So where are the Japanese wrestling games?

brienj

Just tried to pm you about this thread but you blocked me lol.

You must have messaged me about LOWM on one of my bad days. I block people that send me "retarded" messages, and re-reading your message, it really wasn't retarded, I was probably just in a bad mood or something, and bringing up that old crappy LOWM set me off. LOL

I unblocked you.

I have done more, but this is the first one that non-Puro fans might like and appreciate ...

Well, if that was your intention, you def succeeded, it looks great! It's the only arena you've made that I recognize, LOL.

You must have messaged me about LOWM on one of my bad days. I block people that send me "retarded" messages, and re-reading your message, it really wasn't retarded, I was probably just in a bad mood or something, and bringing up that old crappy LOWM set me off. LOL

I unblocked you.

LOL, I managed to work out what I messaged you about anyway :) just reverse enginered it.. Anyway thanks for unblocking me!

its still amazes me how a game like KOC 2, hell KOC red/green had waaay more moves than all the smackdowns games combined on the PS2 smh... They look sweet *a little robotic* but like joe's chimera plex is awsome, lo-ki's avalanche ki-krusher 99 love it,the avalanche perfect plex, and a real DVD and burning lariat are my favorite moves.. wait so how will this project work on my retail ps2 will i need to get a rgh lmao. can i take it online and ..tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif

let me stop no seriously is this going to be a tool or save hack?

Edited by zhigge

As the board shows, not many people are familiar with these games. But even with that limited audience, you're also dealing with a game that belongs to another generation of consoles: so good luck drumming up motivation to revisit those. Who would really like this info is the FirePro Club, who does have dedicated sections to Japanese games. You'd be speaking to the choir there.

Anyway, my favorite PS2 wrestling games were ASPW 3, KOC II, and Fire Pro Returns. Gotta love games that have programmable logic for wrestlers, which makes all the difference in the world. And damn if Square Enix didn't do a beautiful job creating a sim-style environment with ASPW 3. 6-7 years ago, I would have been drooling about this, but with hardware long sold and a dwindling fanbase, it's hard to revisit now.

And I agree WK2 was definitely better. Good god, those legends were great additions to the roster and gameplay was definitely improved. IF the Japanese wrestling games industry ever recovers (and with the sell of AJPW) perhaps it will, I'd love to see a translation for future games.

And I agree WK2 was definitely better. Good god, those legends were great additions to the roster and gameplay was definitely improved. IF the Japanese wrestling games industry ever recovers (and with the sell of AJPW) perhaps it will, I'd love to see a translation for future games.

you sound like a smart man...i just hated i had to switch between all three of those games so often just to get a good puro experience tho.. aspw3 had the best move impact of any game i've ever played.

its still amazes me how a game like KOC 2, hell KOC red/green had waaay more moves than all the smackdowns games combined on the PS2 smh... They look sweet *a little robotic* but like joe's chimera plex is awsome, lo-ki's avalanche ki-krusher 99 love it,the avalanche perfect plex, and a real DVD and burning lariat are my favorite moves.. wait so how will this project work on my retail ps2 will i need to get a rgh lmao. can i take it online and ..tumblr_md95uagwKT1qck737.gif

let me stop no seriously is this going to be a tool or save hack?

These are going to be edited game files, you will have to make an ISO from the disc you own, edit it, rebuild it and then you can either burn it to a DVD, buy Swap magic and play the burned disc on the PS2 using swap magic, or mod chip the PS2 or softmod it using Free McBoot, OR play the ISO using a PS2 emu on your PC, if it can handle it.ze

EDIT: Run-on sentence, I know, I'm half asleep, just be glad I answered the question, in detail, :lol:

Edited by Miztah Raza

As the board shows, not many people are familiar with these games. But even with that limited audience, you're also dealing with a game that belongs to another generation of consoles: so good luck drumming up motivation to revisit those. Who would really like this info is the FirePro Club, who does have dedicated sections to Japanese games. You'd be speaking to the choir there.

Yeah, FireProClub, where the registrations have been closed for several years now ...

But it's ok, I've found some other cool sites that are into these games.

BrienJ this is awesome

Love your work

Glad you like it.

this thread deserves it's own section... good to see that other things can be modded aside from the language..

another great work, Brienj... PS2 wrestling games still are superior to current wrestling games.. i wonder if HCTP can be modded.

This is awesome work BrienJ, would love to see an FMW ring in this one day. You never cease to amaze me.....

The bloody mat ring is the FMW/Indy ring. I guess i could update it to actually be FMW, but not sure if anyone likes the bloody ring or not and would get upset if I replaced it, although when my tool is released, people can change the textures all they want and even put the default black ring back to black, instead of the ROH ring.

BTW, I still plan on updating the ROH ring again, with black posts, but this is good enough for now. When I get time to update/make more arenas, I will.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Awesome work BrienJ. I don't know how I found this thread, but am extremely glad I did. My rgh will be here tomorrow, so I am extremely interested in seeing what you are able to accomplish with this game. Are the wrestler models the same as wwe 12 or 13? Possibility to edit the wrestlers like we're able to do with the wwe series?

Great great great work. I can't stress this how appreciative I am for this.

• Like 1

Some Japanese games are better then the American ones like koc 2 wrestle kingdom

You know why we dont have one? because whichever idiots at marketing decided to make this japan exclusive and the european xboxes wont play it.

If only someone would finish translating some of the Japanese Wrestling games. Luckily I can play them with FreeMcBoot but a fan translation would be awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

brienj, has a translation ever been completed for KoC2 or WK2 by chance?  Seems like this thread rather died and the links have long since expired it seems.  Just wondering if there was anything new to report.  Thanks...

Edited by Luminairus

• 1 month later...

Some Japanese games are better then the American ones like koc 2 wrestle kingdom

That was the sole reason I bought a chipped PS2!

What does piss me off is that the only Japanese wrestling game on the xbox 360 and they make the sodding thing japan region only!

Wouldnt suprise me if WWE had something to do with that.

• 1 year later...