6 New Screens! (02/07/2008)

Smacktalks

Looks really good amazed how detailed they are be great seeing the final version in motion. Just noticed Booker is in it surprised how fast they got him in to the game shows how lazy THQ are. But it looks like the game will be really update when it comes out cant wait.

Edited by ALL STAR

Yeah, I was really suprised to see Booker in it.

I think they've released how annoyed fans get when big superstars are missed out from the roster of games when really there is plenty of time to add them. I have to say he looks way better than in any WWE game.

I read somewhere that it's not possible to exit the ring.

This will make the game suck, a little bit.I would also like to see the full motion version.If it looks like all the screens they've released, this game will beat SvR by far.Then again, SvR has been here longer, which makes it hard to make any big adjustements as they've already been done.We'll see.

Put this together and dear god smackdown looks like awful looks. Its like xbox to 360 graphics.

bookercomcopyvd5.jpg

Edit erm poppn havnt you seen the gameplay videos thats shoes Joe fyling out the ring and fighting at ringside.

Edited by ALL STAR

To be honest, I haven't..You got a link?

EDIT : To show you where I got that from, look at the bold part : (its from caws)

The Game

* The iMPACT video game will feature 25+ TNA performers that are all customizable within the game.

* AJ Styles and Samoa Joe served as consultants for the game and both are said to be huge fans of the AKI based No Mercy type gameplay.

Create Modes

* Character Creation mode will be a big feature in the game. Each profile will have 16 CAW slots.

* There will not be create a entrance. There will be the regular roster’s intros and 10 or so generic to choose from.

* Custom move sets, wrestling styles and ring attires

* You cannot modify in-game wrestlres. However, you should be able to copy them into CAW mode and edit them there.

* According to Midway CAWS should look just as real as the preloaded wrestlers.

Match Types

* The Six-Sided ring will be included in the game and will feature the TNA specialty matches Six sides of steel, The Ultimate X, King of The Mountain, tag team matches and Fatal Four Ways.

* Midway is teasing that the game will feature "Online Tournaments".

* Other online game modes include Tag Team bouts, Ultimate X, King Of The Mountain, Fatal Four-ways and more!

* You can defend titles in exhibition mode

* Tables are in. Ladders are questionable.

Gameplay

* The game will have around 2500 moves.

* The game will only feature four wrestlers on the screen at once, online and offline.

* Weight detection will be in. Midway promises game play like no other.

* Area specific damage is in and should play a major role in game play.

* The facial expressions WILL CHANGE based on what is happening to the wrestler.

* Run-Ins will enter the ring for thity seconds or so then exit or remain ringside they will only help for thirty seconds.

* The DPad on the Xbox (this will vary based on each system) controls run-ins. It will also allow you to have a “second wind” and further more perform “dirty moves.” However these will only be able to be done once a match each.

* Tag Team Moves are in, 3D is in.

* You should be able to do wrestler vs. wrestler. IE Kurt Angle vs. Kurt Angle.

Story Mode

* A story mode will be included into the game that is said to be similar to WWE video games. Story mode will allow players to create and choose a career path based on decisions that they take during the storyline. Gamers will be able to choose the look of their character as well as their managers who will specialize in different fighting styles. Choose a career path by making crucial decisions and teaming up with the right factions.

* Season mode will be based fully on the created wrestlers, there will be no season for the standard roster. It starts with the player waking up after plastic surgery in Mexico and then deciding to enter wrestling.

* Hire a manager to train you via mini-games that allow you to build abilities, unlock new moves and enhance your appearance.

* Unlockable content is a yes. Money will be used to unlock things.

Arenas

* There will be eight arenas, including Japan, America & England, each with different crowd atmospheres.

* Arenas are unlocked by playing story mode.

* You cannot fight on the stage or leave the ring area.

Other Info

* Wrestlers should have two attires in multi colors.

* Each different console version WILL have exclusives, yet to be announced.

* Downloadable content is in the planning stages. Something Midway would like to do but are not sure if it will make it.

* The game WILL NOT feature any type of referee.

* A demo will be available in the spring

Edited by LilPoppn

* You cannot fight on the stage or leave the ring area.

It's not the ring, it's the area.

As in you can only fight up to where the stage is, like in Smackdown where you can go to the stage but can't go backstage.

Just thinking we might get a demo soon spring starts in march. The game will be nearing the finishing line aswell heard first half of 08 as a relaese date so maybe april.

Put this together and dear god smackdown looks like awful looks. Its like xbox to 360 graphics.

bookercomcopyvd5.jpg

Edit erm poppn havnt you seen the gameplay videos thats shoes Joe fyling out the ring and fighting at ringside.

Wow, this is a damn embarrassment to WWE. Honestly, "King" Booker on the right looks like PS2 graphics. Dear God! I seriously can't wait for this game as it's gonna deliver majorly into graphics and gameplay. So far, I haven't been dissappionted on what Midway has to offer.

But think this can only be good for the smackdown games as they have to go one better than tna now they cant just release crap. Plus with wwe going HD wouldnt be surprised if the smackdown game got updated graphics.

One thing thats going to be interesting about the TNA game is the caw mode. They have already said its going to be have deap creation just hope they dont look to far apart graphics wise to the in game models.

Would be cool if you could use the camera on the 360 to takes pictures and use them on the caw.

That detail is scaring me. I can only imagine what it'll look like on an HDTV or, better yet, that 120 in. TV that was at CES. Who's making that TV? I think that Panasonic is.

lol, throw on a spec map and stupid depth of field and immediately its heralded as the best graphics ever!

Looks good, yeah, but they never look as good in game thanks to the cameras.

Edited by Chillalex

Thats debatable on the player models. Perhaps higher res, but again, all thats improved is spec shading on them. SDvR would look as good with proper spec mapping. Cant notice difference in arenas as theyre all blurred to fuck.

Yeah they are using pictures taken from the actuall wrestlers you can really notice this on steiner and stings face paint.

Regards to the arenas they are destructable and each one is unique layout unlike smackdown which uses the same one. The arenas just seem more alive than smackdown, smackdowns looks pretty lifeless.

Well smackdown is using the same engine since 06 version and its looking really dated now wreslter look like plastic like ric flair having a six pack.

Heres some screens of the arenas

tnascreens1xx1.jpg

tnascreens2zy4.jpg

tnascreens3we1.jpg

tnascreens4nn1.jpg

Heres a video you should check out looks amazing in motion.

Edited by ALL STAR