Mods with passwords via PM

Triadasoul

What's the idea of mods with passwords via PM - I PM'ed authors for password with no reply for weeks (and as I saw the massages were read, I think no reply would be coming, but there's still some hope left %).

As a modder myself for other games (coding BotArena MTG engine for 2 years, making vassal arkham horror modules, helping with other mtg engines and mage knight vassal module) I find it really frustrating (even bought the game to run these mods). Why to tease people without giving them your work ?

Edited by Triadasoul
  • Like 1

wondering the same thing myself. I am new to all this so i dont really understand, but man i have been waiting weeks as well and still no reply. Some of the best mods seem to be Key protected.

Exactly. These modders know what they're doing is not the norm for modding (putting passwords on files) yet they still do it. They think this will prevent others from stealing their content but all this does is prevent others from enjoying their mod.

How you can steal that "precious" content and what can you do with it ? What is the profit from modded free content ?

As with my experience with botarena - the creator of the engine was a bit worried about somebody stealing the sourcecode of his engine - so the code was closed. With other modders we convinced him to go opensource when he abandoned the porject. It gives the project 2 more years of life. But there are other engines on different languages nowadays and nobody cares about that sourcecode  because of different coding languages and diffirent solutions for mtg coding.

Edited by Triadasoul

Honestly i don't like to share my mods with new/unknown users. The reason behind this is that in the past someone has stealing my work and shared it on a Russian site.

That did not happen once but several times! My mods are free and only for the smacktalks forum and for no other else.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 2

hey love your mods. im new to modding and this website so i guess i count as "unknown", so what exactly would i have to do to get access to your mods? how do i go from "unknown" to "known". i have no intention of redistributing, just want to enjoy the game. Either way, keep up the good work

Edited by theartstudioangel@