Common Modding Resources

pozzum

• pozzum featured and pinned this topic

Hey Pozzum, I'm asking very early I know but; usually for the audio files, how long does it take to get the audio tools out? I'm glad there's the option to turn off the commentary without killing the referee. Makes my job easier for this year as I'm still going at Fink's mod, which, this year will be completed.

3 hours ago, esbatmusic said:

Hey Pozzum, I'm asking very early I know but; usually for the audio files, how long does it take to get the audio tools out? I'm glad there's the option to turn off the commentary without killing the referee. Makes my job easier for this year as I'm still going at Fink's mod, which, this year will be completed.

SE 2018 does still work with 2K19!

• Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

16 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

No way! That's amazing then! We'd just need the Data editor and a few more things?!  Incredible.

Yep, and most ids are still the same as last year, which is good. As in the past we often had to start from scratch, because the ids have all changed.

Edited by TheVisitorX

6 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yep, and most ids are still the same as last year, which is good. As in the past we often had to start from scratch, because the ids have all changed.

I just saw that I cannot rename them, as it doesn't save sadly. Otherwise I would have gladly renamed them all, let me know if that's something that can be fixed and I'll gladly do so.

6 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

I just saw that I cannot rename them, as it doesn't save sadly. Otherwise I would have gladly renamed them all, let me know if that's something that can be fixed and I'll gladly do so.

Could you explain it a little bit more? What exactly did you want to do? What did you want to rename? Best send me a PM, so we don't have to spam this topic. Maybe I can fix it with the first SE 2019 release.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hey Visitor, the only thing I did notice is that the volume needed a bit of a boost somehow. I've tried turning it all the way up but it's still fairly lower than other in-game themes. Figured I'd point that out to ya for the new version of SE. I can also get an XML file to you again if you need it.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:15 AM, SimplyRipZz said:

Hey Visitor, the only thing I did notice is that the volume needed a bit of a boost somehow. I've tried turning it all the way up but it's still fairly lower than other in-game themes. Figured I'd point that out to ya for the new version of SE. I can also get an XML file to you again if you need it.

Yeah, I can't do much here. The audio settings aren't located in the audio file itself and they are adjusted to the standard files. The audio file is already really loud, as you can see, when you play the file in SE. Higher volume often means more clipping, which isn't the best thing. Maybe a Wwise update with another template could help. But I wasn't successful with the template settings in the past. They often had no effect.

Edited by TheVisitorX

19 minutes ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

@TheVisitorX how is CCT coming along :)

I'm still messing around with the new compression :/. The CH pac installer in CCT does not work with 2K19 and I'm not sure why, because some people have mentioned that EPK8 files are still working. But it seems to freeze my game before the match starts.

It's highly possible that the first release will be a stripped down version of last years tool.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

@TheVisitorX

Hey, so I understand that SE 2018 technically works for 2K19, but when I load it up and choose a file in the 2K19 directory (music_misc_1_m.pck), it still loads the 2K18 one! I tried it a dozen times to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I even opened music_misc_2_m.pck and it still shows the 2K18 one. Not sure how to get around this.

11 minutes ago, The Anti Source said:

@TheVisitorX

Hey, so I understand that SE 2018 technically works for 2K19, but when I load it up and choose a file in the 2K19 directory (music_misc_1_m.pck), it still loads the 2K18 one! I tried it a dozen times to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I even opened music_misc_2_m.pck and it still shows the 2K18 one. Not sure how to get around this.

No, it does not load the file in the 2K18 directory. Check your directory before opening the file, SE sometimes resets it to your latest stored directory, which is - in most cases - the sound directory from 2K18!

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

No, it does not load the file in the 2K18 directory. Check your directory before opening the file, SE sometimes resets it to your latest stored directory, which is - in most cases - the sound directory from 2K18!

I've thoroughly made sure I am selecting the file in the 2K19 directory.

69njtt.jpg

As soon as I press open, the 2K18 file pops up instead.

2lbgimu.jpg

I went and previewed the song I was trying to replace (Underground1) and it played CM Punk's theme music, which is what it was in 2K18. Here's the weird thing though, when I previewed another song, it was the default/original stock music instead of the modded one. Is it possible SE 2018 is confusing the two files together?

All "replaced data" is stored in a XML file (same as all other data), so whenever you use Sound Editor and it does find a matching id, it will display the text from the XML file in the "ReplacedSound" column.  Make a new directory for SE 2018 / 2K19 and clean the ReplacedData / CustomData XML files or wait for SE 2019. The "problem" is that the music ids are the same this year.

13 minutes ago, NXNGaming said:

thanks for the awesome job visitor, where would i find the custom xml data to clean or replace them?

They should be located in the SE main directory, together with the exe file.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:34 AM, pozzum said:

These are currently in progress.  These will be updated 

Memory Sheet

String Sheet

Super String File

Default Pofos & Movesets Temp

I quickly updated your memory sheet with all the 3 universes pofos and movesets adresses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqBJ3oGM_Ldk12fQPWtVivnNh-nNfQUduG9mqQX8Mno/edit?usp=sharing

hope you don't mind.

3 minutes ago, pozzum said:

Universe mode has seperate pofo and moveset information?

Yes. All three universe saves have their own .pofo, .moveset, .team_info (same as last year).

7 hours ago, tich said:

I quickly updated your memory sheet with all the 3 universes pofos and movesets adresses

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqBJ3oGM_Ldk12fQPWtVivnNh-nNfQUduG9mqQX8Mno/edit?usp=sharing

hope you don't mind.

Are they at the same position in memory for everyone this year? In the past couple of years Universe save data was dynamically allocated, which meant the addresses differed from installation to installation/save to save or even game session to game session. We'll have to be careful that these addresses are indeed valid for everyone. Hopefully they are, which would be great.

9 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Are they at the same position in memory for everyone this year? In the past couple of years Universe save data was dynamically allocated, which meant the addresses differed from installation to installation/save to save or even game session to game session. We'll have to be careful that these addresses are indeed valid for everyone. Hopefully they are, which would be great.

I know it's not generated for each session, as I always have those adresses, but not sure if everyone have the same, if someone can check we will know.

@pozzum yep, each universe have their own moveset, pofos adresses that's why several people reported that mod only appears in exhibition and not in universe,

Edited by tich