Can anyone help with a very odd Ring Announcer audio issue

Jimmycrane1986

Hi guys, right so let's begin I have my RA_M.PCK file in the sounds folder, it's also in the def file.

it contains custom audio i've put in myself I.E - CM Punk over Aiden English, Owen Hart over Tyson Kidd etc etc

when i load my game up and for example say i choose CM punk vs Owen Hart, on the wrestler select screen I hear Jo Jo's voice say CM punk and Owen Hart

but when the actual entrances play she will say this From Chicago Illinois, weighing 225 pounds and then silence, she won't announce his name.

same goes for Owen Hart, she will say From Calgary Alberta Canada weighing 232 pounds, then silence. 

the problem is this has happened for every single wrestler in the game 

so for example, If i choose seth rollins, in wrestler select screen, i hear jo jo's voice say Seth Rollins but his entrance she says from davenport ohio, weighing 228 pounds then silence.

my game was absolutely fine before and i haven't a clue what could have caused this.

19 hours ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

Hi guys, right so let's begin I have my RA_M.PCK file in the sounds folder, it's also in the def file.

it contains custom audio i've put in myself I.E - CM Punk over Aiden English, Owen Hart over Tyson Kidd etc etc

when i load my game up and for example say i choose CM punk vs Owen Hart, on the wrestler select screen I hear Jo Jo's voice say CM punk and Owen Hart

but when the actual entrances play she will say this From Chicago Illinois, weighing 225 pounds and then silence, she won't announce his name.

same goes for Owen Hart, she will say From Calgary Alberta Canada weighing 232 pounds, then silence. 

the problem is this has happened for every single wrestler in the game 

so for example, If i choose seth rollins, in wrestler select screen, i hear jo jo's voice say Seth Rollins but his entrance she says from davenport ohio, weighing 228 pounds then silence.

my game was absolutely fine before and i haven't a clue what could have caused this.

Hi, 

You might need to check if  the file character_ss5_m.pck in the wwe218\sound folder.

@squaredcirclefan hi dude thanks for taking the time to reply :)

I have fixed this now it was the character_es.pck file that wasn't in the sound folder. because I deleted all the commentary pck files to get rid of that but still keep the ring announcing there i must of deleted the character_es.pck file by mistake, I've since put it back in, rebuilt the def file and now all is good :)

No awful repeated commentary and Jo Jo ring announcing everyone properly including my mods

P.S Love your youtube videos

4 hours ago, Jimmycrane1986 said:

@squaredcirclefan hi dude thanks for taking the time to reply :)

I have fixed this now it was the character_es.pck file that wasn't in the sound folder. because I deleted all the commentary pck files to get rid of that but still keep the ring announcing there i must of deleted the character_es.pck file by mistake, I've since put it back in, rebuilt the def file and now all is good :)

No awful repeated commentary and Jo Jo ring announcing everyone properly including my mods

P.S Love your youtube videos

ok. Good that you've been able to sort it out.

By the way, If you are referring to the squaredcircle gameplays youtube channel, it's not mine.