How to properly inject CDLC to PS3 version of 2K14?

Impaler

Hello everybody,

With everybody's help to this day I have learned a lot of things which made the WWE 2K14 game experience a whole lot better. Imported arenas, imported arena thumbnails, added extra attires for superstars from other games, added strings to make everything organized, reduced the arc size, learned how to edit misc file and so much more. And all of this thanks to this wonderful community at SmackTalks. All that and some more of this since March 2018 it was really fun and engaging process giving my brain shots of dopamine every time something worked after a lot of trial and error.  

I'm very grateful for all the knowledge I uncovered here and its members who taught me things, answered my questions and helped me in other ways. THANK YOU! 

This game transformation has come a long way and there's still one thing I was a bit scared try doing - adding CDLC characters. When I first started reading various tutorials I knew that this will not be easy as there are multiple ways of achieving that and a lot is still unclear for me. I believe I get some bits I understand here and there but the process in its entirety is still a mystery to me.

So in hopes of finally taking this whole game to its highest level of enjoyment and completeness I intend to learn how to add CDLC.

Ideally this is what I'm looking for:

- Add ±100 characters as CDLC;
- Ability for some imported characters to have alt. attires;
- Have CDLC characters sorted out alphabetically in DLC menu selection section + renders;
- Import movesets from WL game to added CDLC characters;
- Have CDLC to work in universe mode;
- I do not need CDLC to have their call names. Having commentators refering to CDLC as they are like CAWs is just fine, using generic commentary. I do not plan yet on importing entrances, maybe sometime later.

I assume the requirements that I have set for myself will determine which way should be used to achieve this.

Right off the bat I have some random questions / statements:

- Since I once reduced my arc file by removing CAB mode will I face the same problem again when adding new CDLC or does adding CDLC is done on different - DLC arc files?
- And what about CDLC alt. attires? I believe I should sacrifice misc entries from the main misc file or does CDLC has its own misc file?
- AJ menu glitch is not suited for what I'm looking for, right?

After reading available info on this topic I understand that one of the first if not the first step is to download an unencrypted save.dat file when your PS3 has the game launched where you go to hdd1 and grab that file. Then open it in X-Packer in there I can see all available slots if I choose to edit them I see the values that I can edit as described in this tutorial at step #8 - http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/45604-adding-wrestlers-as-dlc-in-wwe-2k14-x-packer-9/

But what next? Can anybody set me on the right path here for PS3? Thank you.

Edited by Impaler

You can do this the traditional CDLC way everything in that old tutorial applies to the ps3 except the parts regarding decompressing and recompressing the save file. You already know the process of how to get to the uncompressed ps3 save while the game is running and you know about saving the file while the game is running to make the changes stick. Thats all. Instead of following the steps in that tutorial regarding extracting the save via le fluffie,  follow the ps3 method of grabbing the uncompressed save while the game is running, editing it and then putting it back in that same folder(while the game is running) where you got it and then saving the game. Everything else is the exact same method.

I'm tyring to follow this tutorial: http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/45604-adding-wrestlers-as-dlc-in-wwe-2k14-x-packer-9/Alright this is what I did and this is where I got stuck quite early on. I decided to add Mankind.

@N'Jadaka

I opened the uncompressed save, selected slot 397. Filled everything like this:

oMewEf0.png

then I downloaded this file to my PC from PS3 - /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01937/USRDIR/catalog005/info/catalog.dlc

and what am I supposed to do? I keep clicking in all areas but I can't input a new line to fill in required details. or do I double click Virgil's ID 393 and replace it with 397 and save? In that case won't Virgil disappear?

vvMuChr.png

Edited by Impaler

So I just input 12 instead of 11 and hit save and reupload the file? Thats it?

Since Im not on my PC at the moment I assume I should upload Mankind pac named as ch395.pac to games folder and add ch395.pac to def file then open up ch395.pac ensure that attires are named like 00039502 and click add new attire data input 395 and select the dlc's arc file? @N'Jadaka

Edited by Impaler

Umm that's something new to me. I remember Mankind being a NPC with a ref attire. But lets come back to that later.

Let's just imagine it is Sting that I want to add how would I go from where I was as I asked in the last post? @N'Jadaka

Edited by Impaler

I guess it is original - taken right out of the game folder. I truly did not put any modded catalog.dlc file at any point.

So the big question is where / how do I obtain those modded catalog.dlc files? Or how do I hex-hack them myself so they begin to accept new Wresters?

Strange is that I have read about this quite a bit and its the first time I'm finding out about this... Tried searching for "catalog.dlc" within this forum, found an interesting topic http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/46978-problem-adding-wrestlers-using-dlc34-or-5/?page=3 but it does not make much sense to me.

so from what I have gathered there a 5 DLC files/packs. Each of them have their own catalog.dlc file and each of these has to be individually modded in order to accept a maximum number of new wrestlers. perhaps somebody has these files modded so you could start adding characters immediately?

or for example is it possible to take WL games' catalog.dlc files and replace wrestlers that are in them and use those files on PS3?

Please I really need somebody to shed some light on this. @Red Rooster @N'Jadaka

P.S. as I understood WL game managed to install all that massive roster as DLC by using all 5 DLC files by making each of it hold 32 slots (minus what actually came from 2K on those DLCs). SO roughly 5x32 and its the absolute maximum how much CDLC characters game can include right?

Edited by Impaler

1 hour ago, Impaler said:

or for example is it possible to take WL games' catalog.dlc files and replace wrestlers that are in them and use those files on PS3?

Yes.

184 is the maximum number of dlc slots that can be used including the original slots in the dlcs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Yes.

184 is the maximum number of dlc slots that can be used including the original slots in the dlcs.

To double check - yes I can only take the catalog.dlc files from all WL game DLC folders (total being five) and just like that copy-paste them to my PS3 and they will work just like that? I mean I would need to clear out the slots that I dont use from all of the DLC files and only replace with characters in slots that I want to add? Do I need arc files too which are together in the info folder along with catalog.dlc file? Do I need to update those arcs at any time which are in info folders?

I also struggle to find all 5 catalog.dlc files. I find only 4 of them.

3 of them are in catalog 003/4/5/info/catalog.dlc

and one of them is located at an unusual folder /dev_hdd0/game/NPEB01815/USRDIR/catalog002/info/catalog.dlc and it looks like this. Is this file legit and used by the game? And where is DLC pack #1 catalog.dlc file?

txbF5eH.png

Edited by Impaler

Then I believe this will be the case with arc on PS3 too. If I master that CDLC thing another arc reduction will be inevitable. 

Will try to add the first CDLC and see how this goes. Still feels a lot like a walk in the dark, but I gotta take those first steps.

@N'Jadaka have you anything to add regarding last few posts ? :)

Sure, i will help you. But 2k14 on PS3 is a real bitch in terms of modding. I don't think it's possible to add 100+ wrestlers to 2k14 on ps3

The game always crashed when i added more then 5 wrestlers. I had more luck with replacing ingame wrestlers. But it crashed again when i added extra attires. 

Adding/replacing wrestlers on 2k15 for ps3 worked way better for me. But 100+ wrestlers seems also unrealistic.

Modding these games on 360 is a dream compared to ps3. 

I bought a cheap rgh 360 for the Legends game and i never regret it. I would suggest the same to you. This would save you much time and much more frustration.

But if you really want frustration  i can help you :D

Ps3 and 360 share the same catalog.dlc files so i would suggest to extract this file from the 360 dlc with lefluffie. 

• Like 1
  • What? 1

Ive gotta agreed with kim666 on this one man, you are creating a lot more work for yourself by doing it on the ps3,its like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Pick up a cheap 360 RGH and then mod Wrestling Legends into the game you want to have, it will save you years of work.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, kim666 said:

Sure, i will help you. But 2k14 on PS3 is a real bitch in terms of modding. I don't think it's possible to add 100+ wrestlers to 2k14 on ps3

The game always crashed when i added more then 5 wrestlers. I had more luck with replacing ingame wrestlers. But it crashed again when i added extra attires. 

Adding/replacing wrestlers on 2k15 for ps3 worked way better for me. But 100+ wrestlers seems also unrealistic.

Modding these games on 360 is a dream compared to ps3. 

I bought a cheap rgh 360 for the Legends game and i never regret it. I would suggest the same to you. This would save you much time and much more frustration.

But if you really want frustration  i can help you :D

Ps3 and 360 share the same catalog.dlc files so i would suggest to extract this file from the 360 dlc with lefluffie. 

OMG! When I have read what you just wrote my heart felt like it was pierced by a knife... :( I feel like Mankind being dropped of the HIAC.

How come I only find out about this now... Has there truly have been no exceptions to that? Only 5 additional characters and that's it? No alternative way of going past that limit? Going arc-less also would not help?

10 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

Ive gotta agreed with kim666 on this one man, you are creating a lot more work for yourself by doing it on the ps3,its like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Pick up a cheap 360 RGH and then mod Wrestling Legends into the game you want to have, it will save you years of work.

In that case the only way I would "pack my bags" and go over to XBOX 360 is if I manage to port my CAWs from PS3 with me. Would that be possible? Those CAWs took 1,5 years of my life to create and fine-tune and I absolutely cannot and will not start recreate them on X360.

Edited by Impaler

Pretty sure PS3 caws are not compatible with 360 and vice-versa.

I wasnt aware adding dlc on the PS3 was that bad but kim666 knows his stuff so I dont doubt what hes saying. Sorry man.

Since I have not yet given up on PS3 and hope for a miracle though I have contacted the Prince Of Codes, guy who did extra work for me with a PS3 2K14 trainer to include a moveset editor and such to look into CAW porting to XBOX 360. Going to X360 side would have a couple of big benefits, your added moves from 2K15 and CDLC. But if CAWs don't come through I believe I will make 2-3 WWE 2K14 Editions so to speak. 

Copy the modded game two times and make one installation with retro characters, one with attitude era and one with modern. Switching to the era I wish to play by renaming game file folder and save folder via FTP. But damn that would be such a poor compromise after dreaming for so much for so long to play with characters from this huge roster that I was planning to make within a single game.

Tried playing around a bit more and thanks to @kim666 advice to put ch397.pac entry to the end of the def file and not after ch396.pac the DLC was injected though a couple of things were strange. There was in 2K14 a string named Mankind by default for some reason that one did not work, then I took a random name (happened to be Ric Flair) and the name showed up. And all his attributes were 100. I didn't have time to check but I hope I can set them to normal levels somewhere. in-ring action was alright. no glitches. moveset injected and worked well.

the dlc catalog file I messed around was the one where Scott Hall was. I replaced him just to see how this works. Now I will try to use WL's file or whatever else in hopes to unlock more slots and experiment a bit more.

Edited by Impaler

I tried messing with WL games' catalog.dlc files for a bit this morning. #2 to be exact. No luck though. The game loaded but all unlockables became locked (even though I indeed unlocked some characters in were locked. Meaning that the DLC did not even register with the game. Will try to test more of course.

However I see some strange numbering in this field - "DLC content id starts from (you must increment with each new dlc)"

catalog.dlc #1 - 50 (PS3 does not seem to have an equivalent of that file)
catalog.dlc #2 - 50
catalog.dlc #3 - 5
catalog.dlc #4 - 9
catalog.dlc #5 - 99

And when I opened up my PS3 catalog.dlc files - their numbering made sense.

catalog.dlc #2 - 1
catalog.dlc #3 - 5
catalog.dlc #4 - 9
catalog.dlc #5 - 11

Could you break this down for me why it is numbered like that and why it works @Red Rooster ?

Edited by Impaler

I got a question. How do I keep unlocked slots on catalog.dlc file inactive?

What I mean is if I get the 22 slot catalog.dlc file and I only want to add one character and keep others inactive so the game does not look for these characters coz its not gonna find them?

CbEu2nS.png

Do I enter ID 0? @Red Rooster @kim666 @LordBarker @N'Jadaka