2k16, 17 move help (grab from behind a super heavy weight)

sidkaramat

Hi everyone. I see if you try to grab a super heavy weight from behind in 2k16 usually and 2k17 sometimes they try to get free off you hold and hit you with hip. I don't see this move in 2k18, and now they just turn strongly to throw you away. Was it a hidden move. Is it removed now or can be brought back by replacing the code moveset. If not removed then does anyone know what's the code and where in moveset i have to put it. Thanks for any information. 

1 hour ago, sidkaramat said:

Hi everyone. I see if you try to grab a super heavy weight from behind in 2k16 usually and 2k17 sometimes they try to get free off you hold and hit you with hip. I don't see this move in 2k18, and now they just turn strongly to throw you away. Was it a hidden move. Is it removed now or can be brought back by replacing the code moveset. If not removed then does anyone know what's the code and where in moveset i have to put it. Thanks for any information. 

Hi, 

There are basically two categories of move animations in the game. The first group is the set of moves you can assign to wrestlers in the Create A Moveset menu. The second group consists of moves which are part of the in-game mechanics. These moves are controlled by the AI and can't be assigned to wrestlers. They are controlled by logic data spread across various files in the game. Moves like the Rumble elimination mini-game, the Double Rumble elimination in 2k17, rolling out of the ring after heavy impact ,the animation of a lightweight superstar trying to lift a heavyweight opponent unsuccessfully etc and the ones you mentioned. They are hidden moves and not listed . If Yukes removed the logic data files for the motion from the game, then importing the move animation files from 2k16 and 2k17 won't work as the AI logic data files are changed for each game. This needs to be changed as they add new gameplay features each year. (like the carry system for 2k18).

Thanks @squaredcirclefan for the information. Really a huge fan of your work esp your move ports from old games to 2K 18. Hats off.

Just one quick question however, if possible , has anyone been able to alter move animation like using motion builder .... I mean if a move can be adjusted to a wrestler size, for example certain moves on fat wrestler may take arms inside his body or e.g. bunzai drop with pin on a thin wrestler will make the wrestler do it in air.

Best regards.

3 hours ago, sidkaramat said:

Thanks @squaredcirclefan for the information. Really a huge fan of your work esp your move ports from old games to 2K 18. Hats off.

Just one quick question however, if possible , has anyone been able to alter move animation like using motion builder .... I mean if a move can be adjusted to a wrestler size, for example certain moves on fat wrestler may take arms inside his body or e.g. bunzai drop with pin on a thin wrestler will make the wrestler do it in air.

Best regards.

Hi,

I have tried unsuccessfully to open up YANM format motion files using motion builder. I suspect Yukes have a special codec plugin built into the software which handles YAMN files.