Tools to help write up CAWs

JohnDoh

When the last SvR game came out, I tried to build some jaavscript applets to make it easier to input the details of your CAWs, but I never got the help I needed or the time - plus, the usefulness of my design was kinda questionable.

So can I get some feedback - ideas, etc, from you guys on what would make life easier for you? Drop-down menus, or just form boxes? Would it even be worth it to make something?

Even if it just alleviates some of the typing - if there's a particular part that's repetitive, and you find yourself repeating ... yourself ... then I can make something to make it easier.

Cheers guys.

I think it would be a great benefit to a lot of people. I'm intriged as to how you would work it and if there's any thing I can help you with in regards to it I'll try my best to help.

For the last game I was looking in to making a flash application similar to the 'Create your own south park character' one on www.spstudios.com, that allows you to pick your wrestlers attire and then generates a .txt file with the formula to create it. However once I started looking in to it, it became apparent that it would take far too long to develop and you would be able to change sizes, etc.

yeah, i looked at this too (briefly) in javascript form last year but couldnt motivate myself to start.

with java/java script i pretty much need to be told exactly what is needed before i start lol, so yeah ppl, please feedback suggestions etc and im sure between the 3 of us here we'll make something this year

sal is currently working on an svr caw formula generator. the problem is, sal doesnt have svr2k7, therefore he cant input the proper vars, or well, correct ones.

if you have svr2k7 and would like to help, my msn addy is carnage@so13.com. i can also be reached by my aim sn carnagev13.

credit will go to all who contribute.

also, im doing this because i have nothing better to do.

dont all line up at once. jerks.

i got a working form already with over 26,000 chars (my fingers are fucking killing me).

i still need people to help with the vars. itd be nice to have some testers and maybe someone to help with the site design (mainly the formula layout) as well.

sal will keep you assholes updated.