Wrestler Mods

tokidoim

BigBossman - I used the "Copy bytes" command to check on the first 4 00000170 offsets past Tajiri and found that there ARE Additional Mods for wrestlers.  I copied 4 consecutive bytes ( 2 for Identity and the first 2 letters of the name ) into my first 4 CAWs's Attribute mods so I could read the values.  I got 0057, 0058, 0059 & 005A for the Identity value, and corresponding ASCII values for Av, Po, Sp, & Te.  ( Average, Powerful, Speedy & Technical, I assume ).

However, when I tried these new values, they wound up having the names of the CAWs whose numbers correspond ( Which might explain the "Doom" character...is that the name of a CAW you have?  It also would explain why their appearances don't show up on the Play Match/Match Rules screen.

I'm going to see if the fact that my CAWs with those same ID numbers are already entered into season mode are the reason I haven't been able to add them, so far.

nosig

Interesting -- a quick look at a memory dump of a Sharkport save file shows the following "wrestlers" after Ultimo Dragon:

Average

Powerful

Speedy

Technical

Roughneck

Move Set 1 WWR

Move Set 2 WAS

... all the way down to ...

Move Set 71 OUW

Their IDs pick up right after Ultimo Dragon's, ranging from 56 to A1. I'm not sure why you're getting 57 for "Average", while my save file shows 56.

So the individual movesets are stored in memory. Not sure how we can make this useful ...

Edited by chinhouse

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tokidoim

• BigBossman

• Dacrone

• chinhouse

Well, I was thinking of bumping the ID values of the CAWs that share the same ID number to values past 0075 ( CAW 32 ). There's a slim chance that doing that will free up those ID values and allow us to properly replace wrestlers with these new non-unlockables.

nosig

I have tried to locate those addresses for the new unlockables that were found, but have had no luck. Since the value is beyond the values for the regular supserstars, I tried finding the addresses by adding 00000170 to Ultimo Dragon's address. That's the difference between the superstars' addresses. If anyone can find these it would be a great help.

I did find something strange though when I tried this. On the season roster screen, in place of the WWE Heavyweight Champion, on Smackdown is a character named Doom. It has a CAW's green picture (when a CAW's gender is set to other). However, the only place you see this is on the roster screen. Whether you place him on RAW or Smackdown, that's the only place you will see him.

I think I've figured out where these new unlockables are located. It's a little tricky but with a hexadecimal calculator it really isn't a problem. If you look at the order of the superstars IDs and their location in memory, you realize that there's a one-to-one correspondence. For example, The Rock appears first, his ID is 0000. I think Stone Cold's next, and his ID is 0001 ... so on until you get Ultimo Dragon with his ID of 0055 hex. We also know that the difference between each superstar's starting address is 170 hex. So we can come up with the following formula. (My apologies for the use of math here ...)

SUPERSTAR'S START ADDRESS = SUPERSTAR'S ID x 170 + BASE_ADDRESS

For the BASE_ADDRESS, we'll use the Rock's starting address -- which is 004C0F54. We can test this out with some of the IDs and addresses that we know of:

Rock's start address = 0000 x 170 + 004C0F54 = 0 + 004C0F54 = 004C0F54

Test's start address = 0019 x 170 + 004C0F54 = 23F0 + 004C0F54 = 004C3344

Ultimo Dragon's = 0055 x 170 + 004C0F54 = 7A30 + 004C0F54 = 004C8984

The above all works so if I work this out correctly, the start addresses in hex for these new unlockables found by Duke are:

Bald White Guy = 004C90B4

Red Guy = 004C9224

Green Guy = 004C9394

Cop = 004C9674

Paramedic = 004C97E4

WWE Logo guy = 004C9954

I've already verified that the Cop's starting address is 004C9674. I've replaced the Rock with him and then maxed out his attributes. I made sure that I turned off the Entrances, and the Cop came out. The change to the attributes was quickly evident by how fast he ran around the ring. As I had figured out earlier, his specials matched those of Moves Set 04 -- versions of a powerbomb and a clothesline.

The interesting thing is that the Cop was named "Lucifer". This is the name of CAW 09. 09, by the way, is the difference between Ultimo Dragon's ID and the Cop's ID. So during the match itself, the names of the wrestlers is taken from someplace other than this. This explains why the wrestler who appeared was named "Doom". Is "Doom" the name of your CAW 07?

Finally, when I won the match as the cop, my screen blacked out. The game had not crashed as I was able to click the X button -- this restarted the match, the screen is blacking out when I'm given the option to have a Rematch or Exit.

I've only played around with the Cop's ability attributes ... so y'all can take a look at the other mods and see if they still work.

Edited by chinhouse

Which might explain the "Doom" character...is that the name of a CAW you have?

That's what I found so strange. I don't have a CAW named Doom. I did notice that when you see the unselectables that were just discovered, they have some of the current CAW's names. For example, I have 1 CAW named Union Jack, & his name is listed in the place of that unselectable wrestler, but doesn't have Union Jack's move set. The same applies for the rest of the unselectables. I think since they don't have a name they just use names of some of the CAWs. That's my theory anyway.

Also, I'm sure the offset would be useless, but do you suppose there is an offset that modifies which move set a character has? I'm just curious.

Maybe "Doom" was a programmer giving his "signature" like they oh so love to do. and can you unlock there movesets, like JR's, this would fix the entrance/exit problems as you could just give the cop Big Boss Man's moves.

Yeah, when you win matches as ( some of? ) them the game will act like it's a Tag Team match. I checked the cop's winning move mod and it was a normal value. The screen goes black, but you can still select rematch or quit.

BTW, no luck on bumping CAW ID values.

nosig

So then I take it if you add an offset of 00000163 to each of these addresses, you'll be able to enter them into the season & thus unlock thier move sets?

As far as finding the addresses go, I tried adding 00000170 to Ultimo Dragon's address & came up empty handed. I also tried re-entering the address that brought the Doom character onto the roster screen, but couldn't seem to find it. It would be interesting though if it was an actual character (similar to Noob Saibot on Mortal Kombat- It spelled 2 of the programmers names backwards, Tobias & Boon).

You could enter codes to change their movesets.

I don't think the values for their entrances have anything to do with the lockups you get there. I think the game is confused because they share ID values with CAWs.

You can't add them in season mode or effectively change their names. I'm not sure about attributes, but probably.

It looks like the game will load in their appearances and movesets and sizes, but afterwards will get the CAW info?

Strangeness.

nosig

Some of this overlaps with Tokidoim's findings.

• You can change the wrestler's attributes -- so you can change their regular and season strength, endurance, etc. attributes just like they were regular wrestlers.
  • The size characteristic can also be changed using the 112 offset. I haven't actually tried this with the Green Guy to see if this affect his height while creating a move set.
  • During the actual match, you may see the name of one of your CAWs. In the case of the Cop, he wrestled under the name of my CAW 09 -- "Lucifer". Interestingly enough, the Name modifications does have some effect. In the Create Moveset menu, there's the Auto Setting menu, which allows you to choose a pre-set move list: Average, Powerful, Speedy, Technical, Roughneck, Superstars, and Created Superstars. The Superstars section has a list of all the unlocked superstars, plus another 71 Moves Sets. Using the Name mods on the Cop changed the name of Moves Set 04. For example, I had the Name mods change the wrestler's name to "Five-Oh." This changed "Moves Set 04 WBR" to "Five-Oh"
  • The changes I made to the Cop's moves set does not affect the actual moves set under this menu. For example, "Moves Set 04" gives a wrestler a Special 1 of "Powerbomb 10". Before the move mod, the Cop's moves were "Moves Set 04". I decided to change Special 1 to the F-5 1. Playing as the Cop gave me an F-5 1 as a special. But when I gave "Moves Set 04" (now renamed to "Five-Oh") to a wrestler, the wrestler still had "Powerbomb 10" as a finisher. This means that these wrestlers by default have the moves set that I listed in this post (click on link). They can be changed using the move mods, while the actually moves sets themselves aren't changed.

The 3rd item means that we can change the name of Moves Sets to things that make more sense. There's a list somewhere that shows what wrestler these Moves Sets can be matched against. For instance, I'm fairly certain the Moves Set 06 WBG is Billy Gunn's moves -- so, instead of "Moves Set 06 WBG", the name mods can be used to change this to "Billy Gunn".

I have been wanting to get these into a season match. But when using the addresses listed it didn't work when I added 00000163 to the address. I also used the cop address to change the winning & entrance theme. When I won the match (on crappy stats) I only got the theme for Smackdown & not Scott Steiner like I had hoped for. I'm wondering if the sequence is set at a different number than 170. I noticed for CAW's the number is 460. I tried using that to search for the addresses between CAW 32 & The Rock.

I've noticed that my codebreaker requires the attribute codes to be in CB format & not in HEX. Maybe that's whats happening Maybe those particular addresses have to converted to CB format instead of HEX.

As far as the values go though, I know they work. I have tried many ways to get them into the game with out using the characters I had. I used an identity modifier for Jeff Hardy to be the cop, but it froze as if Jeff Hardy was coming out. The best I could do was use the Iron Shiek. I even changed the cop's name to "The Law" using the 32 bit method & for some reason the name came out as "e Law". I don't know what i could be doing wrong.

Oh yeah, Does anyone know it is possible to change the picture of the person you are selecting? I noticed that the unselectables of course have an S & when you put them into a Royal Rumble, they have a discolored version of Stone Cold as the picture (when you are editing who is in the rumble). I'm wondering if the picture can be changed to a CAW picture.

I have been wanting to get these into a season match. But when using the addresses listed it didn't work when I added 00000163 to the address. I also used the cop address to change the winning & entrance theme. When I won the match (on crappy stats) I only got the theme for Smackdown & not Scott Steiner like I had hoped for. I'm wondering if the sequence is set at a different number than 170. I noticed for CAW's the number is 460. I tried using that to search for the addresses between CAW 32 & The Rock.

I tested this enough times -- the difference is 170 hex (and not 460) between these new non-unlockables (The cop, paramedic, the wwe logo t-shirt guy, etc.) The formula that I posted earlier to find these "wrestler"'s addresses works, as I have been able to modify each wrestler's attributes, moves, and size. If what you say about the winning music is true, the wrestler mods that are located after offset 112 (112 is the size characteristic) appear to be useless for these new wrestlers. The stuff that doesn't appear to work: Name mods, season entry mods and winning music mod. I'm convinced that the game is also picking up the entrance movie/music/move values from someplace else.

Edited by chinhouse

I think I said before, it seems that once the game actually reads the ID mod, It begins to read the rest from the CAW who shares his I.D. value.

BigBossman, the first 2 letters of the name have to be a 16-bit code. You can only properly use a 32-bit code when changing 4 addys ending with 0, 4, 8, or C. Since all the Superstars' names start on addys ending with a 6, you're dropping the first 2 letters.

nosig

Offset : Characteristic

0000015F : Entrance Music

Unselectable Values : 000000??

Thanks BigBossman for the following

56: Kurt Angle (you suck)

57: Kurt Angle (regular) not sure which one is unselectable

The you suck chant is the selectable one. The Kurt's regular music is played as the winning music.

Makes sense. Chanting you suck after winning a match just doesn't seem right.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but does anyone have the codes or can anyone locate the codes that enable a control modifier for players 1-6? This could allow you to play multiplayer seasons or allow one player to control 2 or more wrestlers at one time. Thanks for any help you may have.

0000015A : Gender

You can use this to change a female into a male so you can play season mode with her.

Values : 0000000?

0 : Male

1 : Female

2 : Other

a few questions

Will this make women bleed if I change the gender to male?

Is the change saved?

Can someone convert this to CB2 NTSC for all the women except the non-unlockables?

0000015A : Gender

You can use this to change a female into a male so you can play season mode with her.

Values : 0000000?

0 : Male

1 : Female

2 : Other

a few questions

Will this make women bleed if I change the gender to male?

No.

Is the change saved?

All the codes in this Wrestler Mods threads are savable.

Can someone convert this to CB2 NTSC for all the women except the non-unlockables?

Someone probably can .... My fiancee's calling for me now, so I may do this later.

Would it be possible to change the "weapon finisher" moves, or the normal wepaon grappling moves for that matter, to something like pedigree or TOF or something? and the attack would land on the chair?

Last time I tried something like that was in SYM and it locked up whenever you tried to put a weapon move as a non-weapon move or vice versa. Haven't tried it in HCTP, but I'd assume it would have the same result.

I'm just a killjoy, ain't I...

nosig