All Stars Demo + Avatar Items

Smacktalks

You can download the game demo and a bunch of new avatar items including Warriors Facepaint and Bret, Hogan, piper and Slaughter attires here.

Heres the attires:

thumblg.pngthumblg.pngthumblg.pngthumblg.pngthumblg.png

If you select some of the items on the site theres now a preview of them on your avatar.

I just had a quick match on the demo to try it and im really dont like the controls. Everything I kept trying to run to perform a running attack or even just move out of the way my player just wouldnt run.

Aside from that problem, playing as Mysterio, whenever I tried a kick/punch the cpu just moved back so they couldnt connect 90% of the time which started to get annoying.

The match eneded with Warrior KO'ing me outside the ring, celebrating and then he pinned me with a 3 count having already won.

I'll try it again later but on first impressions the controls really let it down for me.

That's what I'm saying. The only AllStars shit on it is a trailer, that I have no interest in watching. With Pauls description of the gameplay, I definitely want to try the demo before i devote the cash for it when its out...

I played around 15 games now and it is awesome.Once you get your head around the gameplay and how things work you can pull of some crazy combos.

THQ put out a demo guide http://thqinc.cachefly.net/wwe/AllStars_Images/WWE_AllStars_Demo_StrategyGuide.pdf

The amount of combos goes way beyond what I was expecting.

I was a llittle put off by the use of the face buttons for choosing a grapple move instead of a direction but with the combos it makes sense.

I'll have a read of the guide and then give it ago. It's a smart move putting out a guide to show people how to do the combos, etc.

Well, it finally ended up on PSN. I'm not terribly impressed..not sure if I'm going to invest the money in the full game or not...

feels a bit sluggish, and i lost my first match, but i think this has potential to be a fun multi player game, shame theres alot less to it than SvR because i'm sick of it. its a welcome change to me.

That is a guide for pulling off some of the moves, as a rough guess with grapples and combos each wrestler has 20 plus grapples. It takes a little while to get the hang of the moves and such but it really pays off after a few matches. In terms of the general gameplay it is the most fun I've had with a wrestling title in years.

The AI is also great to. It puts up a fight but it never feels cheap the times I've lost are usually down to making a mistake or something.