Anyone got the game?

Smacktalks

It was released in the US today but i'm still not sure whether to pre-order it for Friday in the UK, has anyone else got/pre-ordered it?

• Like 1

I've go mine on pre order at game and it should be shipped out in the morning, I think the full game will be well worth it plus with plenty of dlc coming out in the future I'll be sticking with it for awhile.

I've just heard that it was mentioned in an interview that theres a secret character other than the Honkey Tonk Man that has not been revealed but whether they are on the disc or dlc it wasnt said.

I heard the same thing. Sal Divita did mention putting some secret content into the game so I'm guessing it is true. I don't think it would be a big star but maybe Goldust.

I just got home with it....about 6 minutes left on the install on the PS3 and i'll be ready to go....hope its worth the money.

Ok, so I've played 2 matches...stone cold vs macho man and jake the snake vs bret hart. so far id say it meets my approval. the controls are kinda shitty..maybe thats just the arcade nature, idk. at times its difficult to strike the computer because they just keep backing away. Also, kinda shitty how if you win by knockout, it cuts to a quicktime of your character pinning the other for a 3 count after it was ruled a KO....

Edited by Twist of Fate

Hey guys, I'm over in the states at the moment for Wrestlemania.. Does anyone know if I buy a copy over here for the Ps3 will there be any issues with playing it on my system at home or using it online?

I think PS3 games are region free so they should work.

I got the game this morning and i've had a good play of it, tried various Superstars/Legends and got used to the controls, it's actually pretty good. The Create mode isnt up to much at all but the Path of Champions and Fantasy Matchups make up for it.

yeah...once you figure out the jist of the controls, it goes pretty smooth. the reversals are a little difficult (to me) and im having issues linking together more than 2 moves at a time, but it'll work out. the fantasy warfare and path of champions are both pretty cool. not too keen on having to keep replaying the path of champions to unlock the attires and such, but at least it adds immediate replay value to it instead of unlocking characters and then giving it up...I'm definitely glad I bought it...it's earned the money already.

I've spent most the day just going through the achivements and getting used to it and i've probably played it more in that time than I have ever played SvR 2011.

The Fantasy Warfare matches were good just to watch the videos before the match and really got me into it just watching the video for HBK/Taker.

The Path of Champions modes have an old school wrestling game feel for me, kinda like WWF Warzone / Attitude where you have to fight through a list of opponents to get to the title match with the Champion cutting promos towards you as you progress. It was kind of short to play through all three but I still think theres more than enough here for the money.

The online play is a lot harder than the regular gameplay as even when you get your opponent flashing red it takes forever to get a pinfall. The best way to win is via K.O. but most people just punch / kick you when you try to perform your finisher if its a standing move which means the matches can go on for ages.

Overall, I think this is the ideal game for anyone that has grown out of / got bored of the SvR games, but if your after a game that has lasting appeal and you just want to make caws, etc. then you can live without it.