Modding question (replacing pacs)

Donny Trump ™

Okay, so I've been trying to install wrestler mods via the replacing method as I don't want a bunch of blank superstar slots on my selection screen but I'm running into a bit of an issue. currently what I'm doing is renaming and replacing the pac files located in "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\pac\ch" and then rebuilding my def with WrestlePLUS. Then I load up the game and install the pofo and moveset files via WrestlePLUS, do the ol' Adam Cole boo/cheer save thing, and then the modded wrestler's name appears in game in the replaced superstar's slot which is sweet, but then when I try to play a match with them I get an infinite loading screen. It's so frustrating, I've been trying to fix it for a couple days now, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. If anybody could shed some light on how to properly install/replace wrestlers that'd be great!

Edited by Donny Trump ™

If you're just renaming the files, it won't do any good. You'll have to change the XXXYZ inside the file's EMD section to match the new chXXXYZ.pac as well. Installing the renamed files via CCT (once it's released) should do the trick, and you can likely also use WrestlePLUS to do so. Or you can do it manually, if it's an EPK8 file with a hex editor, otherwise you'll have to convert it to an EPK8 file with various .pac tools first.

There is the possibility if the mods happen to use slots DLC will use. But usually there haven't been any issues in previous games, since the community takes care which slots those will be and doesn't use them as recommended slots for mods.
Note that you'll have to empty the Chunk0.arc and regenerate the Chunk0.def after every patch for mods to keep working, however.

All the memory injection tools need to be updated after every patch, though, since the memory offsets change every update, older versions of such tools won't work after a patch.