PC Specs

jimmyacon

Sorry if this has been asked before, I’ve tried to search. I am buying a desktop PC and WWE2k18 is one of the things that I want to work perfectly on it (well, as perfectly as a WWE2k game can). I already have a laptop that meets the recommended specs, theoretically, but the game runs horribly on it.

What do I need to buy to have this game running 8 man matches smoothly without having to dial down the graphics? 

Thanks

James

Depends on which resolution you want to play at (which depends on the monitor choice as well), at what framerate.

The video card will be the most important aspect, though. If you want to play the game at 1920x1080 (aka "Full HD" or "1080p") with all eye candy, I'd highly recommend at least an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 card, better a GeForce GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 or 64.  If you want to play WWE 2k18 at higher resolutions, you'll need an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Titan X or greater. The GTX 1080 Ti is the minimum for playing at 3840x2160 (aka "4k" or "UHD") resolution, but you'll have framerate drops to around 45 FPS at times at UHD with it  on the current game version (the original release never dipped below 60FPS during gameplay but they borked something as they patched things) nonetheless. Two GTX 1080s in SLI or two Radeon RX Vega 64s in Crossfire might be another good option for UHD/4k, but neither SLI nor Crossfire driver support isn't what it once was.

Maybe you could wait a little bit for Nvidia to release their new video cards, though, which are bound to launch soon, they might grant better performance for your money and their high end model may actually be enough to play all games at 4k/UHD@60FPS with all details cranked up. At the very least, their older cards should hopefully become cheaper once the new ones are released.

As for the rest of the specs, if you go Intel, a solid Core i5 or better Core i7 CPU or higher should do. If you want to go AMD, a Ryzen 1600X or 1700 would be a good starting point. I'd recommend going with at the very least 16GB of RAM for smooth performance. You'll also want an SSD as your OS drive that is large enough to also house WWE 2k18 etc. (or add a second, larger SSD for the games that load the longest).

• Like 1

Thanks very much, that's really helpful. I would want to play at full HD but not desperate about 4k at this point (though it might make sense for me to futureproof whilst I'm spending money). I'll have a look around and as you suggest, might wait for the new Nvidia cards and see what they come out with.