How to add call names/ announced name to mods?

NeilStuart

I find it a bit weird that mods do not have call names. What I mean is Jojo saying their names during the entrance or when picking a character. Can we add them by editing the sound files in the game?

43 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

We haven't figured out how to, unless you replace a superstar and change their announcer sounds. They are tied to the wrestler's slot.

Is it possible to disable commentary (for example replacing bushwhacker luke with CM Punk) so that all references to the replaced character minus the entrance announcer are gone?

28 minutes ago, NeilStuart said:

Is it possible to disable commentary (for example replacing bushwhacker luke with CM Punk) so that all references to the replaced character minus the entrance announcer are gone?

You should be able to use Data Editor to set the Commentary Name in the .pofo to an unused value (or in your case CM Punk's ID from previous games, in which case the game will use CM Punk commentary if there is any left over, this worked in some older games for some wrestlers that had been removed). Another way would be to replace any commentary lines for the wrestler (you'll have to search for them yourself) with custom or empty ones with Sound Editor.

What I find a more elegant solution, though, is to not replace a wrestler and use the community recommended ID for the mod and simply add sound with the modded wrestler's announcement to her/his titantron video. The wrestler will then have generic commentary and will be announced properly and with the announcer voice you prefer. You'll have to figure out the timing related to the entrance animation, of course, but that can be easily done using a stopwatch.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, Cave Waverider said:

You should be able to use Data Editor to set the Commentary Name in the .pofo to an unused value (or in your case CM Punk's ID from previous games, in which case the game will use CM Punk commentary if there is any left over, this worked in some older games for some wrestlers that had been removed). Another way would be to replace any commentary lines for the wrestler (you'll have to search for them yourself) with custom or empty ones with Sound Editor.

What I find a more elegant solution, though, is to not replace a wrestler and use the community recommended ID for the mod and simply add sound with the modded wrestler's announcement to her/his titantron video. The wrestler will then have generic commentary and will be announced properly and with the announcer voice you prefer. You'll have to figure out the timing related to the entrance animation, of course, but that can be easily done using a stopwatch.

It's a crude solution but I guess this may do for some people. Thank you!