using xpacker on svr 2010 question..

zhigge

i want to add people to 2010 on the360. using the newest version of xpacker i thought i could just take wrestler pacs from say 2007 or 2008, add the pac to a no model slot on 2010, and use xpacker to update the arc files. thus no being able to use the wrestler.. this isnt happening.. i see documents but the are old and before the new enhancments to xpacker..

i hope that makes sense. basically i just want to play 2010 with older wrestlers using the newest vs of xpacker to enable the no model slots.

wait using x-packer to update the chet.pac? i straght up forgot how to edit it, so i'm going back over notes andt trying to use the new tools to hopefully make it easy.

Nope, you have to edit it using a hex editor, or using brienj's archiver to extract the needed files and then edit those, and then inject using the archiver. X-Packer can't update the chEtc.pac I'm afraid. And what are these documents you talked about in the opening post? Mind posting them here?

EDIT:

I have this:

http://forum.xentax....php?f=21&t=3926

It's helpful enough I think :) I think X-Packer can edit Pofo files from 2010, I'll run a test right now :)

EDIT: Yep, extract the P0FO files from the archiver and then edit using X-Packer. I still need to test if it works but X-Packer opens up and recognizes it so that's a good sign :)

Edited by Miztah Raza

Success!

I've added a model(It's Kane from the same game, I just used him to test). I'll write up a tut later or atleast explain how I did it :)

Now, I'm going to try and add Kurt Angle into SvR 2010 and see if it's possible :)

EDIT: It's funny how brienj and DRAVEN had a thread about this back in '09 and us nu-blood are figuring this out now, lol.

Edited by Miztah Raza

yep.. i thank you. i figured with the new stuff being easy the old stuff should be a breeze...i used the link you have and some stuff posted by draven in here.

i was also hoping using xpacker now may allow the use of the models that were said to not work in the past like kurt

Edited by zhigge

The models work, they just have graphical errors, do you have brienj's SvR 2010 hack in which he imported all the guys from previous games? If so, can you send me Kurt's pac, it's ch105 in the hack :) And also RVD's which is ch106. That way I can figure out how to fix the glitch and can write up a tut ;)

Haven't had a go with this yet(very busy with modding, collab with DRAVEN, textures for a CAW, etc) but I'll tell you what I did:

First, I opened up the chEtc.pac in the Archiver and extracted the 6C00(ch208) UNK from the DAT PACH

Then, I opened it up as a P0FO file using X-PacKer.

Edited what I needed to do, was pretty straight forward, Selection number was 96 ;)

Then, re-injected the UNK(or P0FO) using the archiver.

Now, I injected Kurt's PACH into Kane's PAC(ch207),

Then, I renamed the PACH 00020802

Then, I renamed the PAC ch208

I added the entry in the arc files.

Then, I added the entry in the H files

FTP'd everything back in the correct place

Done.

Hope that was easy enough to understand, lol.

Interesting stuff.

Been thinking a lot about trying some 360 hacking now when my HCTP project got held up due to computer crash.

We should have had a n00b 1-0-1-guide of where to start... I know I would have liked one now that I've been away from this stuff for a while.

There is a similar option. You extract the DAT.PACH from the chEtc.pac file and then use the "Open DAT archive" function in X-Packer to open up the DAT.PACH, then uncompress any of the BPEs(Wrestler BPEs start with 0064, which is The Rock) and then use the "Open POf0" function to open the uncompressed BPEs to edit. Then, re-inject them by reversing the process.

Oh, and I thought you already knew how to do this, Nike, I mean isn't PS2 similar to XBOX in some cases?

i think its more about remembering. i use to know how to do this crap backwards and forwards but when wwe12 came out and i found we couldn't use the models from 11 down.. i left this stuff alone.. I think nike is the same.. coming from the ps2 scene to the 360 is a difference. working on 2010 on the 360 is different than the ps2. it should have been easier but it hasn't been at least for me.. my pc crashed on the 4th so i've been scrounging to get stuff back together. :(

PS2 is similar yes but I made tools so that I didn't need to learn really. Then I just modded with the tools I had made. And the basic stuff was made so long ago, he he.

This I figured out on my own, with indirect help from brienj. Because, he gave me everything I needed to know about the chEtc.pac and adding wrestlers and such on our WWE '13 DLC project. And then I used that info and applied it on the 2010 chEtc.pac and most of it was pretty straight forward. Then I discovered that X-PacKer function and it was easy as hell, lol.

Yes. Also, 360/PS3 versions use DDS files for textures.

And the wrestler pacs are way easier to work with since all of them are just in one ch folder. And the arc stuff is easy as well if you put some time into trying to understand it :)2