Impaler

Suggestions for WWE 2K14 Universe mode? Best practices? Avoiding glitches?

Hi guys, I'm finally done creating my 51 CAWs after 1,5 years and I'm ready to hit the universe mode for the first time ever in any WWE game.

And I wonder what advice you would have for me in order to enjoy WWE Universe mode to the fullest?

I have heard about some glitches in the past where manually made tag teams and stables can be broken? And is there a possibility of CAWs' movesets be somehow damaged? I'm not sure if the last one is correct. Are there any more ugly glitches I should look out for?

Ideally I hope to play with all my 51 CAWs randomly against the CPU wwe superstars and between CAWs. Should I make for example SmackDown with only CAWs on its roster and RAW - with superstars + caws?

What it the true way of enjoying universe mode? How should I go about it. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Impaler

I always turn off team formation/breakup off in the universe story options.

There are some weird cutscene glitches that cause the wrong person to come out or for tag teams to be mixed up but there is no way to fix it that I know of.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Rooster said:

I always turn off team formation/breakup off in the universe story options.

There are some weird cutscene glitches that cause the wrong person to come out or for tag teams to be mixed up but there is no way to fix it that I know of.

This.

Also, if you use a paint-tool logo as a brand or ppv logo you can get crashes. Also tag team matches can appear to 'crash' on the loading screen, but if you wait for several minutes (seriously, could be up to 5) the game will wake up and continue loading.

Just curious - why only 51 CAWs? I never seem to have enough slots

• Like 1

@El Guapohave you had any Universe Crashes with using a CAW in a slot higher than 50?

I've always had 100 or so and never had an issue, aside from what's been mentioned above

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Just curious - why only 51 CAWs? I never seem to have enough slots

Well first off 51 CAWs are original ones, not like recreated wrestlers from the past. They are all unique characters with their moves, personas and each of them have 4 well made and though out attires to fit their main attire/personality and even moveset. This baggage of CAWs was created throughout my whole life starting with WWF WarZone and for the first time in history all of them will be in one single game. (recreating Caws from games like wcw mayhem, ecw anarchy rulz, SD1/2 and so on).

I've spent countless hours each day over a period since last november. I'm totally burnt out at this point. So its been like 51 CAWs x 4 (attires) = 204 CAWs. I'm in the process of finalising their movesets and that may be going well over for another 2-4 months time. but since I got most of the moveset done right I want to start enjoying the universe I created after slaving away in front of the TV for almost 1.5  years like a zombie. I sure could have used that time for better use. But its done. :D perhaps one day I'll share what I've made.

Edited by Impaler

I'm impressed at your vision!

I guess I'm the complete opposite, using my CAW slots to have 'unloved' guys like Bastion Booger and Mean Mark Callous in my game

I hope the tips help you create the Universe you want anyhow

I forgot about the custom logo for a brand causing a crash when you go to edit the matches for each show. I experienced this a few times. Wow the heck would this not be patched? Again, one of the drawbacks of being required to come out with a new game each year. If I recall--2K15 was a piece of crap.