I found how some people steal other people's caws online.

LigerBomb25

Liger has every right to be pissed ... it is a big deal someone stole his stuff ... however, quitting isn't going to solve anything and that was the point I was making, Jeff. 

• Like 2

people care about who makes CAWS?   can honestly say I never even look who made 1 caw in 3 years. The only one who even pays attention to it is you.  

1 minute ago, BillyTheKid said:

people care about who makes CAWS?   can honestly say I never even look who made 1 caw in 3 years. The only one who even pays attention to it is you.  

Uh yeaaahhhh! Duh! Boy you sound all kinds of ignorant with that statement. 

The point is theft is theft no matter who it is. How the hell that simple premise is getting overlooked/glossed over by SOME individuals is simply mind-scratching. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BillyTheKid said:

Blatant troll!

Plus, he's a bandit - check the name!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jeff, just because something doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Time is valuable, pal, and Liger (among many) makes amazing CAWs that he puts a lot of time into. It's never cool to work really hard on anything and feel like the credit was stolen from you. If you wanna be Mr. Edgy and tell everyone their feelings are too dramatic, just take it elsewhere. You don't have to comment and try to force your opinion that it doesn't matter, because to at least a handful of us it does matter.

Also, if you steal a CAW and reupload it as your own, that's plagiarizing. How you don't understand something that simple, even after quoting the definition, is beyond me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

Jeff how would you feel if I took your YouTube videos and claimed them as mine?

honestly i wouldn't care cause that would be alot of work on your part and as i stated before I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM. and each video has my signature on them.

all i'm saying is yes it is a bad thing and all but you all are blowing this stuff way out of proportion.  You don't understand that all this is doing is just distancing yourself from the community? I could understand if the aforementioned person stole every single caw and arena said person created but he didn't.  it was one creation.  and posting a way that they are doing it is just giving other people reason to do it.

6 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Liger has every right to be pissed ... it is a big deal someone stole his stuff ... however, quitting isn't going to solve anything and that was the point I was making, Jeff. 

i was just posting my own thoughts. that people are just getting way too attached over this sort of thing.  Like it's their job to make a caw, like they're getting paid to do it.  If creating game content is your entire life then said person should apply for a designer's job that way they get paid to create stuff and then it can't be stolen outside of the normal scope.  But hey that's me. everything i say 15 million niggas have to jump on me so what do i know.  

7 hours ago, Kunehoman19 said:

Ahhmmm. Cause some people hate stealing and respect the works, specially the efforts of others

did you even read one word that Keith Majors said at all?

4 hours ago, Victor Evans said:

Jeff, just because something doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Time is valuable, pal, and Liger (among many) makes amazing CAWs that he puts a lot of time into. It's never cool to work really hard on anything and feel like the credit was stolen from you. If you wanna be Mr. Edgy and tell everyone their feelings are too dramatic, just take it elsewhere. You don't have to comment and try to force your opinion that it doesn't matter, because to at least a handful of us it does matter.

Also, if you steal a CAW and reupload it as your own, that's plagiarizing. How you don't understand something that simple, even after quoting the definition, is beyond me.

i never said it didn't matter to me. i was only saying quitting doing what someone loves to do because a few rotten apples spoiled it by stealing said creator's content is very over dramatic.  He doesn't get paid to create said content. and while yes he spends his time. one thing you have to understand. no 2 creations are ever alike.  no matter how hard your try

Liger could create the perfect Kenny Omega, textures, face textures, attire, moves, entrance etc.  and someone could steal that model, they would have to put those logos in the same exact spot.  That ain't happening so there's always a way.  a signature, to know if something is not the original work.  This goes with movies, TV Acting, Music, and even Art.

5 hours ago, NickBreaker said:

Blatant troll!

yest a month ago you were defending him

I fully understand why you guys are mad, it takes a lot of time to make perfect faces, logos etc. Liger, Ryee in my opinion are the best creators, I always download their CAWs. They have full right to be pissed if it takes hours or even weeks to make high quality creation and then random person uses textures etc. and put it as theirs... what's the point of doing that? You download, so why "re-creating" it again? I'm also creating wrestlers, I'm not that good but I'm also trying to do my best and I'm often doing corrections, so I support Ryee and Liger here. 2K should put better protection on logos and face textures.

• Like 1

I love how everyone is taking the original post and then putting their own spin on it in order to preach or virtue signal to the rest of the board over articles that aren't really the subject.

Stealing is bad, duh.

Someone stole his shit, he has every right to be mad about that. Who's questioning that?

Jeff to a lesser and extent and myself are saying that quitting CAWing isn't doing anything to curb thieves.

People keep saying "Creators do it for themselves and they owe you nothing" -- well, that doesn't really apply here and even if it did, that would mean that someone stealing THEIR work shouldn't piss them off if they're creating it for themselves anyway and not for a splash of notoriety (which they have and will continue to have) or for the rest of us despite thieves jacking their shit. 

I've waited patiently for Jushin Liger and Hayabusa every year for the past what? 3-4 years (at least?) and the only person I'm willing to accept it from IS Ligerbomb25. 

I've got a notebook that sits on top of my printer that's full of CAW creators that I check on regularly and every time a game comes out. Sometimes I don't even bother coming to the forums. I go straight into the game when I get it and start searching their names. If that doesn't scream LOYALTY and APPRECIATION, I don't fucking know what does. Creators that quit over things like this completely discredit the people that pushed them to Diamond or made their threads go 20+ pages on multiple boards etc. It's a big fuck you to people who did nothing wrong. 

Lastly, because this thread is going to continue to have people come in to beat their chest and act like creators aren't adults but infants that need to be coddled. I'm going to end MY little rant here by reassuring the rest of you that nobody can shame me into me believing that quitting is the best way to handle this. If anything, Liger should stay on, continue to document thieves and then do all he can to get that documentation (be it video, screenshot etc.) co-signed alongside other notable creators in this series and forwarded on to 2K to demand that their system to deter thieves be beefed up. Throwing in the towel does nothing. Instead of stealing Liger's shit, he'll just go run and steal Rye, Wimpy, Nickbreaker, etc's work and the only thing that anyone will have lost out on is a guaranteed annual Grade A Liger and Hayabusa (in the very least).

This is simply a plea to Liger to take a breather and then let it all slide ...  and don't go, dude.

Edited by cdiebold1
  • Like 1
  • Too Sweet 2

12 hours ago, Mrmorbid81 said:

Uh yeaaahhhh! Duh! Boy you sound all kinds of ignorant with that statement. 

The point is theft is theft no matter who it is. How the hell that simple premise is getting overlooked/glossed over by SOME individuals is simply mind-scratching. 

I just don't know what is wanted or expected? lol Everyone in the world to behave? That's not reality....

Sorry to sound ignorant, really i am it's just The truth is i Don't look and i assume a lot are the same. And complaining about someone stealing isn't a form of ignorance? Welcome to earth people steal everything.   Mod's my opinion are a different story....

And whatever that other guy is saying 

Blatant troll!

Plus, he's a bandit - check the name!    Sure I trolled because it deserved one.  But Bandit what?  Lol i never released a mod or caw once in my life haha

12 hours ago, NickBreaker said:

Blatant troll!

A Bandit? lol The hell I ever release? Come on man....Never made a caw or mod in my life bro Take it easy.

Edited by BillyTheKid
More detail

7 hours ago, Jai said:

honestly i wouldn't care cause that would be alot of work on your part and as i stated before I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM. and each video has my signature on them.

all i'm saying is yes it is a bad thing and all but you all are blowing this stuff way out of proportion.  You don't understand that all this is doing is just distancing yourself from the community? I could understand if the aforementioned person stole every single caw and arena said person created but he didn't.  it was one creation.  and posting a way that they are doing it is just giving other people reason to do it.

i was just posting my own thoughts. that people are just getting way too attached over this sort of thing.  Like it's their job to make a caw, like they're getting paid to do it.  If creating game content is your entire life then said person should apply for a designer's job that way they get paid to create stuff and then it can't be stolen outside of the normal scope.  But hey that's me. everything i say 15 million niggas have to jump on me so what do i know.  

did you even read one word that Keith Majors said at all?

i never said it didn't matter to me. i was only saying quitting doing what someone loves to do because a few rotten apples spoiled it by stealing said creator's content is very over dramatic.  He doesn't get paid to create said content. and while yes he spends his time. one thing you have to understand. no 2 creations are ever alike.  no matter how hard your try

Liger could create the perfect Kenny Omega, textures, face textures, attire, moves, entrance etc.  and someone could steal that model, they would have to put those logos in the same exact spot.  That ain't happening so there's always a way.  a signature, to know if something is not the original work.  This goes with movies, TV Acting, Music, and even Art.

yest a month ago you were defending him

Yep! And havent heard what GOD said? Thou shall not steal. So how was that not a big deal? Seems to me like assholes like you don't mind that act just like the one you pull on nicks thread. You stole everyone's attention by talking nonsense and insecurities.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kunehoman19 said:

Yep! And havent heard what GOD said? Thou shall not steal. So how was that not a big deal? Seems to me like assholes like you don't mind that act just like the one you pull on nicks thread. You stole everyone's attention by talking nonsense and insecurities.

Again. are you getting paid to make creations? No... do you have a contract with 2k? no. you're uploading content for the community to enjoy.  You totally missed the point it's a shame you did but that's okay.

And if you are spending day in and day out creating stuff for a video game and not getting paid that's sad bro.  I

But i'm done with this song and dance.  yes i had my content stolen back in WWE2K14. did i throw a tantrum about it? nope.  i moved on.  Life's too damn short to go on a tirade about stuff like this.

And i've known Nick on here way longer than you have.  I can question him and it wasn't in a disrespectful manner and it wasn't about him and me. you're pulling stuff out of context.

21 minutes ago, Jai said:

Again. are you getting paid to make creations? No... do you have a contract with 2k? no. you're uploading content for the community to enjoy.  You totally missed the point it's a shame you did but that's okay.

And if you are spending day in and day out creating stuff for a video game and not getting paid that's sad bro.  I

But i'm done with this song and dance.  yes i had my content stolen back in WWE2K14. did i throw a tantrum about it? nope.  i moved on.  Life's too damn short to go on a tirade about stuff like this.

And i've known Nick on here way longer than you have.  I can question him and it wasn't in a disrespectful manner and it wasn't about him and me. you're pulling stuff out of context.

To be fair bud it would be very easy and quick to copy Liger's stuff it would take no more then 5 minutes. All you gotta do is put the same height, weight, face morph and body on a default caw then import everything to it then copy moveset, entrance and victory and your done then upload it. It's actually very easy how it's set up and I'm sure he spent hours making logo's and everything else just to have someone do as I mentioned in 5 minutes or so then re upload it as there own. There's no face work usually with masked caws so thieves don't have to remake the face either so it's a quick snatch and grab to a guy who put in lots of time and effort. So I get why he's upset but thieves are inevitable as it has always happened and always will which is unfair but the truth.

I also get your point that's why I put the best way to think of things on page 1 of this post. First and foremost do it for your own enjoyment. Second share incase others would enjoy your creations as much as you and never do it for popularity, recognition or anything like that lastly your sharing for your friends and followers who will respect and enjoy your work. Looking at it this way is best and when someone does and they will steal it's not as upsetting hopefully.

Edited by KeithMajors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KeithMajors said:

To be fair bud it would be very easy and quick to copy Liger's stuff it would take no more then 5 minutes. All you gotta do is put the same height, weight, face morph and body on a default caw then import everything to it then copy moveset, entrance and victory and your done then upload it. It's actually very easy how it's set up and I'm sure he spent hours making logo's and everything else just to have someone do as I mentioned in 5 minutes or so then re upload it as there own. There's no face work usually with masked caws so thieves don't have to remake the face either so it's a quick snatch and grab to a guy who put in lots of time and effort. So I get why he's upset but thieves are inevitable as it has always happened and always will which is unfair but the truth.

I also get your point that's why I put the best way to think of things on page 1 of this post. First and foremost do it for your own enjoyment. Second share incase others would enjoy your creations as much as you and never do it for popularity, recognition or anything like that lastly your sharing for your friends and followers who will respect and enjoy your work. Looking at it this way is best and when someone does and they will steal it's not as upsetting hopefully.

yeah i definitely wasn't trying to start up anything.

but yeah i mostly was referring to okay here's an example i downloaded a caw that i wanted to transfer to a brand new slot but even when i did the import thing sometimes idk if it's just a ps4 issue my game or what the stuff doesn't always carry over.  i end up having to do it myself. again i don't upload the stuff i edit but i also see where everyone's coming from but i've also seen people blow it out of proportion.  guess i was somewhat trying to play mediator lol

50 minutes ago, fufu ÷ said:

I'm shocked that it took this long for people to start ditching this poor excuse for a game.

the game itself isn't bad. more like the glitches that the devs refuse to address makes people not want to continue to support the series.  it is what it is but i knew going in what the score was.

they would release a beta, then fuck it up worse with patches, then people would complain about online, so then another patch would nerf more shit offline as well as online, the chain grappling got broken, pins got broken (again) and then 2k gave no more fucks about the game period.

3 hours ago, Jai said:

Oh.. so you have to have a contract huh? You have to get paid huh? How about the effort and sacrifice of these CAWMakers?! Yup prove to them that you sir indeed is an inconsiderate asswipe

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BillyTheKid said:

I just don't know what is wanted or expected? lol Everyone in the world to behave? That's not reality....

Sorry to sound ignorant, really i am it's just The truth is i Don't look and i assume a lot are the same. And complaining about someone stealing isn't a form of ignorance? Welcome to earth people steal everything.   Mod's my opinion are a different story....

And whatever that other guy is saying 

Blatant troll!

Plus, he's a bandit - check the name!    Sure I trolled because it deserved one.  But Bandit what?  Lol i never released a mod or caw once in my life haha

A Bandit? lol The hell I ever release? Come on man....Never made a caw or mod in my life bro Take it easy.

I meant the name - Billy the Kid - he was a bandit in the Wild West........

It was a joke.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • KappaBrain 1

I don't have the game, nor a PS4 at the moment, but I certainly won't blame or shame someone who's had their time and hard work wasted and stolen if they feel like not sharing anymore. With the exception of my singular Roddy Piper caw this year, I haven't made or shared a single one in 5 years or so. Granted the main reason wasn't theft based, but I had caws stolen, either formula wise or just DL'd and re-upped. Happens to everyone. None of us is immune to it. Hell, I JUST started making textures again and will provide them for any of you guys here, but I'm damn sure they've been taken and re-purposed by someone by a different name. Nature of the game itself. It won't stop me from doing it though. 

I will say this though, when I get a PS4 and 2K19, there will be a list of everyone I plan on making released with a date next to them that I'll upload them on, but they'll be live only for 3 hours, then pulled. Only for specific requests will I re-upload them and only around a time frame of your choosing, then pulled again. You gotta protect yourself, while still contributing. 

2 hours ago, Kunehoman19 said:

Oh.. so you have to have a contract huh? You have to get paid huh? How about the effort and sacrifice of these CAWMakers?! Yup prove to them that you sir indeed is an inconsiderate asswipe

Don't mind him. Jeff's prone to these outbursts and fits. He's way out of touch on this, and going about things the completely wrong way. He's gotta remember that we all do the same thing here, and that he's dissing himself in the same way. 

We're all just making men and women virtually in a game that wrestle each other. Yes, we CAN take pride in our work and feel wronged when stolen from, as A LOT of us put a lot of time and effort into making these things, that we share with each other. It's all meaningless in the grand scheme, but we all benefit from each other and we all whether we admit it or not, support each other in downloading and using each other's work. 

It's sad to see people turn on each other and throw tantrums and hissy fits because they don't like how someone chooses to handle their own business.

• Like 1

Yeah, how dare people have differing opinions. The nerve. 

But hey, if we label them as tantrums and hissy fits, we can feel like our own opinion is the righteous one and take a shot at people on our way out of the convo.

Besides, it's not just his business. Ultimately it's his choice whether to quit or not, of course, but the cool thing about him posting a thread here about it and the fact that freedom of speech and open dialogue being a thing  is the ability for some of us to disagree with him.

This is a community, remember?

Edited by cdiebold1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jai said:

yeah i definitely wasn't trying to start up anything.

but yeah i mostly was referring to okay here's an example i downloaded a caw that i wanted to transfer to a brand new slot but even when i did the import thing sometimes idk if it's just a ps4 issue my game or what the stuff doesn't always carry over.  i end up having to do it myself. again i don't upload the stuff i edit but i also see where everyone's coming from but i've also seen people blow it out of proportion.  guess i was somewhat trying to play mediator lol

the game itself isn't bad. more like the glitches that the devs refuse to address makes people not want to continue to support the series.  it is what it is but i knew going in what the score was.

they would release a beta, then fuck it up worse with patches, then people would complain about online, so then another patch would nerf more shit offline as well as online, the chain grappling got broken, pins got broken (again) and then 2k gave no more fucks about the game period.

No worries bud i see your point as well and if you had worded it better I'm sure people would have understood your point. Personally its a great feature as besides the caws we make I have 3 profiles so I have 3 saves 2 of which are for downloading others caws and a lot of times I make my own attires or different era's for certain guy's and at times I'll have those same caws on my third profile and want the attire I made there too. So instead of re making everything and spending lots of time doing that it's so much faster to import everything to a default caw then uploading it to CC then downloading it into my third profile then importing everything onto the caw I have there. So this takes me 5 minutes instead of an hour or more which is awesome and yes I go back to my first profile and delete the default caw from CC once I have the attire in my third profile plus I don't make the face ect.... It's purely to transfer attires to other saves.

As for it not always working it happens on Xbox as well but this always works if the ring attire don't copy properly then copy the entrance attire as 1 of them will always work at least it does for me. So I use this feature as it's meant to be used as this feature was heavily requested for tag teams as people wanted to make the attire on 1 caw and copy/import the attire to the tag partner. It's a time saver so i like it.

I also don't see it going anywhere which leaves room for people to use it the wrong way. Also 2k encourages sharing/re using logo's so there's definitely a conflict there. I'll explain and give an example of what I mean by this. Ok so if creators pay attention to detail which they do then elbow pads and kneepads have company names on them I'll use McDavid as an example so if every creators uses there own uploaded McDavid logo then upload it your looking at 500 or more exactly the same logo on the server and what 2k would like is if we use the same one/share the logo so there's very few online. Now this is one logo I can think of 5 brands off hand so your looking at a lot of logo's on the server that are exactly the same so sharing logo's for 2k is ideal as the less logo's on the servers the less stress on the servers the "better" they can run it.

I have no problem with that as and this is just how I feel as everyone has there own perspective but for me I don't mind if people borrow/take kneepad,elbow pad. shirt logo's ect... you know the small individual stuff and use it. Where I have an issue is when people use the same face photo and import every attire then upload it as there own when all they did was copy everything. But it's unavoidable that it's going to happen honestly with how easy it is I'm surprised it does not happen more then it does.

Anyway with the reasons I just gave I don't see them changing how it works. So there will always be some who abuse this feature so it's a trade off in my opinion it's a good feature that has some good and some bad to it. It's not perfect so when people copy our stuff I just know others will see it "community people and followers" and know where it came from and who really made it so I find comfort in that as there's nothing you can really do about it and we won't let thieves stop our enjoyment and sharing to those that appreciate and enjoy our caws.

Edited by KeithMajors

19 minutes ago, KeithMajors said:

No worries bud i see your point as well and if you had worded it better I'm sure people would have understood your point. Personally its a great feature as besides the caws we make I have 3 profiles so I have 3 saves 2 of which are for downloading others caws and a lot of times I make my own attires or different era's for certain guy's and at times I'll have those same caws on my third profile and want the attire I made there too. So instead of re making everything and spending lots of time doing that it's so much faster to import everything to a default caw then uploading it to CC then downloading it into my third profile then importing everything onto the caw I have there. So this takes me 5 minutes instead of an hour or more which is awesome and yes I go back to my first profile and delete the default caw from CC once I have the attire in my third profile plus I don't make the face ect.... It's purely to transfer attires to other saves.

As for it not always working it happens on Xbox as well but this always works if the ring attire don't copy properly then copy the entrance attire as 1 of them will always work at least it does for me. So I use this feature as it's meant to be used as this feature was heavily requested for tag teams as people wanted to make the attire on 1 caw and copy/import the attire to the tag partner. It's a time saver so i like it.

I also don't see it going anywhere which leaves room for people to use it the wrong way. Also 2k encourages sharing/re using logo's so there's definitely a conflict there. I'll explain and give an example of what I mean by this. Ok so if creators pay attention to detail which they do then elbow pads and kneepads have company names on them I'll use McDavid as an example so if every creators uses there own uploaded McDavid logo then upload it your looking at 500 or more exactly the same logo on the server and what 2k would like is if we use the same one/share the logo so there's very few online. Now this is one logo I can think of 5 brands off hand so your looking at a lot of logo's on the server that are exactly the same so sharing logo's for 2k is ideal as the less logo's on the servers the less stress on the servers the "better" they can run it.

I have no problem with that as and this is just how I feel as everyone has there own perspective but for me I don't mind if people borrow/take kneepad,elbow pad. shirt logo's ect... you know the small individual stuff and use it. Where I have an issue is when people use the same face photo and import every attire then upload it as there own when all they did was copy everything. But it's unavoidable that it's going to happen honestly with how easy it is I'm surprised it does not happen more then it does.

Anyway with the reasons I just gave I don't see them changing how it works. So there will always be some who abuse this feature so it's a trade off in my opinion it's a good feature that has some good and some bad to it. It's not perfect so when people copy our stuff I just know others will see it "community people and followers" and know where it came from and who really made it so I find comfort in that as there's nothing you can really do about it and we won't let thieves stop our enjoyment and sharing to those that appreciate and enjoy our caws.

yeah i have about 10 psn profiles lol. i had about the same when i was playing 2k14.  i have about 1 profile for each era. 

but yeah it's definitely a good feature. and i see the complaints definitely but we all know that once 2k releases said game they cease to give a damn lol but yeah.  this has really been happening for years though.  i remember in either 13 or 14 that someone uploaded Petchy's nWo Steiner and posted in the comments "Bitch i stole it" so yeah i can where that can upset some creators lol Replicant and i were just talking about that yesterday lol

....And a couple of YT profiles to use to come out from under your bridge to slack people off for no reason.

Dunno why this fool is not banned from here. Adds nothing to the community apart from shit-stirring with his uneducated opinions.

A true 'taker' and a 'hater' with an IQ as low as the shallow puddle that is his gene pool.

The only exercise he gets is running his mouth and jumping to conclusions.

People wonder why creators are leaving the forums and migrating to Twitter. At least when you block toxic people there, they are gone from your sight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Corny 1

1 hour ago, NickBreaker said:

....And a couple of YT profiles to use to come out from under your bridge to slack people off for no reason.

Dunno why this fool is not banned from here. Adds nothing to the community apart from shit-stirring with his uneducated opinions.

A true 'taker' and a 'hater' with an IQ as low as the shallow puddle that is his gene pool.

The only exercise he gets is running his mouth and jumping to conclusions.

People wonder why creators are leaving the forums and migrating to Twitter. At least when you block toxic people there, they are gone from your sight.

We also went to discord!

10 hours ago, cdiebold1 said:

Yeah, how dare people have differing opinions. The nerve. 

But hey, if we label them as tantrums and hissy fits, we can feel like our own opinion is the righteous one and take a shot at people on our way out of the convo.

Besides, it's not just his business. Ultimately it's his choice whether to quit or not, of course, but the cool thing about him posting a thread here about it and the fact that freedom of speech and open dialogue being a thing  is the ability for some of us to disagree with him.

This is a community, remember?

You show me where I said he couldn't have a different opinion. I said his tone and the way he went about making his point was child like and and read more like a hissy fit/tantrum. 

And it IS just LigerBomb's business. It's his choice about his creations and his future making them. If he wants to quit, he can. No one around here can force him to keep making them. People can reply and argue with him all they want, but at the end of the day, it's still ultimately HIS choice to make. He's not beholden to anyone around here. 

It's a community. Not a forced labor camp. If someone wants to stop, they can. Hell, he could have just dropped off the face of the earth, never to make this post or a caw a again and you'd have never even have known, but because he announces he wants to stop because people are stealing his hard work, he's got people acting like he owes them. I even said, I disagree with his course of action, but if he wants to quit, quit. I commend him for making that choice and taking that much pride in his work that people stealing it would make him feel that way. I'm not gonna argue with him. He's clearly made up his mind and he owes me nothing. 

You wanna quit losing members? Stop pushing them away by acting like they owe you. There are better ways to convince Liger to stay and make caws other than "Bruh, what are you, some kind of asshole or something? Someone stole your work? Waaaaaah. Get back to making caws you baby."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IconReturns said:

You show me where I said he couldn't have a different opinion. I said his tone and the way he went about making his point was child like and and read more like a hissy fit/tantrum. 

And it IS just LigerBomb's business. It's his choice about his creations and his future making them. If he wants to quit, he can. No one around here can force him to keep making them. People can reply and argue with him all they want, but at the end of the day, it's still ultimately HIS choice to make. He's not beholden to anyone around here. 

It's a community. Not a forced labor camp. If someone wants to stop, they can. Hell, he could have just dropped off the face of the earth, never to make this post or a caw a again and you'd have never even have known, but because he announces he wants to stop because people are stealing his hard work, he's got people acting like he owes them. I even said, I disagree with his course of action, but if he wants to quit, quit. I commend him for making that choice and taking that much pride in his work that people stealing it would make him feel that way. I'm not gonna argue with him. He's clearly made up his mind and he owes me nothing. 

You wanna quit losing members? Stop pushing them away by acting like they owe you. There are better ways to convince Liger to stay and make caws other than "Bruh, what are you, some kind of asshole or something? Someone stole your work? Waaaaaah. Get back to making caws you baby."

Liger is a part of the community. If it is solely his business, he wouldn't post here. He wouldn't post at caws.ws. "His business" became everyone else's business when he posted up his creations and enjoyed the continued support of the community or when he enjoyed ranking up in game because of the community's support. You're arguing that it's his choice to make when nobody said or even implied that it wasn't. In fact, I specifically said it was his choice. I also said that we didn't have to agree with it and assholes like you couldn't shame people like us into it either.

Forced labor camps? Nice stretch, Dhalsim. 

He doesn't owe anyone anything but quitting doesn't fix any of the problems that make him want to quit either, does it? No? Well then it's an extremely valid position to hold. Soapboxing this idea that nobody is ever allowed to disagree with reputable creators is what makes this community toxic. It's clique creating tribalism. Your CAW skill doesn't preclude you from differing opinions or criticism. 

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it -- but I'm going to say what I want regardless of how many "likes" it gets me on here because once again, we're adults here and we're free to do so. CAW creators are not infants that need to be coddled and if someone saying something you don't agree with is too much for you to handle, perhaps you should take a break from the internet. ;)

I never called the guy an asshole. I never said he was crying like a baby (not to my recollection, but feel free to quote me if I did). I said I understood being mad about it and I said he had the right to. It's very easy to relate to. But the main point I made was that quitting wasn't the answer. Your problem here is that you attempted to put what Jai said and what I said into a single box but generalizations and vague sweeping statements just to beat your chest over "standing up for the CAW creators" doesn't work here. I'm only accountable for what I said. Not what Jai said. Not what false narrative you're pushing with paraphrased tripe.

Try try again.

Edited by cdiebold1
  • Woo 1