copy dlc to memory card to take to another xbox

larry54235

Well if a memory card is your only storage on your 360, it's already on the memory card. Otherwise it's on your HDD, just disconnect that and take it to your friends house. Then yeah, you'll have to move your gamertag, which takes ages, no joke. It takes over 15 minutes. You could even just move your gamertag, and download it from the marketplace again for free on your friend's console. Keep in mind you can't keep a gamertag on two consoles, so when you're home, you will have to move your tag back.

suicideX - Just like 360 achievements, PS3 trophies are locked to your PSN ID; but that is seperate from your initial log in user profile on PS3. Put your PSN ID login details into another profile, and it should sync up the trophies when you enter the trophy menu. They don't need to be and can't be saved to USB, they're saved on the Sony server, just like Microsoft saves your achievements on their servers under your gamertag.

i was under the impression that taking ur dlc to another hdd regardless of ur gamertag or not would cause licence issues, i.e. them being locked to 1 hdd & gamertag?

if not, go for it love... just as long as ur memory card is big enough ;)

Well if it's on your HDD, you're not "taking ur dlc to another hdd", you're simply plugging your HDD into another console (as if you'd a bought a new console and plugged it into that). I'm not certain if you can copy DLC to a memory card, I've never tried and would assume you're probably not able to.

It doesn't take ages, the method of downloading it from the marketplace takes ages.

Gamertag + Content on memory card = Success.

You could also just have your gamertag on the memory card and download the content on the other xbox and play it using your gamertag that's logged in.

Also, there may be issues. Your purchases are usually connected with your console, not the Hard Drive...

Guest Guest_suicide_*

so i log in on other profile then if i log out will the trophies still be in the other one when loggin back in on the other profile

yeah jitz, if ur just takin ur HDD over, its fine, i know that, but i really dont think this copy to mem card thing is as straght forward as it should be.

It doesn't take ages, the method of downloading it from the marketplace takes ages.

Gamertag + Content on memory card = Success.

You could also just have your gamertag on the memory card and download the content on the other xbox and play it using your gamertag that's logged in.

Also, there may be issues. Your purchases are usually connected with your console, not the Hard Drive...

i call bullshit there. when i got a new xbox i used my old xbox and all my content was fine HOWEVER when i got a new hdd i HAD to transfer licences to get alot of the DLC i had to work on my new hdd so it seems more like the purchases are connected with the HDD to me... no?

No. When I lived with my friends, I brought my HDD up and we swapped them in different consoles. It usually worked fine, but some times it didn't. It's to do with the console, so don't be calling bullshit.

im just going by a personal experience which seemed to cover enough angles to be fairly conclusive... perhaps it can be linked to both hdd and/or console? seem the most likely outcome of this mini debate...

aye same here, which is why i said it CAN be... suggesting it isnt always... aaaaaaah how smart was i for a change lmao... such a small victory there i doubt i should even consider gloating :(

microsoft should make this process a little easier so people who may not have the internet could play against other people's caw's as well as downloaded characters from the dlc department. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.

I think you will find the problem of some games working and some games dont is..

When u first get ur hdd u can only format it on ur Xbox using the serial number of that xbox..

this is digitally signed to ur dlc..

On that I would say that some dlc only checks the number on the hdd and dont cross that against ur console.. but other dlc does.. ;)

I think its all shit anyways..

Think if we could get the xbox dlc hacked we could butcher the fucking game... access to models music vid ext... that would open a world of posibiltys...

From what I understand if you are connected to LIVE under your gamertag, you can access your DLC on any 360, anywhere in the world. The license is stored to your gamertag and ownership given to your console, that's overridden if you're connected online to LIVE under the gamertag you purchased it with on another 360. If you are offline, then you won't be able to access the content.

Because offline you can have your gamertag on an infinite amount of consoles, only one of them can have the active LIVE gamertag though, so that's the piracy protection.