PC paint tool for svr2010

DRAVEN

PTExplorer

PTExplorer is a tool that will let you edit paint tool files for svr2010 on your PC allowing you

to import your own images

So here's the sequence of events that will work,

1. Transfer your .PT (Paint Tool) file to PC and extract images using PTExplorer as (*.bmp)

2. Open the bmps in PSP or Photoshop and edit them

Remember that since black is the transparent color in the in-game pallette you need to change the

black slightly in PS so it doesnt appear as a transparent in game.

3. Save the bmps of the same size & color depth.

4. Reimport the bmps into the .pt file to slots of your choice with PTExplorer, but don't use

slot 0

5. Save the *.PT file from PTExplorer

6. Use modio to rehash and resign the .pt file

7. Transfer it to the XBox using Xplorer360, overwriting the old Paint Tool .pt file

8. Go to the Paint Tool in-game: the game will detect a corrupted file and when asked to

overwrite the file, do it! The game will correct the file, make slot 0 the default logo,

but keep the other logo's intact.

Download

PTExplorer V1.6

Made by Mr.Mouse of:

Xentax

Latest update:

- added readme.txt

- fixed a colour bug when loading from BMP. May even help corruption problem in-game.

- fixed bug with slot 10 and importing

- added View Alpha to show the intensity of each colour in the image in-game

- added tool-tip text when hovering over a button

- fixed dialogs

Bugs:

- the threshold for transparency seems to be wider than just (0,0,0).

I've had a couple images where I used the color black set to about (3,5,6) and the game

still recognized those as transparent. I ended up making those parts lime green

in PSP/PhotoShop, then changing them to black with the in-game paint tool.

Thanks to FatalArms for this video tutorial...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petchy

Petchy off caws here, how would I go about getting my save data off my HDD using a USB Adapter, and how would I extract the paint tool file? What softwares would I need etc.?

Well, I shall be using this..

.. so wondered where I'd go from there onwards because it mentions rehashing etc, or does Xplorer do all that business? :) Edited by InsaneSabu!

• 1 month later...

.. so wondered where I'd go from there onwards because it mentions rehashing etc, or does Xplorer do all that business? :)

On dial-up here so I can't see the video you mentioned. But you can download Modio for free and it has its on HDD explorer and it has a resigning tool. As long as you have your HDD hooked up to your computer you can inject your pt file directly back to your HDD from the resigning portion of the Modio program. I did this for the first time with success on a Suicide character.

Now I do have a question. Any .bmp file that I put back into PTXplorer always shows up as completely transparent. So for a real logo or picture that I would want to put in, I would have to manually go over all 256 colors and make them viewable. That's a pain in the rear. Anyone else who uses this know how to correct this problem without using the Paint.net program that's listed in the video? I don't mind doing it manually with a logo that is only 10 colors or less, but manually setting 256 is extremely time consuming and too much of a hassle.

Guest Evil Jeff

.. so wondered where I'd go from there onwards because it mentions rehashing etc, or does Xplorer do all that business? :)

Now I do have a question. Any .bmp file that I put back into PTXplorer always shows up as completely transparent. So for a real logo or picture that I would want to put in, I would have to manually go over all 256 colors and make them viewable. That's a pain in the rear. Anyone else who uses this know how to correct this problem without using the Paint.net program that's listed in the video? I don't mind doing it manually with a logo that is only 10 colors or less, but manually setting 256 is extremely time consuming and too much of a hassle.

I had the same problem - if you use the recommended app 'Paint.net' this takes care of the problem - I was stubbornly trying to use Photoshop as I was more familiar with it

PTExplorer

PTExplorer is a tool that will let you edit paint tool files for svr2010 on your PC allowing you

to import your own images

So here's the sequence of events that will work,

1. Transfer your .PT (Paint Tool) file to PC and extract images using PTExplorer as (*.bmp)

2. Open the bmps in PSP or Photoshop and edit them

Remember that since black is the transparent color in the in-game pallette you need to change the

black slightly in PS so it doesnt appear as a transparent in game.

3. Save the bmps of the same size & color depth.

4. Reimport the bmps into the .pt file to slots of your choice with PTExplorer, but don't use

slot 0

5. Save the *.PT file from PTExplorer

6. Use modio to rehash and resign the .pt file

7. Transfer it to the XBox using Xplorer360, overwriting the old Paint Tool .pt file

8. Go to the Paint Tool in-game: the game will detect a corrupted file and when asked to

overwrite the file, do it! The game will correct the file, make slot 0 the default logo,

but keep the other logo's intact.

Download

PTExplorer V1.6

Made by Mr.Mouse of:

Xentax

Latest update:

- added readme.txt

- fixed a colour bug when loading from BMP. May even help corruption problem in-game.

- fixed bug with slot 10 and importing

- added View Alpha to show the intensity of each colour in the image in-game

- added tool-tip text when hovering over a button

- fixed dialogs

Bugs:

- the threshold for transparency seems to be wider than just (0,0,0).

I've had a couple images where I used the color black set to about (3,5,6) and the game

still recognized those as transparent. I ended up making those parts lime green

in PSP/PhotoShop, then changing them to black with the in-game paint tool.

Thanks to FatalArms for this video tutorial...

This only works on 360 or those it work on ps3 as well ?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...