WWE's contract expires with THQ

ECW LEGEND

When WWE's contract expires with THQ in 2010, what do you think would happen? Would a new contract be signed or would another developer pick up the contract to carry on WWE video games if so what developer do you think would it be

I don't think there's too much choice, Midway are struggling to keep there heads above water and the only other sports publishers EA Sports or 2K Sports.

I'd rather see THQ retain the contract, at least it's a tried and tested format and there's no going back to square one and causing them to put out a limited game with a new engine (i.e. TNA iMPACT).

If I did have to choose one other than THQ, I'd go with EA Sports. They've made the best football, nhl, etc. games for years, so i'd be confident they would churn out a decent wrestling game.

They should also be able to put together a much better online experience of game. Online KOTR, leagues, etc.

I'll disagree Paul. Based solely on EA producing sports games, if you'll recall, WCW Backstage Assault. It was made by EA and the character models SUCKED. The games premise sucked. The gameplay itself sucked. Perhaps Acclaim will get back into the wrestling genre. I will say that they'd be better off to keep THQ tho.

Well you can't really go by a game developed nearly ten years ago. For one EA's mindset has changed since then, and it would be a different developer handling the game - especially seems as the developer of Mayhem and Backstage Assault is no longer around.

WWE have made it pretty clear via various lawsuits that they don't want THQ to have the license. In a time where the WWE ratings aren't going anywhere but down though, I think competition over the license will be thin as developers are tightening their buckles in these tough times. It really could go anywhere, Activision Blizzard might put in an offer. I'd like EA to get either the WWE or TNA license and add it to the EA Sports BIG line up though. I think they'd do a pretty good job.

Oh and also, WCW Mayhem was far better than the two previous THQ PS1 WCW games, Nitro and Thunder. So what EA did with the license wasn't all bad.

No, I enjoyed Mayhem. I truly did and thought it could've been great with more polish on future editions....however, Backstage Assault went backwards...it lost some of hte finer mechanics that mayhem had..but like you said, it was many years ago...

I would like to see EA with it to see what they could do, last few years their sports titles have really started to shine and the skate series brought something new to that genre. Maybe they can do the same to wrestling.

Only thing is Smackdown is one of the games that is helping THQ through the harsh times and losing that would be a big hit to the company.

Aero you SOOO right.. I was online looking at everybody playing fuck Svr 09/08 online NOW Compare that to UFC NOW Udc still wins...... Why? cause Real dont mic with fake... Svr, has to do somthing.... Svr 10 Save us.

And by the way :( gotta say havent played 09 in like 3 mounths... UFC/Computer got in my way.

I never got Mayhem, I was gonna get it but I think the PS2 had just came out at the time so I ended up buying some PS2 game. From what I recall reading in gaming mags back in the day it was one of the best WCW games, although I think I'd have prefered the N64 THQ games.

Guest damon

i would ust like to say thanks to u all that helped me and my dlc pack 1 issue has been solved when they put pack 1 back up on psn store so i immediately downloaded it so thx