Installing Manager MODs--Please Help...

d-fish

Sorry for the laundry list of stupid questions--but this game is destroying me... I'm a former NBA 2k modder--but this game is kicking my stupid ass and I feel like my presence here is simply a nuisance. I had all kinds of aspirations to start modding, cause I miss it, I truly love this game, I love retro/vintage wrestling, but I can't even manage to f'ing install a simple manager MOD, so I'm off to a fantastic start...

Anyhow, I've downloaded LeonRick's Jimmy Hart 8 Attire MOD and I tried to install it, but he's not showing up in the game. First, I used X-Packer to make sure the (PACH & PAC) names are correct inside & outside the game: 00082502 to 00082572 and ch82572.pac to ch82572.pac. I edited the 8 files and named them correctly, then installed them the same as I have every other successfully installed MOD before... Are the CH files supposed to go in the actual CH game folder or the MOD/pac/ch folder? I put the files in the MOD folder--cause that's where everything else that I've properly installed works has been placed. I thought maybe Managers can't have multiple attires--so, I removed the 8 attires from the "Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker"--and just tried to install 1 version of him, and still nothing... I adjusted the "Unlock Status" and "DLC Status" in his .pofo to every possible configuration--and, I'm at an absolute loss... What settings should those be in order for him to show up properly under the "Manager" selection screen? Should I just load him as a "Superstar"?! I just have no clue... Everytime I think I've got something figured out, I don't, then I move to something else and I'm stumped again...

I've got nothing left... I've spent hours & hours on this game--every bit of free time I have available & then some and I'm getting absolutely nowhere. Anyhow... Please help... but if you don't want to, I completely understand... I wouldn't wanna' help me either...

I assume you don't use PerfectPlextra or PacPlus to expand the character slots that are available in the game. 825 is an ID that isn't supported by the game out of the box. You can easily install PerfectPlextra using Custom Character Tools 2018 in the Utilities->Install "PerfectPlextra Mod" (Additional Character Slots). Once you've installed it, it will always remain active until you uninstall PerfectPlextra, as it's file-based.
After that, installing Jimmy Hart should work fine when you next start the game (if you have already installed him as a manager he should just be selectable as Manager).

You can also use WWE2k18's PacPlus feature to accomplish the same. The additional slots would only be active whenever WWE 2k18+ with PacPlus enabled is running in the background (it works via memory injection), thus PerfectPlextra which is file-based is the more convenient solution in most cases (PacPlus in it's default state accomplishes the same thing PerfectPlextra does, although the main benefit of the former is configurability like changing the Wrestler ID numbers assigned to a slot and such. If you like to use such features you can use it instead).

As for the location of the files using the \mods\ sub-folder is recommended, as it's easier to manage mods that way and better form overall. If you're using Custom Character Tools to install mods it will use the \mods\ sub-folder automatically.

I do use PerfectPlextra, but I wasn't unaware that 2k18+ had to be running in the background in order to use PacPlus... I changed Jimmy Hart's slot from 825 to a different slot and that seemed to fix everything. Thank you very much, @Cave Waverider...

Edited by d-fish