Nike The Bike hacks the 360

nikethebike

At last I finally got a version of the BrienJ 2.0 hack working.

It's awesome, but I hate the gameplay without my stat tweaks and movesets...

My plan is now to try to extract the ChEtc.pac data from the game save and put it in a ChEtc.pac that I can edit with svredit.

I hope it will work...

yes..and thanks.. works like a charm.. but yeah i was trying to figure out how to use that xex or if it was possible and i'm still lost on how to do the add a wrestler too. but i'd rather have the moveset at the moment. once i figure it out maybe able to take it to the svr2011..

nah his doc does not have the moveset editor in it. it only does the entrance and i guess how to add a wrestler... still not understanding the add a wrestler tho. I guess i add him the old way and this is like a stat editor? :dunno  or i just don't see how you add a model from another game.

Yeah you add the model the usual way but instead of editing chetc.pac you use the xex to change name, stats and enable "no model" slots of the save game. That was what his "in game" editor did.

so to make sure i understand.

I add say mitz's jarrett to a pac file say ch301

then use xpacker to add the model to the arc and h files

then follow the instructions to do the ingame mod and we done?

does anyone have a list of used spots? i know i saw this somewhere on another forum but i've been hard pressed to find it again now that i need it. lol

Edited by zhigge

i will work on this more in a bit.. got side tracked checking out ASPW 3 and Wrestle kingdom 2.

hmm just realized how boring 2010 is thanks to universe mode. lol. i think i will work on adding the model pacs to 2011. kid don't take this as me being ungrateful. I didn't realize how much variety it added..

Edited by zhigge

yeah but it allows for more tag teams and you do have a purpose for them in universe. career mode crashes so i can't use that in 2010.

hmm i just realized... i keep forgetting i use to hack on the ps2... so for 2011 there was no easy way to enable the no models.or hmm do i need to use xpacker.. let me try something.

Edited by zhigge

yeah but it allows for more tag teams and you do have a purpose for them in universe. career mode crashes so i can't use that in 2010.

hmm i just realized... i keep forgetting i use to hack on the ps2... so for 2011 there was no easy way to enable the no models.or hmm do i need to use xpacker.. let me try something.

Edit the pofo file for the no model in the save and set the enabled value to true.  

I have now written a tool that can import data from a 360 save file into a PS2 chetc file that can be used by SVRedit.

Still needs to add support to import movesets though.

This should mean I can convert the brienj 2.0 patch to the format I can edit, then convert and import files to the 360 chetc file.

However I cannot write back to the 360 save file. Did anyone know if there was a checksum or something and how that works if one edits the save file directly?

I do Nike, Tekken57 gave me this information, I'm just passing it on.

You extract the the actual savedata from the save file container(use something like modio or horizon), and then open the extracted SaveData.Dat in a hex editor, the checksum is in the first few bytes, it's is a simple Sum-32 checksum, to fix it, select all the bytes after the checksum until the end of the file(If you don't have a CAW) or until the first instance of DDS occurrs(If you have a CAW).

Also, the endianess of both the pofo files in the DAT.PACH and the pofo files in the extracted save data is different, just something to keep in mind ;)2

Ok, figured out the checksum is 4 bytes at offset 24.

To calculate it I need to select from offset 32 to (end of file)-16.

Or if you have your hex editor set at showing 16 columns per row, mark from the third row (leave out the first two rows) and then leave out the last row.

Will try if this works now...

Seems like it worked. I can now export from save to PS2 CHETC, edit, then import from CHETC to save again. :)

Question, does anyone know if the playable ID (or actual wrestler identity) of a lot of the characters in the hack not set or set to the same value or is i just a bug in my conversion?

Ok, figured out the checksum is 4 bytes at offset 24.

To calculate it I need to select from offset 32 to (end of file)-16.

Or if you have your hex editor set at showing 16 columns per row, mark from the third row (leave out the first two rows) and then leave out the last row.

Will try if this works now...

Remember that If the save has caw data in it, don't include that data in the checksum. So when I calculate the checksum, I calculate it up until the first instance of a "dds" string. If the string doesn't exist, then I calculate to the end of the file.

The wrestler id is important, each wrestler needs to have a unique id.

hmm.. so for the life of me i can't enable no models on 2011.

don't i find the no model number after the short name and add 01 to the 4th set 00's? keep getting a fatal crash?

update: ok is there a number that i need to update after i enable a character via a save file? i think that is the problem.

Edited by zhigge