UFC Discussion and Bets.

Heart Breaker

Ortiz-Michida was shit, yes Machida has great skills but he's boring as fuck. Thats 4 of out 5 of his ufc fights that've been a decision. Wanderlei's win had me laughing my ass of though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heart Breaker

• The Don

• CS

• Nemo

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see Wanderlei back as the vicous attacker he was in pride. I've heard mention that he is going to drop down to 185, I think him and Chris Leben would have a pretty intense fight

Whoa! Great to see you EAV. It's been too long.

Yeah, I was pumped beyond belief when Wanderlei scored that first round knock out over Keith Jardine. This will give him the confidence he's so desperately needed. Can't wait to watch his next fight! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forrest earned it, those leg kicks fucked up Rampage's knee something serious. He really came out ready to do it. Great fight, and I can't wait to see Forrest defend it in the future and I can never wait to see more Rampage. Let me have it Ladyhawk.

• 1 month later...

Hm, I coulda swore there were some bets for tonight. oh well fuck it.

Lesnar vs. Herring - Name Bet

Huerta vs. Florian - Sig Bet

Kongo vs. Evensen -Av/Quote thingie Bet

Anyone up for it?

Huerta vs. Florian - Sig Bet

Huerta will get destroyed, Florians way better than he is, who has Huerta even beat. Clay Guida is the only person he's fought out of 6 people to still be in the ufc.

Have to agree with CS.

Lesnar vs. Herring

You're on. Sounds like an easy win to me. Brock is incredible, but he's facing way too hard of competition for a beginner. Heath will prove more experience outweighs the raw talent of Lesnar. Can't wait to see this fight though.

Alright CS, let me have it. Huerta needed to get pissed off earlier in the fight, he just just getting worked over.

As far as Brock/Herring goes you had to know he was going to win. There's no way he could lose two in a row off the bat and still be taken seriously in UFC. He showed some great wrestling in his fight, it's just a damn shame he couldn't finish the fight and it had to goto the judges. Just change your name to Ladyhawk since I'm an unoriginal bastard.

A side note of the Brock fight: He pissed me off at the end with his taunting/mocking of Herring. My friend was watching the fights with me (her first UFC experience) and she didn't understand why I was upset with him after the fight then when she saw how GSP and Fitch were after their fight she understood. I really hope Brock dosen't get a big head like Tito. I realized he was fired up since he won at the Target Center, but still...

At the end with Brock I think he thought the 10 seconds left reminder was the end of the fight, I thought for a second Herring was going to knock him out.

A side note of the Brock fight: He pissed me off at the end with his taunting/mocking of Herring. My friend was watching the fights with me (her first UFC experience) and she didn't understand why I was upset with him after the fight then when she saw how GSP and Fitch were after their fight she understood. I really hope Brock dosen't get a big head like Tito. I realized he was fired up since he won at the Target Center, but still...

To me what Brock did wasn't as bad as people are trying to make it out to be.

Look that the things that would've helped his excitement:

-First UFC Win (after a disappointing loss to Mir)

-In his hometown/state

-Impressive win over a HW fighter with almost 30 wins

-Silenced some critics

-Nailed a pretty devastating punch

I'm not trying to make excuses for Brock, especially when you compare this antics after the fight to GSP/Fitch kneeling and congratulating each other in the middle of the ring for about 10 seconds and making the cutman wait to tend to their wounds until they were done talking but if I remember correctly GSP used to break dance and do backflips after he won.

Personally, I found Brock's bullriding/bullwhip antics not as bad as say Gonzaga screaming into the camera after knocking out Cro Cop or better yet BJ Penn licking his opponents blood which is damn near barbaric, but that's just me.

Edited by CS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ufc94-poster.jpg

What a great way to start off the new year. Unbelievable card with a fantastic main event. Welterweight Champion vs. Lightweight Champion. I can't wait for this one.