Nike The Bike hacks the 360

nikethebike

Strange, I think I did it that way but it still crashed. Order is correct at least. Perhaps my problem is I copied the entry from the PAC file instead of copying the above superstar...

That was done already.

Anyway I succeeded now!

The problem was me copying the entry from the PAC file.

And I can use PS2 data edited with svredit. This is awesome! :D

Edited by nikethebike

You're welcome :)2

2 questions now:

1-How long before you release a version of SvR edit that's compatible with the 360?

2-Can you try adding a DDS file(W-256 H-512, DXT 5, no mipmaps) at a valid offset at the end of the DLC_HD.pac file, fix the headers and then point the data in the arc files. Basically, follow Andy's tutorial for adding selection pics to no model but for 360? I tried but my horrible hexing skills did not help me :P2

Two set backs, they do not concern game play though.

1. The game does not let you set advanced entrance for no models, probably due to no models not having a default entrance.

2. Game crashes when trying to go into Create A Moveset. Either due to the misc.pac I injected or due to the movesets being the smaller PS2-versions.

The moveset crash is it only for the models who have a imported PS2 moveset or is it all models once one has a PS2 moveset? Because imo if only crashes for ones who have a imported moveset, it isn't a big deal, because most likely you wouldn't be changing it after it is imported anyway.

1. The game does not let you set advanced entrance for no models, probably due to no models not having a default entrance.f

But, if you set one for them, for example change the bytes that contain their entrances to something that actually exists, for example 64-The Rock, and THEN go to advanced entrance, it won't boot you back to the CAE menu like it does now.

Ok, first setting something with the easy ingame editor, then using advanced?

Connor, all characters in my mod uses PS2 movesets, I exported the entire moveset and character files (PRO & DAT) out of the PS2 ChEtc, converted them and injected them in the 360 ChEtc and game works, but seems to be trouble using the ingame editors.

Here, let me explain:

Open up your no model's bpe from the PRO.PACH in a hex editor.

The 3 bytes that represent that no model's advanced entrance are non existent, so if you went into create an entrance and chose advanced, the game would boot you back to the CAE menu. So change those 3 bytes to the Rock's entrance ID which is 64.

But, you have the PS2 PRO.PACH injected into the 360 slot, and the PS2 files don't handle the advanced entrance, so unless you work with the 360 files, you can't use advanced entrances for no models :)2

The PS2 files have advanced entrance. However the advanced entrance editor does not work for no models on PS2 either. I think I have the advanced entrance set in the PS2 files...

Sorry dude, no luck as yet. I backed it up a long time ago cos my computer crashed. Been through three external harddrives so far and haven't found the mods.

Edited by tekken57

X-packer problems!

I have a ChEtc file where the DAT section is unpacked and moved to the end of the PAC file. This works in the PS2 game, but when I try my converted PAC in x-packer (x-packer reads and extracts the default non-hacked converted files fine) it for some reason still extracts the OLD PAC file, that should have no reference to it... What???

Seems like x-packer expects the internal files to come in the exact same order as the index has them, always starting from offset 0, so it automatically believes my first PAC file, even though the index says it is positioned at offset Hx4C, still reads it as if it had been at offset Hx00. This is a bug since the game can handle files this way.

Well, I think I gotta write my own export/import function now then I guess.

X-packer reads the location and offset of the files as they are referenced in the header, if you have changed the location of one of the files, you need to update the reference in the header. If you hav added an additional ilfe and want x-packer to read the additional file, then you need to increment the value in the header for the number of files and add an entry for the location and offset. Take a look at the dummy.pac file I created some time ago to see what I mean.

Well, I'm not adding a file. Instead of modifying data of PAC1 I leave the data as is and I add another PAC1 at the end of the file and change the file offset+size in the header index to point at that new file. Nothing in the header index references the "old" PAC1, still when I extract, the old PAC1 is extracted not my "new" PAC1 at the end of the file. When I see the offset and size in x-packer it shows my "new" values, but the "ActualBeginOffset" is still where the old file was (address for offset 0 that is no longer referenced in the header index).

The game can read files that are modified this way, however x-packer seems to interpret them incorrectly, unless I am the one doing things wrong.

And I appreciate a big lot that you did search for the mods! Hope you find them.

Perhaps someone else here has some of them left?

Did you do an entrance attire for Hogan? I have the Hollywood you did for Brienj v2.0 but he has no entrance attire.

I admit that I've only had a scan through of this thread and not read the whole lot in detail, but I've not seen anyone mention BrienJ's XEX mods for Roster editor, moveset editor, Gender/Weight editor yet.

You would load up the game using one of these rather than the default.xex and in the 'My WWE' menu (it was called *something* like that...) you could add and remove wrestlers, re-order, etc.

Well... it turns out that I still have these files on my JTag external HDD, although the instructions are long time missing.
Does anyone want me to upload these? [with credit obviously going to BrienJ]