THINK the moveset file only have such values. My conversion will make that assumption at least, so I hope it is correct.

Edited by nikethebike

I have many ideas about gameplay hacks.

For example:

1. Lower speed for all characters is a must.

2. Taunts instead of ground strikes (I hate ground strikes, they are over utilized and most of them "does not connect" when executed and just looks bad).

3. Mostly stomps as ground strikes.

4. Perhaps also taunts instead of some standing strikes.

5. Finisher moves as signatures since the wrestlers usually cover after the signature move.

6. Direct moves instead of strong irish whip and moves like that.

Awesome.

I'd suggest that the taunts as ground strikes be mapped to the Y and X buttons and the A and B button be the stomps.

Also, if you set the finishers as sigs, would you store up a finisher again?

IDK what you mean by number 6

I'm not the video guy... Arjun solved that for me on the PS2 haha. :D

I'm not sure that I can remap buttons like that. Strikes on grapple positions locks up the game if I remember correctly.

It would simply be setting taunts AS ground strikes, as you can set strikes in taunt positions and vice versa.

On 6 I mean that you can set a move there. It would be a "direct move" as in no grapple before it, quick grapple style.

You can actually put moves in grapple animation positions as well creating more quick grapples but giving up a couple of move positions.

I tried a little of this on the PS2, not the taunt stuff though but the "almost all stomps" ground strikes thing did a lot for the gameplay.

What bothers me though is that sometimes the AI just goes berzerk and starts spamming these stomps like crazy. If the guy would instead spam a "get up" taunt or something, that could be better since the taunt would probably just be executed max two times before the opponent gets up.

Edited by nikethebike

Also, why are these files called pofo files?

I don't find any reference to pofo in the CHETC or save file.

My memory might be wrong but weren't pofo files, files in the wrestler PAC files or something like that?