Enzofolgore's Caws: WALTER

Enzofolgore

Stealing the textures would at least mean placing them on the caw, which takes a tiny amount of time and skill. 

Importing the ENTIRE attire over is just incredibly lazy and blatant.

Can't believe you thought that would fly on these forums.

i just don't see the whole point of losing your shit over something especially when you said (nickbreaker) that you were done with the game and had no plans for 2k19.  

Just let the dude have his day it's not necessary to get all bent out of shape over something so trivial

• What? 1

9 minutes ago, Kunehoman19 said:

I think Nick stole jai's lunch or something because I can feel the hate from this thread up to nickbreakers thread.

Right!? Something's sure going on with those two, real or imagined. 

22 hours ago, Jai said:

i just don't see the whole point of losing your shit over something especially when you said (nickbreaker) that you were done with the game and had no plans for 2k19.  

Just let the dude have his day it's not necessary to get all bent out of shape over something so trivial

Jeff the guy stole textures Nick took the time to make, how would you feel if someone took textures you spent time on to gain false praise? and how does Nick saying he has no plans for 2K19 justify texture theft?

• Like 4

As someone relatively new to the community I think that Jeff actually brings up something that's useful to know: If someone has said that they're finished modding, is it not okay to then use any of their work however one sees fit? I'm not saying that someone shouldn't still give that person credit, or necessarily just re-release identical work that's already available (I don't know enough about this situation to say which happened), I'm just wondering what the general policy is for reusing a mod provided by someone who has no continued interest in modding himself.

I mean - in other words - once someone "retires" from the hobby, is it not kosher for anyone else to touch his stuff? If so that seems like kind of a waste but if this is just a matter of accreditation then I understand.

I'm pretty sure theft still qualifies as theft, whether the original creators "retires" or not. The point is he was caught stealing another creator's mods and instead of just using them for his own private use, attempted to pass them off as his own.

Not seeing where there's a grey area here. Theft= Theft.

It'd be nice if Enzofolgore at least apologized if he's not going to own up to it, and we move on. 

• Like 1
  • KappaBrain 1

On 5/31/2018 at 8:24 AM, Enzofolgore said:

Hey nick, maybe it seem that i copy your attire, but believe me it’s not. I choose to make this attire beacause i think was the best, and the way to make Cobb i think it’s only one. And the attire it’s identical beacause also cobb use this in NJPW and i love this one. But i didn’t use your texture, also beacause i respetc the work of everybody. And it’s not identical also beacause i make a cobb face texture, you use the hiromu takanahashi face to make Cobb. I’ve followed the wimpy councils to improve, but i don’t steal. If you think this, i’m sorry, but that’s not the true.

Lying and Stealing.

Eddie would be proud.

Passing off others work as your own and then denying it saying you respect the community? Even someone with Jeff's intellect can tell that's not on.

Also, I never retired! It's not a job! Just done for this game and most likely the next. Plagiarism is wrong no matter the circumstances of the original author or the date of publication. Any creators or real fans of the craft understand.

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

I'll give Enzofolgore the chance to redeem himself when he's back from his 1 week holiday, give me the textures you used to make Jeff Cobb's attire and I'll compare them to the textures Nick used  

• Like 1

Retired or not, working your ass off to make textures to look good ingame then they get stolen by someone else is fucked up, didn't even credit him and denying too..

Edited by Joe Mashups
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Grappler said:

As someone relatively new to the community I think that Jeff actually brings up something that's useful to know: If someone has said that they're finished modding, is it not okay to then use any of their work however one sees fit? I'm not saying that someone shouldn't still give that person credit, or necessarily just re-release identical work that's already available (I don't know enough about this situation to say which happened), I'm just wondering what the general policy is for reusing a mod provided by someone who has no continued interest in modding himself.

I mean - in other words - once someone "retires" from the hobby, is it not kosher for anyone else to touch his stuff? If so that seems like kind of a waste but if this is just a matter of accreditation then I understand.

Doesn’t work that way. If a modder retires or disappears without saying “my stuff is fair game” the work retires with them. It’s just how it is.  Respect the folks before you. If decide to do it anyway, really fast way to be black balled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrmorbid81 said:

Not seeing where there's a grey area here. Theft= Theft.

The gray area for me was what determines when it's alright to use materials that someone else submitted if that person has stopped making mods. If the answer is "it's never alright" then that's fine, the answer is "it's never alright". I wasn't advocating, I was just asking.

1 hour ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Doesn’t work that way. If a modder retires or disappears without saying “my stuff is fair game” the work retires with them. It’s just how it is.  Respect the folks before you. If decide to do it anyway, really fast way to be black balled. 

Thanks for the explanation, that's perfectly feasible. I'm not trying to upset anybody, I'm just trying to learn. :(

• Like 1
  • Yes! 1

9 hours ago, Grappler said:

that was my point. i mean no theft isn't okay but i just look at it as "if you're not making money off of it" if that were the case. we shouldn't be able to upload videos to youtube and "add the appropriate entrance themes right"? cause the artist of those songs will try to essentially say we stole said song or whatever.  

all i'm saying is that it didn't need to be blown out of proportion like it was.  

1 hour ago, Mrmorbid81 said:

Well, now you know. Live and learn

Indeed. I didn't mean to offend anybody, I'm just a new guy trying to learn. Every now and then I've seen threads of abandoned work from modders who apparently disappeared and wondered what normally happens in a situation like that. I thought "Can someone pick it up if they credit the original author for the base? Is it hands-off from that point on"? Then I just moved on and forgot about it until the topic of "retirement" was raised in this thread.

I certainly wasn't trying to condone outright copying or theft but understood the reaction to my question once I realized that I kind of muddied the two issues by asking how and when I did. Sorry about that, my fault for interrupting an understandably heated discussion with what probably seemed like a willfully ignorant or provocative question. Like I said no offense intended, just trying to learn.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cdiebold1 said:

Ah, this was what was being referenced in the other thread. 

Sad, sad, sad.

Yep! Stealing someone's thunder.... Although I said lightning but there isnt a thunder thief movie....., is there?? Anyway I think the admin will still look into it just to double check. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NWOldskool said:

Did you steal my body texture, mate? Not cool. Looks like you jacked @Penguin kingdom hearts logo as well. That body texture was made custom using Big E's 2K17 texture as a base. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWOldskool/status/942140241070014464

Yeah, the body and the logo definitely looks close.. I'm fine with people using my logos (cause they suck hella bad) but a thank you or a credit would be nice!😭

• Like 1