Cheat Engine tutorial: Play female vs male without changing genders.

Do The Dougie

Right now this is what I'm going to call the "messy method" for using Cheat Engine to put males and females into the same match without changing their genders.  The "clean method," if I get the time to do more in depth scanning of the game, will involve having what we call "pointers" for every possible player slot and easily editing them without needing all the steps below.  Until then, it's still possible to stick women into matches with men using the below method if you follow the directions carefully.  It's possible another existing tool already does this much easier but I personally only use Cheat Engine, so here's my way of doing this...

I am assuming you know how to open CE (Cheat Engine) and connect it to your game, and I'm also assuming you know how to manually add an address and alter its values.

This particular example will show how to play as a woman versus a man.  

1.  Add this address to CE:  0014E140

2.  At the character select screen, pay attention to the value of that address as you move up and down through different characters.  Each time you move, you'll notice its value change.  This is the ID number of each character.  What you want to do is start a new scan for the ID number you're hovering on, so just go up to the buttons at the top of CE and first type in that ID number into the "value" field and click New Scan above that.  Note:  It doesn't matter who you're hovering on for this step since it's just a step to find which other addresses in the game are connected to ID numbers.

3.  It may take a few seconds, but you'll see a list of addresses appear to the left of those buttons.  Now you want to go back to the game and simply move up or down one time so you're on a different character.  The ID in that earlier mentioned value will change again, and you're going to type that new ID into the search field (overwriting the previous one you typed into it) and this time click NEXT Scan (not New Scan).  Once you've clicked Next Scan, only about 5 values should be in the box to the left in the results.

4.  Double click the second address in the list of 5 results to send that address down into your address list below.  

5.  Go to the woman you will want to play as and MAKE NOTE of her ID number but do not select her yet.  You will need to remember her ID number later.

6.  Choose any MALE wrestler as your character and select them.  It doesn't matter who because they will become your preferred female in a few more steps.

7.  Choose any male opponent and select them but DO NOT start the match yet.

8.  Go to that address you double clicked and added to your list at step 4 and change its value to the one you made note of for your female wrestler.

9.  Start the match and during the loading screen you will see that you're playing as the female against a male!

Notes:  As far as I know, this should work for all superstars and CAWs.  In theory, this should also work in Universe mode if you're setting up the matches by hand but I haven't tested it.  That value you found in step 4 will be garbage after you play the match and you'll need to once again use the address from step 1 as your reference point for seeking out the new step 4 value each time you do this.  If you'd rather play as a male against a female, the easiest method is to just pause the game and swap which character you're controlling once the match starts... or you can do the above steps for the opponent slot and put a female there instead of your own slot.  If for some reason you chose a match that has DQ turned on, you'll need to turn DQ off using the value found several replies down in my other thread in the tutorial section, otherwise I think the game will probably DQ the male for hitting the female.

Edited by Do The Dougie
  • Like 4
  • Woo 1

In universe mode gender change is problematic in my quick tests. I changed gender for intergender rivalries. I have tried to change back the gender in universe pofo (which i am not sure about) and standard pofo, but hard to revert back the gender. creating intergender rivalries otherwise are quickly deleted by the system, and this time it's a lot worst than 2k18. BAsically they put a lot of efforts to block the ways intergender matches can be played ;).

Also in mixed promo, promo attitude is totally ignored by diva

Just now, sidkaramat said:

In universe mode gender change is problematic in my quick tests. I changed gender for intergender rivalries. I have tried to change back the gender in universe pofo (which i am not sure about) and standard pofo, but hard to revert back the gender. creating intergender rivalries otherwise are quickly deleted by the system, and this time it's a lot worst than 2k18. BAsically they put a lot of efforts to block the ways intergender matches can be played ;).

Also in mixed promo, promo attitude is totally ignored by diva

Yeah I haven't done any of that myself since I hardly even play the game.  I have more fun seeing what modifications I can figure out with Cheat Engine, so I haven't even tried Universe mode or any of that myself.  My guess is there won't be a good solution for setting up intergender rivalries but I think you can manually make intergender matches using my method above since their genders will not be changed, and Universe mode should remember the matches when you save and play through the show.

• 3 weeks later...

While not quite doing it without gender bending, one way to play as M vs F is to simply change the gender of one player, setup the match and select both players, then return gender to original before starting the match. Requires a no DQ match.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Btw can you or someone show us a tutorial for a 2019 how to install 2k19 mods for cheat engine. Because now with wrestlePlus gone we are here with no way to install the mods. Please help...

thanks 

• Yes! 1

All asking for tutorials, someone will likely do one. I might make a video of the process later on but it's really not that hard. The whole thing about Cheat Engine is it's easy to learn to mod with once you learn to use it. It has a built in tutorial, fake game that teaches you the basics, theory behind, etc. In 15 minutes you can understand what you're doing opposed to following steps.

As to following steps:

Step 1 is to add an address to the list which indicates selected player's ID.

Step 2 and 3 use searches to narrow down results to find the address needed in step 4.

Step 8 is to modify the value of the address found in step 4, the value which contains one of the wrestler's IDs, to the desired value (desired participant)

He can't just tell you the address off the bat because it's not the same every time. It works because you know the address you're looking for has the same value as you read from 0014E140. You search all addresses for the value found there, narrow it down to a long list, change it's value by highlighting a different character, then search within the previous results for the new value, apparently this will leave 5 results, and the second in the list is the address which contains the value that is the ID of one the wrestler's in the match. Changing this value changes who shows up in the match.

Seriously, anyone interested at all in cheat engine should try the built in tutorial. It's very helpful in learning to use the tool, as well as to grasp the concept of what it can and can't do in a short time. Some things are easy, some are hard. Most mods can be done with cheat engine, however with significantly more work than with some of the nice tools I've found on this site. It is nice to see how it works though and what you can tinker with in different games, etc.

I would suggest backing up save directories before doing anything major with it as a precaution in case something happens to your game save (goes without saying for mods in general.)

On 10/16/2018 at 12:15 PM, Do The Dougie said:

3.  It may take a few seconds, but you'll see a list of addresses appear to the left of those buttons.  Now you want to go back to the game and simply move up or down one time so you're on a different character.  The ID in that earlier mentioned value will change again, and you're going to type that new ID into the search field (overwriting the previous one you typed into it) and this time click NEXT Scan (not New Scan).  Once you've clicked Next Scan, only about 5 values should be in the box to the left in the results.

When I get to step 3, no values appear you say there will be 5, so i add the new ID into search and press next scan, your sure on this?

Ok, I did this. I think one reason people are having trouble, is, at least to me, I found no significance to the address 0014E140, mentioned in step 1. Perhaps something worked differently prior to ver 1.03. You can still do the exact same thing as in step 2 and 3, however not having an address to tell you the player id to search for, you need to use known values. Select a player, search for their value from the memory sheet, switch, repeat.

I made a video of the thing. The video sucks, it's longer than it needs to be, it has no sound, and so forth. It shows you how to do this, and you can actually find quite a few things in quite a few games by doing the same thing (search for known value, change, search new value). Anyways, as you'll soon see if you watch this, I'm no pro youtuber but some people seemed to be having a hard time so, Merry Christmas.

2 hours ago, me man said:

Ok, I did this. I think one reason people are having trouble, is, at least to me, I found no significance to the address 0014E140, mentioned in step 1. Perhaps something worked differently prior to ver 1.03. 

Addresses change with every game update as the (game .exe's) memory footprint changes. That's also the reason tools that access memory have to be updated for every game update in order to work with the latest version of the game.

3 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Addresses change with every game update as the (game .exe's) memory footprint changes. That's also the reason tools that access memory have to be updated for every game update in order to work with the latest version of the game.

So basically the memory table for 1.03 is outdated then? Which would explain why my gender change is not working.

Strange Becky Lynch's gender I did manage to change so that would mean her unlock code or unlock pofo hex value did remain the same, but for other females it has changed. Would that explain my issues or perhaps I am still doing something wrong.

3 hours ago, Chris2000 said:

So basically the memory table for 1.03 is outdated then? Which would explain why my gender change is not working.

The game is still at 1.03. There was no patch for the DLC release, it was just unlocked at that date. So it's the appropriate table. I'm not sure if all the values except the start addresses are completely correct, though, I believe it's something the guys added even before I had reverse-engineered the .pofo, so it might not be accurate.

If you aren't sure which values to change, you can always save and load the entire .pofo into Data Editor, change the gender or whatever other values you may want to change, save then load the changed .pofo into the memory region for the desired slot.

I mentioned that the address 0014E140 doesn't read the selected wrestler's ID, I also checked for, but could not find any static address that would do the same. Then I put 2 and 2 together and noticed that Dougie had posted this before ver 1.03 so I assume there's some change in how things work, besides just different addresses if there is no longer a static address.

Data editor works fine still, and is a great tool for doing more extensive modifications, however to play M vs F match, it's faster to just switch it on the fly.

The video I made was to demonstrate Dougie's method (substituting known values in place of being able to read from 0014E140) which works well.

It's also possible, to simply add someone's gender bit (right-most column of memory sheet) to your list, select them as P1, change their gender, select P2, change back P1's gender before starting the match.

• 2 years later...