Is it possible to Mod with a MacBook?

Iconic Wig

So. I don't have windows. And I know most people mod w/Microsoft. I would like to know if there's anyone here that's modding with a macOS. If somebody knows why this is not possible. Please let me know.
Thanks

It's probably because the game requires Windows.

While you can certainly create mods with tools that are available on the mac, many tools will be tailored towards windows since that's what the game supports. Also, MacOS is a *nix enviroment, which handles things like file- and memory management differently than Windows and thus many of the tools that rely on certain file types and accessing memory just aren't compatible.

Note that if your Mac and it's MacOS are recent enough and has hardware that is powerful enough to be compatible with the game (especially the video card, not sure if MacBooks use dedicated higher-end Nvidia/AMD cards that meet the game's sytem requirements or not), you should be able to install Windows 10 on it (via Bootcamp or whatever it's called - I've never had an Apple, so I don't know, but I'm sure you'll find ways to do so on the web or contact Apple to get instructions). If you are a gamer, you'd probably want to install Windows anyhow, since most games are available on Windows and not on MacOS.

Alternatively, you could probably also use a Virtual Machine of choice to run Windows inside MacOS (although that would likely cost quite a bit of performance).

11 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's probably because the game requires Windows.

While you can certainly create mods with tools that are available on the mac, many tools will be tailored towards windows since that's what the game supports. Also, MacOS is a *nix enviroment, which handles things like file- and memory management differently than Windows and thus many of the tools that rely on certain file types and accessing memory just aren't compatible.

Note that if your Mac and it's MacOS are recent enough and has hardware that is powerful enough to be compatible with the game (especially the video card, not sure if MacBooks use dedicated higher-end Nvidia/AMD cards that meet the game's sytem requirements or not), you should be able to install Windows 10 on it (via Bootcamp or whatever it's called - I've never had an Apple, so I don't know, but I'm sure you'll find ways to do so on the web or contact Apple to get instructions). If you are a gamer, you'd probably want to install Windows anyhow, since most games are available on Windows and not on MacOS.

Alternatively, you could probably also use a Virtual Machine of choice to run Windows inside MacOS (although that would likely cost quite a bit of performance).

"It's probably because the game requires Windows"

What do you mean by that? The game is available at Steam. Which is available for Mac

Not all Steam games work on the MacOS (or Linux/SteamOS for that matter). You need to check the System requirements. In fact, most quality Steam games only work on Windows. WWE 2k18 requires Windows 7 or later.