Nike The Bike hacks the 360

nikethebike

I just successfully converted a PS2 PRO.PAC to a 360 PRO.PACH!

This means that I can open the PRO file originally from the PS2 in x-packer.

There are however some additional files on the 360 version so I doubt they are compatible in the game as in simply import the converted PS2 pac into the 360...

Nice seeing you here man. Your mods and stuff are great. I still have that Medio transparency thing you did years back works quite nicely to this very day when creating stuff:)

Haha, yeah, that's pretty old. Glad it's still usable. :)

Been doing a lot for the PS2 over at OSR the last years and just recently started on an editor for HCTP and now this project.

Success! - I just replaced Carlito's moveset with a svredit edited moveset straight from the PS2 PRO.PAC

1. What I did was extract the PRO.PAC with my edited PS2 data manually with a HEX editor.

2. Then I ran my new PACH/PAC converter on it.

3. I opened the new file in x-packer and extracted the moveset I wanted, 220 since that's where I had Hogan on my PS2.

4. Opened the original PRO.PACH and injected my 220 moveset over 118 (Carlito).

5. I injected the PRO.PACH into CHETC.PAC and updated the ARC (non wrestler pac).

6. Started the game, chose Hogan (formerly Carlito) and he worked flawlessly. All hacked moves in the moveset that can be easily set with the editor worked as well and the smaller size of the PRO/220 from the PS2 did not seem to matter at all.

So wrestler data files and moveset files can just be swapped between the games. :)

Ok, just managed to add the missing files to that PAC and it worked. One problem though.

SUPERSTAR THREADS...

That's not on the PS2 and that's why the files are bigger.

Tried Mr. Kennedy and Jeff Hardy and by default they have extra attires and their colors was messed up even if you chose the "default" guy.

It is possible to convert between the systems but it might either be a little buggy or the conversion will be a little more complex.

I will look into converting misc.pac data as well as moves like The Atomic Leg Drop does not make damage by default, I edited that with the editor.

Edited by nikethebike

Success! - I just replaced Carlito's moveset with a svredit edited moveset straight from the PS2 PRO.PAC

1. What I did was extract the PRO.PAC with my edited PS2 data manually with a HEX editor.

2. Then I ran my new PACH/PAC converter on it.

3. I opened the new file in x-packer and extracted the moveset I wanted, 220 since that's where I had Hogan on my PS2.

4. Opened the original PRO.PACH and injected my 220 moveset over 118 (Carlito).

5. I injected the PRO.PACH into CHETC.PAC and updated the ARC (non wrestler pac).

6. Started the game, chose Hogan (formerly Carlito) and he worked flawlessly. All hacked moves in the moveset that can be easily set with the editor worked as well and the smaller size of the PRO/220 from the PS2 did not seem to matter at all.

So wrestler data files and moveset files can just be swapped between the games. :)

Awesome. This is going to be too good, lol.

The PRO.PACH handles the moveset, right? Which file handles the entrances?

Yea, which entrance to use, I want my added Kurt Angle to use the Superstar 01 entrance motion. So I'd have to edit the chEtc.pac. Any idea on what I'd have to do in it though? lol. Kurt's ch108.pac and his pofo in my chEtc.pac is 006C.

Tekken, x-packer does some guessing work while working with EPAC files like chEtc.pac right?

chEtc.pac actually has more contents than what x-packer shows, it seems to only show the three files in the first folder (CHAR) while it actually has two more folders on the PS2 and three more on the XBOX360 called FIGH (with one file in it), CNST (with one file in it) and MVCH (with three more files in it).

I have now added support to convert ChEtc.pac from the DPAC format to the EPAC format so that they can be read by x-packer. :)

Only problem is that svredit does not update the file headers of CHETC.PAC but only the ARC file so x-packer wont extract the new DAT data edited by svredit... :p

Tekken, x-packer does some guessing work while working with EPAC files like chEtc.pac right?

chEtc.pac actually has more contents than what x-packer shows, it seems to only show the three files in the first folder (CHAR) while it actually has two more folders on the PS2 and three more on the XBOX360 called FIGH (with one file in it), CNST (with one file in it) and MVCH (with three more files in it).

It works by reading the header of the files to determine the contents, location and sizes of the pach files. It only works with the wrestler pac files completely as the headers in other files are slightly different in certain instances.

Tekken do you have any plans to update x-packer to have full folder support, not just the first folder it finds?

Don't have the time to work on it anymore. My new job is taking up all my time and have literally no free time. I was working on adding support for wwe 13 but had to stop halfway.

The archiver showed all those files you mentioned, Nike. But, it's down and whether or not brienj will put the server back up is not known :(2 It's a real shame as everything would've been 100 times easier with it.

I just edited the NYUJYO0 and NYUJYO2.pacs (added an entrance to my Kurt Angle) but am having trouble updating the arc files. I calculated the XX and YY for my pasted BPEs(Pasted Superstar 01 entrance BPE, ID 500, at a valid offset in the NYUJYO0.pac) and added a string in the arcs and put the correct values in there but the tutorial I was following(it was for PS2, but it should work for 360 for the most part) told me to add 300 to the number that follows EVT1/EVP1, so Nike or Tekken, please help me and tell me how to do that, lol. I tried and it just hung up at the Now Loading screen :/

I'm writing a tool that if completed will be free (probably bundled with the editor). It will read/display at least DPAC/EPAC/PAC/PACH and be able to convert between these (the compatible ones).

As always, the only thing I wish in return are more mods by the community and donations for the editor.

Would it be able to decompress BPEs and stuff like that too?

And I want to make an a huge hack for 2010, won't be as huge as the SVR 2010 hack that brienj did simply because I don't have that kind of knowledge :P2 but I'll try my best to make it huge. I'll only be motivated to do it if you were supporting it, Nike, and made tools for me to able to add entrances to added chars and stuff like that. I've already added some of my favourite wrestlers to the game, but it just feels a little in-complete due to them not having entrances and such, if you can help me out there, I have no problem adding more guys and retexturing and texture-modding guys as that's kind of what I do, lol.

So when you say that it'll be able to convert the compatible ones, so far the compatible ones are?

The pofo files in the chEtc.pac

The files in the PRO.PACH

And what else?