Editing

DRAVEN

Nice, thanks. Okay I will. I've been at Sound Forge all this time, cutting the music short so's it matches the first one's song length.

P.S.: thanks; been using this username on the 'net for years, lol. Kinda embarrassing that I didn't come up with it, though; my girl did.

YATTA!

I successfully made my first modified game. :D

I just did what I told I'd do; make sure that the music I edit would either match or be seconds shorter than the one it's replacing.

Now I just have to wait for the codebreaker hacks for the music to come out. And I have to find time to figure out how to edit videos. lol.

Edited by teddyboy09

YATTA!

I successfully made my first modified game. :D

I just did what I told I'd do; make sure that the music I edit would either match or be seconds shorter than the one it's replacing.

Now I just have to wait for the codebreaker hacks for the music to come out. And I have to find time to figure out how to edit videos. lol.

Congrats! Good to hear that it works! Did you replace some background music too? If so did they connect fine (had the problems that after playing one modified song in menu, no more songs are played)?

And for replacing videos - since the titantrons are still in AFS-format as last year, you could use my videoediting tutorial. There you can also download some vids from SvR06 and SvR07 that you can try to use ;)

Okay I'm a little confused here. If I follow all of the instructions on this post I'll be able to add, for example, Sting's original WCW theme music to the CAW I created on SvR 08 for PS2?

Edited by simified

Okay I'm a little confused here. If I follow all of the instructions on this post I'll be able to add, for example, Sting's original WCW theme music to the CAW I created on SvR 08 for PS2?

Yes that'spossible!

In short: You replace entrance themes in SvR08 with your favorite entrance themes! For example you can replace all the entrance themes for the divas and put entrance themes like Sting, Goldberg, LAX... in. All you need is the music!

So let's take Ashley for example.

I replace hear entrance theme with Stings. After I did that, I need to go to "Create-A-Entrance" mode ingame, select my Sting Caw and use Ashley's theme for Stings entrance. This will work, cause we replaced Ashleys music with Stings theme before. Of course you need to change Ashleys music too, or else you will hear Stings theme during her entrance :p Best to give her the theme of another diva, I think!

You can also replace the background music with your own, so you can hear your favorite music all the time while playing SvR08 - very cool!

Thanks for the response freezer250. I WILL read the instructions on how to do this and undoubtabley come back here for problems I will encounter in the process but is there anything special I need to purchase to switch the music around? I did see a few things that I will need to download but at a quick glance they all appear to be free downloads.

@ simified: yes they are all free. i didn't have to purchase anything to do this (well, dvd-r's, but that's about it). you can put any song you like, from "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, and/or by Motorhead (that's what I did, both) to, say, "On the Wings of Love" (that's what I didn't do). Although I cut the songs to match the music I'll be replacing. If you want to listen to the song a little bit longer, replace the 4-minute-long ones. :D

And a tip; if you'd like different themes for one wrestler you could change his face/heel theme with a different one. It was fun when I gave Triple H's old "My Time" theme for his heel theme. I thought I won't get to hear the heel one since he's a face by default, but in season mode he was a heel, so I heard it. It was fun. Also, I made Rey Mysterio's normal theme the rock version of Booyaka with the old intro (a la his version of the theme on TV), and his face theme the full rock version of Booyaka (with its own rock intro). It was fun that one of my CAWs who has his theme has a slightly different version of the song than what Rey-Rey has. Just don't change their entrances and their themes will stay intact.

@ freezer: Yes, I replaced background music too; I only got to replace a few themes - themes of wrestlers I don't like and therefore don't use - and I ran out of possible replacements quickly. So some of my background music consists of themes too. Trish's, Lita's, Triple H's King of Kings...and some songs, like Enter Sandman (Motorhead's; I gave Metallica's to Sandman's face theme), and a song by my favorite band here in the Philippines - put that in because it's also perfect for an entrance theme.

And yes I also encountered that problem, with the music not playing again for quite a while. I thought it was a cd problem; I was playing throuigh season when that happened, so i made the match quick and exited so i can save my game and turn the PS2 off. But after quite a while, the music started again.

My next modification will come after the codebreaker music hacks have been found; because I also want to replace the Tutorial sounds (there are a lot of them, so more themes, yay!), and the so many extra themes (I found out that Vince had a lot of duplicates because they had a different placeholder for Vince's theme and Vince & Shane's theme. But such is not the case with guys like Nitro/Nitro & Melina/Melina, because I think they only have one or two placeholders for all of them) but the thing I don't understand is why DX has 6-7 and Cena has 5. But as soon as those codebreaker hacks are found I will be leaving 1 theme for everyone, mwahaha.

I'll be testing the game again to check for other possible bugs.

I'm having a problem, I have been following the "EDITING ENTRANCE/MUSIC THEMES TUTORIAL

by freezer250", and I get stuck on page 3, Step 3: Exploring the musicfiles with AFSExplorer. It says, "Now you should either open "GAME.AFS" or "ENTRANCE.AFS". You can find these two files in

the folder created by Xpert ( "@(ISO image-Name)"-folder). They are in subfolder "MUSIC"." In my @THQ.ISO I have a BIN, MOVIE, PAC, SOUND, and TM2 folders and a PLISTPS2.ARC and SLUS_216.45 file but no MUSIC folder. Just for craps and giggles I looked into those folders mentioned and I have no GAME.AFS or "ENTRANCE.AFS files. What am I doing wrong? My files that I want to add are also 1 KB but I also noticed the ones I am replacing are way bigger. Does that matter at all? I did make sure that the songs I am adding are shorter in length than the existing ones as well.

I'm having a problem, I have been following the "EDITING ENTRANCE/MUSIC THEMES TUTORIAL

by freezer250", and I get stuck on page 3, Step 3: Exploring the musicfiles with AFSExplorer. It says, "Now you should either open "GAME.AFS" or "ENTRANCE.AFS". You can find these two files in

the folder created by Xpert ( "@(ISO image-Name)"-folder). They are in subfolder "MUSIC"." In my @THQ.ISO I have a BIN, MOVIE, PAC, SOUND, and TM2 folders and a PLISTPS2.ARC and SLUS_216.45 file but no MUSIC folder. Just for craps and giggles I looked into those folders mentioned and I have no GAME.AFS or "ENTRANCE.AFS files. What am I doing wrong? My files that I want to add are also 1 KB but I also noticed the ones I am replacing are way bigger. Does that matter at all? I did make sure that the songs I am adding are shorter in length than the existing ones as well.

Well the answer is simple - there's no GAME.AFS and ENTRANCE.AFS in SvR08! :p The tutorial I wrote is for SvR07. This year, the music is hidden in YAF-files instead of AFS-files - so AFS explorer will not work with this files. Instead you should use Nergals tool in this thread (look at first post by Draven for a guide) to extract the adx files.

Sound Editing For SVR2008

Note; Sample Rates for your WAV files must be in 24000HZ (credit; Terrster)

Yaf_Extractor_0.3.0 by Nergal

To replace the files inside the YAF archives do the following:

1.) Copy the MUSIC.YAF archive from the DVD to your harddisk

2.) Remove the "Write Protection" flag from the file (via rightclick->properties)

3.) Start the tool and load the YAF archive via the filemenu

4.) When the file has been analyzed click the "Load Replacements" button and select the files you want to exchange.

- The files must have the same filename as the original file.

- The files you selected will be displayed in the window.

- If the color is blue everything is ok, if the color is red the file is too large or it has the wrong audiotype.

5.) Click the "Replace Files" button and all "blue" files will be replaced inside the YAF archive

6.) Use Genies Xpert tool to rebuild the ISO as you've done in SVR2007

I haven't had time to create an ISO image to test the modifications, but the modified MUSIC.YAF files looked good. I also haven't tested if ADX v3 files work in SVR2008.

But at least you have something to test now

When you test your ISO's best use a DVD+RW with booktype changed to DVD-ROM. This way you don't have to sacrifice your discs to test the mod ^^.

Please leave some comments if you have success with the tool.

You can download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/72621307/Yaf_E..._0.3.0.rar.html

Cheers,

Credit Nergal

Edited by freezer250

Okay that was probably my HUGE screw up, so follow the directions you posted then. I got messed up when I refered to the '07 instructions for WAV conversions. I've managed to get everything set up I'm just trying to figure out how to burn it using DVD Decrypter. For whatever reason the DVD Decrypter will read a blank CD-R but not a DVD+RW so I can't burn my disk now. I had a question about the Write Protection. When I right click onto Properties, there is no Write Protection flag? I wanted to know why that is and if that could be why I am having problems burning the DVD?

Edited by simified

huh. i don't actually know about a dvd+rw but i have tested dvd decrypter on dvd+r and -r. worked fine. maybe if you tried that?

oh, and freezer; where can i get the old svr entrance videos? i mean, i could have gotten them from mine but my old games are just unreadable right now. too much use, i guess.

huh. i don't actually know about a dvd+rw but i have tested dvd decrypter on dvd+r and -r. worked fine. maybe if you tried that?

oh, and freezer; where can i get the old svr entrance videos? i mean, i could have gotten them from mine but my old games are just unreadable right now. too much use, i guess.

DVD RW didn't work for me too. I use dvd +R and dvd -R like teddy :)

I uploaded the vids of SvR07 and SvR06 here: Videoediting-Tutorial

ARGHHHH.....I FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE MORON!!! Reason why I have been having problems burning my disk, get ready for the noobiest of noob statements right here. My computer uses a Cyberdrive CW088D CD-R RW burner! I did a little searching and found a guy who sold me a Pioneer DVR-A07U DVD-RW Drive for $30. Yes it is older but hey, $30!!! I should have it by next week so I'll have to pick up things then. Thanx to freezer250 & teddyboy09 for all the help though. Incidently freezer, you wrote that you use hacks for your burner, where did you get them from?

Edited by simified

I spent some time to search the I-Net for looking for the most recommend DVD-Burner and I ended up with Pioneer DVR-111. I recommend Cdfreaks.com. Name is program - a lot of experts there. The Pioneer DVR (109/111/112/115) series seem to be great products.(No I don't work for Pioneer! :tired ) The best thing is you can update th firmware of the burner with a special one that is NOT supported by the developer: TDB

So what I did was to buy a Pioneer DVR 111, downloaded the appropiae Hack Firmware, that enables Labelflash ability, DVD-RAM write/read mode and DVD +R Bitsetting to DVD-ROM. I'm very happy with that result and never got a bad burn.

hi

does anyone knows the titantrons list for svr08 ? plz

It's not done yet and I don't have the time right now to do it myself. You can take a look at the sfd files yourself. Just use AFSExplorer to load the NVM00x.AFS file of the MOVIE folder. Then

"Action"-->"Export folder" to extract the sfd videofiles of the selected AFS. Now you can take a look on these sfd files with a good videoplayer like Media Player Classic (kicks ass in comparison to WMP10/11!) ;)

Here you can download it. No need to install,just small and that good:

MPC (german)

MPC (english)

Edited by freezer250

hi

can anyone upload rvd's entrance introduction so i can put it in the game

but when i go check the anouncing files the files are ahx not adx can anyone help

By the way i tried them with winamp ( its just 1 second ) and no voice can anyone help please

Edited by j.hardy

I'm in the same boat as j.hardy. I've recently started to mess around with SvR2008, and have had no problems switching in and out ADX files in the MUSIC.YAF file. However, I wanted to change some of the Ring Announcer names (changing the stock CAW ones to actual wrestler announcements from past games), and they're all AHX files. I've tried AFS Explorer (which I thought would decode/encode ADX/AHX files, but doesn't as far as I can tell), ADX Util (which converts AHX to WAV format without any errors, but the WAV is just white noise), and even just tried loading into Nero WaveEditor and Audacity (neither works, BTW).

Anyone have a clue? I've searched a bit on Google, and haven't been able to turn up anything but American History X websites. <_<

Edited by teamjh14

Found this one:

AHX2Wav

There you can download a tool that converts AHX --> Wav.I tried it on the Annoucement files of SvR08 and it seems to work. Read the readme for more informations ;)

Thanks a ton freezer250. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but thanks all the same. I'll let you know how it works for me.

EDIT: It works well converting AHX to WAV, but unfortunately it doesn't go the other way (wav to ahx) and YAF Converter won't accept ADX as a replacement for AHX. However, I read on the same webpage that freezer provided that to switch the conversion around like that would be easy. I read this to mean that such a program does not yet exist, and seeing as I know nil about audio conversion, there's not much I can do about it. Any ideas? I'll keep looking to see if I can Google up anything.

Edited by teamjh14

I spent some time to search the I-Net for looking for the most recommend DVD-Burner and I ended up with Pioneer DVR-111. I recommend Cdfreaks.com. Name is program - a lot of experts there. The Pioneer DVR (109/111/112/115) series seem to be great products.(No I don't work for Pioneer! :tired ) The best thing is you can update th firmware of the burner with a special one that is NOT supported by the developer: TDB

So what I did was to buy a Pioneer DVR 111, downloaded the appropiae Hack Firmware, that enables Labelflash ability, DVD-RAM write/read mode and DVD +R Bitsetting to DVD-ROM. I'm very happy with that result and never got a bad burn.

I got rid of the Pioneer DVR-A07U and bought a Pioneer DVR-111D off of eBay instead. If you wouldn't mind Freezer, do you have a link for the Labelflash download? I checked out cdfreaks and I can find info on it but not the actual download though. How would I change the DVD-RAM write/read mode and DVD +R Bitsetting to DVD-ROM like you mentioned? I'm trying to burn the disc using DVD Decrypter but it isn't working, as my PS2 won't read the disk. I then tried using IMGBurn, which is supposed to be the updated version of DVD Decrypter. I tried to change the book type but that is when the problem arises. I have 8 different tabs to choose from (Samsung, RICOH, Plextor, Nu Tech, NEC, LITE-ON, LG, and BenQ), when I try to select any DL media under ANY of the tabs the message in the Current Settings reads, "Unknown (FAILED!)". So needless to say I cannot change the book type to "DVD-Rom" from the New Setting drop down menu. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do to fix this so I can burn my game?

Edited by simified

teamjh: if what you want is importing ahx files from old games, you can just convert them to wav, listen to them, and if it's the ahx you want imported, then note the filename down (then delete the wav). check what you want on SvR 08 replaced, then replace that with the ahx from the old game you choose. (did i just make sense)?

wouldn't know what to do if you intend to import other files though. i have never tested the ahx to wav program but thanks for the heads-up that it won't convert wav to ahx; thanks freezer and teamjh!