Nike The Bike hacks the 360

nikethebike

The way I'm going right now is kind of blurring out the differences between PS2 and newer consoles. So everything possible to edit with SVRedit should be possible to convert to the 360.

This means:

- Fully editable movesets+entrances (not importing from other games, just setting the ones on the disc) with hacked moves possible.

- Edited moves with better names plus damage.

- Edit any attribute of any character.

- Let the editor sort their list position (no need to set every position manually anymore).

- Probably more these are just from the top of my head.

Edited by nikethebike

My tool currently is a command line tool only and can do this for PAC / PACH / DPAC / EPAC files:

>jruby pac.rb header "G:\PRO\PRO_PS2.PAC"

Reading PAC header...

|-Type: PAC

|-Header size: 2448

|-Found entries: 305

-------------------------------------

IDENTIFIER OFFSET SIZE

0 0 59

1 60 59

303 90476 410

9000 90888 532

>jruby pac.rb ls "G:\PRO\PRO_PS2.PAC"

Reading PAC header...

|-Type: PAC

|-Header size: 2448

|-Found entries: 305

CATALOG/FILE SIZE OFFSET

/0 59 0 (2448)

/1 59 60 (2508)

/303 410 90476 (92924)

/9000 532 90888 (93336)

>jruby pac.rb ls "G:\PS2TEST\CHETC_PS2.PAC"

Reading PAC header...

|-Type: DPAC

|-Header size: 16384

|-Found entries: 10

CATALOG/FILE SIZE OFFSET

CHAR 3 (CAT)

CHAR/DAT 36096 0 (16384)

CHAR/EDAT 512 36864 (53248)

CHAR/PRO 93952 38912 (55296)

FIGH 1 (CAT)

FIGH/CTRL 512 133120 (149504)

MVCH 3 (CAT)

MVCH/DAT 3584 135168 (151552)

MVCH/PRO 13056 139264 (155648)

MVCH/PMLH 256 153600 (169984)

>jruby pac.rb convert "G:\PS2TEST\CHETC_PS2.PAC" EPAC

Reading PAC header...

|-Type: DPAC

|-Header size: 16384

|-Found entries: 10

Writing converted PAC to G:\PS2TEST\CHETC_PS2.epac...

My plans are to add a padding feature that will restructure internal files and set them all at fixed offsets so that unpacked files can be easily imported without having to change the arc all the time. This will be useful for the PRO and DAT files.

Edited by nikethebike

The PAC (PS2) file format can not be read by x-packer. However the PACH (360) format can.

Same goes for DPAC (PS2) and EPAC (360).

So it is converting to be able to extract and uncompress PS2 files easily with x-packer.

However I might perhaps add an extract command in the future aswell.

Edited by nikethebike

Oh, very interesting!

There, you converted the entire chEtc.pac from PS2 to the 360 format, but, if we were to replace the 360 chEtc.pac with this converted PAC(and update the arcs) would the game freeze?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

If I still played SvR 2010 on my PS2, I'd use the editor, but I don't, lol. I am however checking out some videos of your editor, I'll post back later with questions on what the editor will and will not be able to do with the 360. Sorry, all I have for you is questions, I'm not really a good enough hacker or programmer to offer you any help I'm afraid. I do have lots of time though, so any time-consuming testing and stuff like that which you may not have the time to do, I'd be for it :)2

I 100% support this project and really can't wait for it to be finished, lol.

Alright, just some questions I've got, here goes:

1. Would ADDING wrestlers be possible?

2. Would REPLACING wrestlers be possible?

3. Does you editor support exporting models from previous games to work with 2010?

4. If the answer to 1. is yes, can we add entrances to those added models?

5. If the answer to 1. is yes, can we add titantrons to those added models?

6. If the answer to 1. is yes, can we add selection pics to those added models?

7. I'm guessing adding movesets is possible and you've already been successful in doing so, correct?

That's all I've got, please answer when you do get the time!

- YES!

2. Would REPLACING wrestlers be possible?

- YES!

3. Does you editor support exporting models from previous games to work with 2010?

- NO! Use x-packer to do this! I personally use the already fixed models from brienjs hack 2.0 (that I did not get to work).

4. If the answer to 1. is yes, can we add entrances to those added models?

- Depends what you mean. The entrance is just like moves in the moveset, so it is editable yes, but you will only be able to set it to what is available in the game already.

- Just like the entrance it is a part of the moveset and editable. You can set it to any of those in the default game.

- Don't know how they are handled on the 360...

7. I'm guessing adding movesets is possible and you've already been successful in doing so, correct?

- YES!

Edited by nikethebike

- YES!

So if I understand this right , it will enable no models so we can do this? Edit:Also I will be more than happy to try & help test anything you might need. Edited by ConnorMacleod

- Just like the entrance it is a part of the moveset and editable. You can set it to any of those in the default game.

- Don't know how they are handled on the 360...

To add trons to the added wrestlers, just create a bik file with the same id as the wrestler. i.e. ch100 = 100.bik.

Selection pics are in an archive called dlc.pac on 2010. The archive contains dds files with names to match the id's of the wrestler slots. You will need to create a new archive in this format to add selection pics.

To add trons to the added wrestlers, just create a bik file with the same id as the wrestler. i.e. ch100 = 100.bik.

Well, added wrestlers don't have entrances when you add them, we first have to add entrances to them to think about the titantrons, right?

I can't figure out the PRO.PACH though, so can't add entrances to them :P2

So if I understand this right , it will enable no models so we can do this? Edit:Also I will be more than happy to try & help test anything you might need.

Not jsut no models, there are many empty slots which are not used in the game.

Well, added wrestlers don't have entrances when you add them, we first have to add entrances to them to think about the titantrons, right?

I can't figure out the PRO.PACH though, so can't add entrances to them :P2

Correct

Ok, I want to make a distinction here.

In my eyes there's a difference between ADDING and EDITING an entrance.

Adding for me is when you copy and add the actual moves by hex editing.

Editing is what you can do with my editor. You just point what entrance to use to an entrance used by the other characters or one of the preset or tag team ones.

Well, in my defence, No Models don't have entrances to begin with, so, we can't edit something that doesn't even exist.

I see where you're coming from though.

Yes you can since they have a moveset and what entrance to use is set in that moveset file. You don't NEED to add it.

Edited by nikethebike

They are just by default set to the same as their own ID number. That is why no models by default points at a non-existent entrance since they don't have a file that matches.

That is why you can do this two ways, change the reference (easy way) or import a entrance file (hard way).

X-packer problems!

I have a ChEtc file where the DAT section is unpacked and moved to the end of the PAC file. This works in the PS2 game, but when I try my converted PAC in x-packer (x-packer reads and extracts the default non-hacked converted files fine) it for some reason still extracts the OLD PAC file, that should have no reference to it... What???

Seems like x-packer expects the internal files to come in the exact same order as the index has them, always starting from offset 0, so it automatically believes my first PAC file, even though the index says it is positioned at offset Hx4C, still reads it as if it had been at offset Hx00. This is a bug since the game can handle files this way.

Well, I think I gotta write my own export/import function now then I guess.

Edited by nikethebike

I seem to have been able to complete my pac file tool now.

It can extract and inject files into archives just like x-packer, but supports all folders. It can also convert between the PS2/360 formats.

Tool is currently part of svredit and is command line only.

And whoooaaa, this is pretty cool. Actually got the game to start after just converting the DAT and PRO PAC files from the PS2 and injecting them in the 360 ChEtc file... Movesets bug like hell though. :)

I still cannot get adding new characters to work though. I get fatal crash intercepted when I add h-file entries and add models to the arc.

Must i do anything special with the EMD entries in the ARC file when I add a new one? Is there some place I should "count up" some number?

Edited by nikethebike

Not really. The only thing you have to do is make sure the ch numbers go in order, so for example, 00010802 should go AFTER 00010702, this isn't necessary, but it helps to keep things organized. Since 00010802(which represents ch108) goes after 00010702(ch107) the same should happen in the h files, so it should be ch\ch107.pac..pac\ch\ch108.pac..pac etc.

You don't have to do anything with the EMD entries, just copy the entire entry for the above superstar's PACH entry(Select from the starting of EMD all the way to a the next EMD, without select the next EMD, of course). and paste it right after. Then just update everything using X-Packer.

I never remove the ch before the number, it's never crashed on me before doing so.