Modding 2K18 Models Into 2K17?

TheJStale

Is it at all possible to mod entrance motions and models from 2K18 into 2K17? I am assuming modding tron files from 18 into 17 would be possible, and I can always just use the Sound Editor to put their themes in.

I have 2K18 for PS4 but I want to do a randomized, newLEGACYinc-style Universe Mode on 2K17 so I don't accidentally screw up my other Universe file on 2K18 (yes I am aware you can have multiple saves). And I thought, instead of re-downloading 2K17 on my PS4, why not re-download it on Steam and MOD people from 2K18 into it?

I don't want everybody, just those who were not included in 2K17, of course updated models of Superstars that WERE included in 2k17 would be welcomed.

It can be done but : 

a.)  I doubt there are a lot of modders that are going to be willing to do it.

b.)  Animations like face and objects would need to be disabled because 2k18 uses a different animations method than previous games.

18 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

It can be done but : 

b.)  Animations like face and objects would need to be disabled because 2k18 uses a different animations method than previous games.

Ah. That sucks. Thanks though! I may just have to shell out the money to buy 2K18 and all DLC packs from Steam and just mod people from he older games into 18

29 minutes ago, xXJHARDYFAN92Xx said:

Ah. That sucks. Thanks though! I may just have to shell out the money to buy 2K18 and all DLC packs from Steam and just mod people from he older games into 18

It's worth it.  2k18 is a much better game on PC than the previous games.

1 hour ago, AznBlusuazn said:

It's worth it.  2k18 is a much better game on PC than the previous games.

See I'm conflicted, because I already own it for PS4 and I don't really wanna own two copies... I bought 2K17 for xbox 360 and then PS4 and then I bought the PC version lol.

I record my Universe Mode and upload it to YouTube and I transitioned from 17 to 18 after Tribute to the Troops in December. I had planned to switch from the PS4 version to the PC version, if I were to get it, after SummerSlam, because then it would give me time to set up my Universe Mode and create my usual CAWs that I make in every game. And it would give me time to mod people in.

But I might just stick with the PS4 version and just buy 2K19 for PC, assuming they will be releasing it for PC like the previous games.

• Too Sweet 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, AznBlusuazn said:

It can be done but : 

What about porting animations from WWE 2K15 / 16 into WWE 2K17

I have done this with interview scenes, proof is in the image I attached, I can swap in and out characters into the interview. The problem is this scene was downloadable from a youtuber, all I did was extract a few files, followed a tutorial an inserted into the evt folder. Whilst I got this scene to work I wanted certain other scenes. 

I use WWE 2K17 not WWE 2K18. 

https://ibb.co/jRzqsH

Basically I am asking for a little more guidance on porting scenes from WWE 2K15 and WWE 2K16 into WWE 2K17 please. I own WWE 2K17 not WWE 2K15 or WWE 2K16

Thank you

• 1 year later...