WWE '13 Preview: Create-A-Superstar!
Embedded above you can find a video preview of Create-a-Superstar in WWE '13, or continue reading for the written transcript.

Straight of the bat let's get the bad news out of the way, as WWE '13 see's the return of the crotch blur. I didn't get around to trying the bypass as I expect THQ to have removed the trick like they did with last year's WWE '12 patch.

So that's the bad news out of the way, and it's time for some good news as I can confirm that the preset skin colours have now been removed and we're once again free to select any skin colour we like using the color grid.

In more good news for creators, alongside the return of the custom skin colours is the return of transparency, which means creators can now much more effectively blend in designs when adding detail to CAWs in WWE '13.

Aside from these returning features we also have the addition of the History option that revealed in the hands on preview I did last month which remembers the last X custom colours used and stores them underneath the colour grid so you can easily select them which will save a lot of time.

As for other new additions there's a few new items but there's really not too much that I noticed. Hardy fans will however be glad to know there's a new Hardy style vest available this year that looks to be much better quality and isn't baggy like the other options, with the other "Hardy parts" from last year such as his face-paint, multicoloured top and both hairstyles all returning, along with his entrance and moveset.

Going back to hairstyles and there's also 2 new Zack Ryder hairstyles added which see a regular spiked hairstyle that looks much better than the old ones and a second version that comes included with a headband, so if Zack not having "Broski" on his headband in the game bothers you, you can use this option to correct it.

Other new items in the mode see a wolverine style 3D beard, HBK's heartbreak kid tights and wristbands, a KOTR winners style robe and a new crown.

Creators will also be glad to hear that the makeup glitch from last year that seen the makeup colour reset when editing a layer is now fixed and no longer resets back to the default.

One other new feature that I don't know too much about is a new hit point ratio that can be set for CAWs and also Superstars in Universe mode which provides sliders that affect the head, body, arms and legs. Now I don't have any official details on this but from the looks of it, it appears to affect the toughness of those areas, so as an example if your creating Kurt Angle and you want to give him a weak neck, moving the slider down for the head should weaken the area for players to target when applying breaking point holds, etc. Alternatively, you can move the slider in the opposite direction to make the area much stronger and harder to wear down.

Finally, as with last year, there's 50 CAW slots available, each with 4 attires.
SOURCE: Smacktalks.org
Comments
Gruiel8 October 9, 2012 7:30 PM
Could you tells us about the CAW Names?
Smacktalks October 9, 2012 11:07 PM
I didn't make a note of them as there was so many, but I know "Hardy" wasn't in.

I'll see if I can find out for you.
Gruiel8 October 10, 2012 1:36 AM

I'll see if I can find out for you.
[/quote]
Thanks.
Rico.45 October 10, 2012 6:43 AM
Smacktalks, do CAWs have 64 layers on PS3?
Damussman October 10, 2012 6:55 AM
^ They should as THQ stated that earlier during the first details about the game so that hasn't changed as far as any of us know

In fact here is the video for it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81vfPSkk3M[/media]
Smacktalks October 10, 2012 10:44 AM
@Rico.45 - Yeah, 360 and PS3 both have 64 layers this year so it'll be much easier to use formulas on either console without having to remove layers for the PS3.
Smacktalks October 10, 2012 10:45 AM
Gruiel8 - I've checked with others from the event but nobody I know of has a list of the call names. If I get sent them I'll post them.
Dominus Prime October 10, 2012 1:01 PM
Paul did you happen to see any new Ankle Locks? Or new diving moves?
Gruiel8 October 10, 2012 5:53 PM

[/quote]

Thanks for looking. I'd guess It'll probably the same ones as in WWE 12 with some new ones. The only ones I'd real like to have are theses:

Riley
Tribulation
Revelation
Dangerous
Dancing
Mission
eholmes87 October 10, 2012 5:56 PM
Do you still have to use the preset championship entrance for your CAW or are you able to use the entrance you create.
diehards October 10, 2012 8:27 PM
Sounds good, just waiting for 50 Jeff Hardys on the first week.
Smacktalks October 10, 2012 10:28 PM
Not sure on the Ankle locks, as I someone else was covering the new moves so I said I'd wait till he posts his list instead of going through the same stuff.

As for CAWs with title entrances I think it was just the same as last year where you have to set a preset title entrance.
Dominus Prime October 11, 2012 2:41 AM
Sounds good, just waiting for 50 Jeff Hardys on the first week.[/quote]

Haha moe than 50 probably, mine is coming probably 2-3 weeks after release.
jeffsdomain October 11, 2012 4:53 AM
Hey man did u check out advance create an entrance? Are we still limited to only2 pyros? Asking for Kane reasons obviously lol