Trying to install a Demolition Ax mod

Gibbathy

I am new to modding and have searched tutorials and watched Youtube clips (for previous versions) and am still lost. I seriously hate being this guy but I am lost.

So I have downloaded the Demolition Ax and Smash mods from the Leon thread (they look great by the way). They are just the Pac files with no Pofo or moveset files. I have downloaded the Data Editor and CCT tools, as well as the Hex editor. 

I have opened up the "WWE 2K18 Memory Sheet" and scrolled until I found Ax. I see he is 792. I edited the downloaded Pac file to 79202 & 79204. Since there are no Pofo files I took the downloaded Pofo & moveset, and ran them through the Data Editor to port them to 2K18. I saved both files. Opened up the game. Then opened up the CCT program. I installed both Ax Pofo and Moveset files. Then in the game I opened up the firth player, switched him from boo to cheer then saved. 

I don't get any results. At the very bottom is a blank space with what looks to be Ax's details just with no name. I started a game with said blank spot. It freezes at the load screen. In one of the Youtube clips it says to Hex edit an EMD line. Problem is I cannot find said line. Though its a 2K16 clip and  might not be needed.

I was able to mod a few players into the game using Pac Plus, but the wrestlers who I enjoy using aren't available to download through there. It would be cool to get some help on this please. 

Cheers

Gibb

----------------------------

Fixed (here are the steps)

• Renamed the Leon "Ax" PACS to 79202 and 79204
  • Loaded the Pac's via CCT (before starting the game).
  • Then used the the CCT>Utilities>Regenerate Chunk0.def.
  • Used and older Pofo for Ax. Made sure the "Demolition Ax [Mod] 792" was the wrestling ID. Saved
  • Used Kevin Nash's moveset (which I'll have to look into configuring more towards Ax). Saved
  • Opened up the game. Waited for the main menu.
  • Opened up CCT again.
  • Loaded pofo and moveset files.
  • Went to the roster. Changed the first wrestler from Hell to face. Hit saved within the game.
  • Started a match between Ax and AJ Styles. Lost said match. 
Edited by Gibbathy

Do you have the Super String installed? If your .pofo uses a name code from the Super String you will need to install it or there will be no name. Or you can change the name code to one from the regular string file.

I always thought that when you install the Pac plus program it updated the string itself. I downloaded the string and installed it. A few different things happened. It renamed the menu differently. Changed "My WWE" to "Manage". And Cheer/boo to "Heel/Face". I got "Ax" to show up in the roster menu, but it still freezes on the load screen. I'm guessing the Pofo and moveset files are somewhat corrupted. Most likely since I was porting them over?

11 hours ago, Gibbathy said:

I always thought that when you install the Pac plus program it updated the string itself. I downloaded the string and installed it. A few different things happened. It renamed the menu differently. Changed "My WWE" to "Manage". And Cheer/boo to "Heel/Face". I got "Ax" to show up in the roster menu, but it still freezes on the load screen. I'm guessing the Pofo and moveset files are somewhat corrupted. Most likely since I was porting them over?

Yes, that could very well be a problem, especially with the .moveset, the conversion from old versions of the game is experimental for a reason.
What's probably the safest way to do is to load one of the templates from the Templates folders from a wrestler similar to the one you are creating as a base into Data Editor, then use the load parts function to only load the Moves from the older game files' moveset and fix the moves that no longer work. Change the IDs and name codes, of course.

That said, the freezing on loading is usually an issue with the .pac files. Since you mentioned there was no EMD section, that means you haven't converted them from the encrypted HSPC format to EPK8 format. Try to use Custom Character Tools to install the .pac files, as it will convert the files to EPK8 format and automatically rename the EMD section to match the file name's ID, attire number and attire type.

It's a good idea to check the Smacktalks Community Wiki, by the way, especially the article on Installing Mods as the important things are explained there.

• Like 1

Success. Will edit my original post with what I did here. In case others have the same issue.

Renamed the Leon Ax PACS to 79202 and 79204

Loaded the Pac's via CCT (before starting the game).

Then used the the CCT>Utilities>Regenerate Chunk0.def.

Used and older Pofo for Ax. Made sure the "Demolition Ax [Mod] 792" was the wrestling ID. Saved

Used Kevin Nash's moveset (which I'll have to look into configuring more towards Ax). Saved

Opened up the game. Waited for the main menu.

Opened up CCT again.

Loaded pofo and moveset files.

Went to the roster. Changed the first wrestler from Hell to face. Hit saved within the game.

Started a match between Ax and AJ Styles. Lost said match. 

-----------------------

Just a few questions.

First is just a clarification. I do not need to repeat these steps for Ax anymore right? He is now in the game? 

Secondly, I followed your instructions loaded via CCT and changed the moveset. Got past the freezing stage but it crashed the game. That is what the "Regenerate Chunk0.def" is preventing right?

These last few are more observations than issues. The # at the top has no text in it. Not a massive deal. Also the Ax figure randomly sinks into the mat. Is that common for modded characters? 

Thank you for your help.

Gibb

When you've saved him in the game, he should be there for good.

As for the sinking in issue, that's probably a problem with either the .pofo or .moveset file (likely the latter). It mostly happens when you try to load stuff from files from older games. Best to create one based on a WWE 2k18 moveset from scratch if that's the case.

Yeah, I had a similar issue last week with some characters sinking into the mat and other freezing/glitching issues. I had also heard that it was probably pofo/moveset related. I erased my save and installed a backup save. I redid all of the downloaded movesets manually and everything seems to be going fine now.