Paul

Fozy

Sort the site out, dude. There's obviously a bunch of advertisements out there, and it's attracting people. There is ZERO content and no reason for anyone to post other than spam bots. Stop advertising if there is nothing to advertise!

The spam bots have been taking over all IPB boards this past week, Invision are looking to release an update to try and combat it and we've been added to the new anti-spam system so if someone gets flagged as a spammer on another board and tries to register with the same details here they'll be automatically disabled.

As for the site content, theres a bunch of caws, etc. on the svr site that people have started submitting and the news section is still gaining a lot of views. The main problem with the forum is that because people view the news on the site they then have to visit the forums to reply which they wont do especially if they havent signed up.

I've been working on a new site which allows comments to be posted on the site which then also show on the forum that should increase posts in the news forum, however i'm not just gonna rush it out like I have previously. This time i'm combining all the previous sections, cawsearch, etc. so that its all in one place, hopefully meaning users are then more aware of the other parts of the site. The main problem is writing all the code to allow the IPB accounts to work outside of the forums which has to be done from scratch.

As for other forum activity you can always make some topics regarding things that interest you to try and get people posting more.

I've been checking out the spam service logs today and over the past 2 days it's blocked 4 bots that registered, with 0 getting through. There does look to be some accounts that have registered before the spam service was activated but i've banned the majority of them, so hopefully it should mean less spam from now on.

• 8 years later...