How to make an alpha channel in avi video when converting to BINK?

Impaler

Hi, guys I've been trying to make a couple of custom transitional animations and I found a perfect video clip for it on youtube. I downloaded it. Shortened it to 2 seconds, converted it to avi. But the problem is when I use RAD Video tools, not matter what setting I try, I do not get alpha plane included thus video is not shown.

How on earth should I produce this alpha channel that is required for the game to show the animation?

Is the background on the AVI you converted transparent? If you downloaded the video directly from YouTube it won't hold the alpha channel so the background would be visible which would explain why RAD Tools is including it.

No its not its a regular vid I downloaded off of youtube.

I meant Rad is not including it. Is there a way to make it to?

Edited by Impaler

Try using the settings in this video:

You might need to change the video dimensions to suit your needs.

You could also use this guide for RAD Tools for 2K15 as it should be the same process.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have made a few screens, yes. By editing over new graphics while using available screens as templates. But I wouldn't call myself a complete expert on this. And I only did it for 2K14 PS3 version. I don't play 2K18. I assume there will be core differences how screens are made in 2K14 and 2K18.

Edited by Impaler