Mod Crash Question

VulgarNinjaa

Hi guys!

Was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having, hoping not to sound like such a noob. 

I installed Corey Graves into this years game using WrestlePLUS (directly from the "Download Mods" button)

and created my own Pofo and Moveset file for him using Data Editor

All seemed to be well, I used hex editor to change the pac file to 42602 as it was originally 42612 which rid of the infinite loading screen

Corey makes his way to the ring without any issue. All information entered into the POFO is working (ring announcer, weight, name plate etc.)

all up until the match begins. It loads then I can maybe throw a punch or two but as soon as the AI attacks me the game freezes and crashes.

If anyone had any insight into why I may be experiencing this problem and could maybe point me in the right direction it would mean the world

cheers guys

Edited by VulgarNinjaa

I believe so

Just to clarify in case I am doing it incorrectly.

-WrestlePLUS placed the pac file into ch/pac folder

- edited in hex editor to read '02 and rid of the backup

-opened WrestlePLUS while in game and selected "edit pach files" and chose the pac file

inserted the created pofo and moveset using WrestlePLUS

and then navigated to Options Menu and selected "Rebuild Def"

then went in game and did the Adam Cole Boo/Cheer thing

(This process was done initially before realising it was 42612 and I was stuck with an infinite loading screen

I then repeated the steps over again after changing in HxD)

The pofo and moveset files I created were basically just templates with the right naming addresses' etc. just a few minor tweaks to test. 

But all custom information I entered are showing correctly so I don't think it's an issue with those?

The crash seems to happen only when a move is performed on Corey - but I can attack and move freely in game before that point. Entrance works fine the model appears fine in game as well. once the AI connects with a punch though game just freezes and closes.

Thank you so much for replying! and thanks for Data Editor it's awesome!

Any changes to .def and .pac files have to be done while the game isn't running. They are only loaded when the game starts. So that might be your problem.

.pofo, .moveset, etc. need to be injected into memory while the game is running, though.

Ah man, I tried to rebuild the .def and use the "Edit Pach Files" option in WrestlePLUS whilst the game was closed but to no avail :(

I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond to this, as one of the pillars of the modding community I'm sure you have 100 other things to attend to. I'll keep scouring the wiki and other posts for hints as to where I'm going wrong