|Tutorial| Decompressing and Extracting PAC,BPE

HotavioH

Since some guys are getting trouble in this, I decided to make this tutorial. I know there is another easiest ways, but, maybe for sure, this can resolve 100% of problems.

So Let's Getting Started.

First of all, do the Download of this Tools Pack:
This Pack contains these tools (None of them are mine):
- Xpacker by Tekken57
- XBCompression by XDK
- QuickBMS by ? (Already is included "yukes.bms")

Link: Click HERE
*Updated Link, since Anonyfiles is currently down.

After Downloaded the Tools, follow these steps:

1- Get the Game "ch.pac" of the superstar.
Remember of Extract the .rar file.

Go to Windows, Run, and Write cmd to open an Black Box.
In that Black Box, Drag the xbdecompress.exe that is inside the xbcompression folder.
Then, Press Space and Drag the "ch.pac" that you want to get your hand with.
Press Space and, again, drag the "ch.pac" one more time, but this time, dont press space, instead of it write .uncompress and press enter.

Done. Your PAC file is decompressed.

2- Now open the X-Packer (Inside X-Packer folder, LOL).
Opened the program, press Ctrl+X and open the achieve that you decompressed. May be called "ch__.pac.uncompress".
After opened, select the attire that you want to extract the texture, press Extract and save the file.
Now press Ctrl+3 and select the file that you have extracted.
After Opened that file, Press Extract and save the BPE Files that you Want to access

PS.: For the Color Texture, Extract 000C, for superstars threads mask, Extract Every Other 000?, where this "?" Must be a Letter, like 000D, 000E.

Done one more step, you just extracted the BPE.

3- Now we need to extract that BPE, but how?
Just Open QuickBMS.exe that is in the quickbms folder.
Open the file "yukes.bms" that is also in the quickbms folder.
Now open the .BPE file that you extracted in the Step 2
Save It.

4- Open Again X-Packer and press Ctrl+T and select the file that you saved in the "Step 3" (May be called like 000C.bpe.unpacked, where the C, can be any of the other Letters, like 000D.bpe.unpacked, for example).
Opened the file, Press to Extract to save the DDS to your PC.

Done, you already gotted the so wanted DDS file.

5- This Steps gonna be a Tip.
If wanna an easy and fast DDS Extractor, Go to the following link and make the download of "DDS Viewer", it's completly free and even an monkey can use it.
Link: http://ddsviewer.com/

So is that. Hope this gonna be useful. As I said in the start of the post, I know there's is another easiest ways to do this, but this that I showed up can be more explained ans kill some doubts.

Thank you Guys, and have fun decompressing and extracting and decompressing and extracting!

Edited by HotavioH
  • Like 2

Well, first of all, I did not make xmemdecompress, that is a tool from the XDK, so please don't say it was from me, I don't need MS coming to my door. ;)

Also, all you need to do it, is use my PAC Extractor, no need for any of the extra work, and when I release my next tool, you can extract files individually, but for models files especially, to be honest, my PAC Extractor is better than anything else ...

Edited by brienj

Well, first of all, I did not make xmemdecompress, that is a tool from the XDK, so please don't say it was from me, I don't need MS coming to my door. ;)

Also, all you need to do it use my PAC Extractor, no need for any of the extra work, and when I release my next tool, you can extract files individually, but for models files especially, to be honest, my PAC Extractor is better than anything else ...

Gonna change the credits. And the PAC Extractor, like me, some people can't get so much success using it... But if the guy know how to use it, of course it gonna save time.

Edited by HotavioH

Definitely one of the easier/more basic things to do when it comes to modding, but from what I've seen around here and other places, it looks like a lot of people could use it, and it really doesn't get any clearer than this. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Gonna change the credits. And the PAC Extractor, like me, some people can't get so much success using it... But if the guy know how to use it, of course it gonna save time.

You probably aren't forcing it to the newer EPK8 on the ch pac files. All of the ch pac files this year, and last, if I remember right, you MUST click that little box.

You probably aren't forcing it to the newer EPK8 on the ch pac files. All of the ch pac files this year, and last, if I remember right, you MUST click that little box.

Yeah I tried that... But didn't worked with me...

Yeah I tried that... But didn't worked with me...

You're probably using the tool to open a pac file that is in a folder with a space in the name. I'll be fixing that later, but have the fix already in my new tool.

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance you do a tut on how to repack all this to inject in game

Here is the tut for that:

1) Wait until I release my PAC Archiver

2) Download the PAC Archiver

3) Replace files in PAC files all day long

Here is the tut for that:

1) Wait until I release my PAC Archiver

2) Download the PAC Archiver

3) Replace files in PAC files all day long

LOL ,dawm Brienj always have me by the balls lol , im just trying to get my feet wet a little while im waiting for your tool but by what i understand your tool gonna do most of the work so if your telling me i dont need to understand this method to work with your tool im gonna stop right now because its been over a month that im trying to figure this out ,also for your tool i cant seem to find a 3d studio max 2010-2011 that work for me ,will i still be abel to use your tool and import models without it or do you have any plan of making it work with newer version of 3dmax

LOL ,dawm Brienj always have me by the balls lol , im just trying to get my feet wet a little while im waiting for your tool but by what i understand your tool gonna do most of the work so if your telling me i dont need to understand this method to work with your tool im gonna stop right now because its been over a month that im trying to figure this out ,also for your tool i cant seem to find a 3d studio max 2010-2011 that work for me ,will i still be abel to use your tool and import models without it or do you have any plan of making it work with newer version of 3dmax

I am in the process of getting the 2012 SDK, I've already got the 2009 SDK and can make plugins for that now, and chrrox says he will help compile the plugin for 2013. So eventually, 2009 - 2013 will be covered.

• 8 months later...

Mods, this should deffinitley be moved over to the 2K14 Modding section, as it still applies to the game this year and is still really helpful. The only thing that would need mentioning however, is that we now have to rename the EPAC's, which I'm sure HotavioH can add in :) 

Edited by Titan83

• 6 years later...
On 1/16/2013 at 9:17 PM, HotavioH said:

Since some guys are getting trouble in this, I decided to make this tutorial. I know there is another easiest ways, but, maybe for sure, this can resolve 100% of problems.

- Xpacker by Tekken57
- XBCompression by XDK

In that Black Box, Drag the xbdecompress.exe that is inside the xbcompression folder.
Press Space and, again, drag the "ch.pac" one more time, but this time, dont press space, instead of it write .uncompress and press enter.

Opened the program, press Ctrl+X and open the achieve that you decompressed. May be called "ch__.pac.uncompress".
After opened, select the attire that you want to extract the texture, press Extract and save the file.
After Opened that file, Press Extract and save the BPE Files that you Want to access

PS.: For the Color Texture, Extract 000C, for superstars threads mask, Extract Every Other 000?, where this "?" Must be a Letter, like 000D, 000E.

Save It.

4- Open Again X-Packer and press Ctrl+T and select the file that you saved in the "Step 3" (May be called like 000C.bpe.unpacked, where the C, can be any of the other Letters, like 000D.bpe.unpacked, for example).

If wanna an easy and fast DDS Extractor, Go to the following link and make the download of "DDS Viewer", it's completly free and even an monkey can use it.

So is that. Hope this gonna be useful. As I said in the start of the post, I know there's is another easiest ways to do this, but this that I showed up can be more explained ans kill some doubts.

Thank you Guys, and have fun decompressing and extracting and decompressing and extracting!

any one have this XBCompression i cant download it 

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2013 at 10:17 AM, HotavioH said:

- Xpacker by Tekken57
- XBCompression by XDK

Save It.

i download the compress tools, but the xbdecompress.exe doesnt work on my pc, need some files or something? need help please