Match Rules Bug?

Featherine

I understand this is not (or might not) be a modding bug, but I've tried to fix it for like 5 hours already and I don't know what to do. I'm sure someone around here might know something about this.

So my problem is that all match rules are bugged to everything off

VoZKwZn.png

Same happens with Tag-team matches. Nothing I do makes it go away. I think this happened when I ran a Steel Cage match, and on custom rules I set Pin and Sub OFF, then when the match started there was no cage, I had to exit the match, and I played it again and it worked. That was the only time I set the rules like it shows in the screenshot.

I tried multiple ways of making this go away but it won't. It's affecting WWE Universe too because ALL matches (regardless of the type of match) I want to simulate or play have these rules set.

Tried re-doing matches, completing exhibition matches, making custom matches and saving/not saving, etc. I don't know anymore :(

(If this is on the wrong sub-forum please move it, I have no qualms)

Edited by Featherine

Very odd. If you are using WWE 2k18+, you might want to disable Match Edit and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, you can try using Data Editor's Custom Match Editor to create a custom match for your match type with the settings you want and inject it into the game via Custom Character Tools. Then load the match type and custom match and see if that works or perhaps even fixes things.

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Very odd. If you are using WWE 2k18+, you might want to disable Match Edit and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, you can try using Data Editor's Custom Match Editor to create a custom match for your match type with the settings you want and inject it into the game via Custom Character Tools. Then load the match type and custom match and see if that works or perhaps even fixes things.

Nope. Also tried Match Edit and Injecting new rules. Doesn't work. :'(

No idea what to do besides what you suggested. Of course, loading a "custom match" works but after that if I go to PLAY and try a normal 2-on-2 tag team match (for example) and I don't edit anything and just go as-is, when I pause and go to MATCH RULES during the match, everything is off. Same happens if I try any other type of match, like One on One or Triple Threat. Both Pin and Sub are set to off regardless if it's Normal or Extreme Rules, etc.

This wouldn't be such of a hassle if it didn't affect UNIVERSE too since it uses default settings and not custom. Every single match in Universe is set to these "default rules" so I'd have to edit every single match of every single show, on every week, and change the rules to allow Pin and Submission, over and over because the game keeps defaulting to everything OFF and I just don't know why!!!

EDIT: Even moreso, check this out

3iV0O1S.png

See this? This is if I go to match rules, this is how it shows BY DEFAULT. Seems normal, since in the second page it also shows DQ is on, which is also perfectly normal for a Normal match. But if I don't touch anything and leave it like that, with everything as it should be, and I pick characters and go, IN-GAME, the match rules are ALL set to off exactly like my first post, even though in the match options, the default options were like you see in this picture right here.

Edited by Featherine

Super weird. I wonder what exactly caused this (or rather, how changing the default settings happened for you). Figuring out how to change the defaults might even be helpful for possibly adding modded matches that aren't possible with the create a match feature to the menu and such in the future.

I wonder if it's related to the save game or the game files. Do you have any save backups you can test from before it happened? If so you might want to try them out and see if things are back to normal.

Tried replicating the Steel Cage shenanigans but no dice. I noticed that if I go to that menu and just press START and go back to character select, the rules actually apply. But if I do NOT go into match options and just play as-is or just change the arena/referee without trying to customize the rules, the match will initialize without any rules whatsoever, everything off. I don't get why is it doing that. Again, this is no trouble for exhibition matches, but for Universe, this ruins it completely, because all matches adopt the NO RULES configuration so none are playable unless I edit every single match I play.

Is my only solution delete the save completely and start over? :'(

10 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Super weird. I wonder what exactly caused this (or rather, how changing the default settings happened for you). Figuring out how to change the defaults might even be helpful for possibly adding modded matches that aren't possible with the create a match feature to the menu and such in the future.

I wonder if it's related to the save game or the game files. Do you have any save backups you can test from before it happened? If so you might want to try them out and see if things are back to normal.

My belief is this is somehow related to the first match I tried after re-doing my save because of some modding misshaps (which ended up in the save being corrupted so I just started over). I made a title match in a Steel Cage, my CAW against Natalya for the SD Women's Champion. I wanted to play a Steel Cage without Pin and Submission because I thought Steel Cage should only be won if you escape the cage, so I turned them off.

After starting the match, I noticed the match didn't have a cage at all, it looked like a normal match, no cage, but without a way to win as the match didn't have pin of submission clause. Also JoJo was silent at the beginning when announcing the match which was weird as hell (the game wasn't modded yet so this makes zero sense). Since I couldn't finish the match I exited and re-did the match. This time it worked and never had troubles again, but it seems that particular setting overwrote every other match setting or something because every match I try to play ends up without pins or subs or being able to exit the ring like inside an invisible cage. Regardless if it's 1on1, tag, multiple man matches or the type of match.

I tried replicating this but it didn't happen again, but the bugged settings stayed like that.

And no, I don't have a backup since this save was fairly new. :(

Edited by Featherine