2K18 Arena and Show Editor

pozzum

Download Here

Up on Github here

Wiki Link (to be updated)

SNAGHTML20905dec.png

I will be going over how to use the 2K18 Misc Menu

unknown.png

Use the File > Open Menu to open the 0398.dat or 0398.pac file.  This file is within the WWE 2K18\pac\root\misc04_arena_p20.pac and must be exctracted using a pac editor of some sort (at this time)

SNAGHTML209c2f31.png

Past this point my personal knowledge is somewhat lacking however some arena modders like @LordJustice17 @hovathagod32 @Titavius might be able to explain this a bit more.

Each number ties to an arena object single didget numbers should remain single digit and not be typed at 03 for example.

-1 notes that object does not exist and this will not load.

SNAGHTML209f33a7.png

I am also unsure of what can be input into the "Version" column however the column will accept any text submittal.

Once you are done making your edits you can select save and the program will save over the file you originally selected, but it will also leave behind a .bak so that progress is not lost.

Potential Improvements:

Allow the Program to also edit the misc04_arena_p20.pac file directly

Incorporate Numeric updown boxes with some protection against bad values rather than simple text boxes.

Add better notes to the 02 editor.

Make it easier to edit the 02 directly in the app.

I'm currently working on a separate project so these might need to come in at some other time.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Glorious 1

I have added an updated tool to the Arena Editor.  The Show Editor / 02 Editor

SNAGHTMLc58d055.png

IT is set up like the 2k18 misc editor with a file and save button.

SNAGHTMLc5a4179.png

However this comes from the 02 file which resides within the following misc:

/pac/root/misc01_start_p20

When you open the current 02 you will get something like this:

SNAGHTMLc5d2102.png

I got help from @Titavius and @LordJustice17 to add in what existing file breakdown there is however it's interweved with a project they are working on so a link will be added to a table when we can split it out.  

Main points this file effects that we know so far are.

• String Name
  • Stage (Ramp or Flat)
  • If Crowd Fighting is Allowed
  • Screen Filter
  • How the barriers are oriented
  • What Live logo shows up

I'm sure there is a lot more information in this file so if we are able to figure more out I will update this periodically.

I have added another menu to this tool.

SNAGHTML1bfc2368.png

The color edit menu edits the 00 part of the following file:

\pac\misc\parameter\light\prm_ar_lg_color.pac

SNAGHTML1bf8bc8f.png

This file edits the light colors for arenas (I've been told that colors for 2k15 arena files are embeded and are not edited by this file)

SNAGHTML1bfb3ffe.png

The numbers on the left are the arena numbers.  The text if all html hex codes in RGB format and are editable.

SNAGHTML1bfb5d0b.png

The color select tool will edit any currently selected cell to change the color to the color selected from the color pick tool.  This will also update the background and font colors. (Typing Codes will not update the color.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SNAGHTML7b5e1fbe.png

New option added to the tool Objects Edit.  This is an object array editor with some help from @hovathagod32

SNAGHTML7b5efc04.png

This time I used Numeric up down boxes for these I'm not sure of the true range of these object values but I wanted to do something a little more consistent.

The side effect is that there might be some sort of issue with the translations.  Testing and iteration are of course expected in future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi pozzum 

I'm having a few issues with this, the save feature when I hit save doesn't save the last change I made?

Also when I use show edit to change the stage from ramp to flat I never see any changes? 
Are "Stage", D1 and D2  all stage values or is it just "stage" I need to change.

I'm trying to change say the current raw set to have no ramp what so ever but even changing values to the same as say summerslam 88 which has no ramp which is 0 1 0
The guys still float in the air walking down an invisible ramp. (are there other values I should be using???)

When I mod ps2 games arenas for example, ramp and no ramp data are encoded to each individual characters EVT entrance they have 2 one for each situation, so you can only replace an arena with a ramp with one with a ramp otherwise the characters just walk on air on the way to ring. 

Is that the same for these games or is it different?

Edited by punk-moo

10 hours ago, punk-moo said:

Hi pozzum 

I'm having a few issues with this, the save feature when I hit save doesn't save the last change I made?

Also when I use show edit to change the stage from ramp to flat I never see any changes? 
Are "Stage", D1 and D2  all stage values or is it just "stage" I need to change.

I'm trying to change say the current raw set to have no ramp what so ever but even changing values to the same as say summerslam 88 which has no ramp which is 0 1 0
The guys still float in the air walking down an invisible ramp. (are there other values I should be using???)

When I mod ps2 games arenas for example, ramp and no ramp data are encoded to each individual characters EVT entrance they have 2 one for each situation, so you can only replace an arena with a ramp with one with a ramp otherwise the characters just walk on air on the way to ring. 

Is that the same for these games or is it different?

you have to press enter when you finish your edits for them to take effect. The pencil on the side should not be showing when you hit save.

Stage is the only portion you need to edit, so non ramp stages = 0. If the changes aren't taking place it's because you didn't save properly or that you have a pac.bak in your directory. you're also going to have to alter your geo files. the 03DA, 03D9, 047E, 047F (if available) from arenas with the type of stage you want needs to be replaced. So if you go from flat to a ramp, you need files from the type of ramp that you use. ramp to flat, you need the files from a flat entrance file. If you don't add these properly, you'll warp through the crowd or walk up the ramp awkwardly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hovathagod32 said:

you have to press enter when you finish your edits for them to take effect. The pencil on the side should not be showing when you hit save.

Stage is the only portion you need to edit, so non ramp stages = 0. If the changes aren't taking place it's because you didn't save properly or that you have a pac.bak in your directory. you're also going to have to alter your geo files. the 03DA, 03D9, 047E, 047F (if available) from arenas with the type of stage you want needs to be replaced. So if you go from flat to a ramp, you need files from the type of ramp that you use. ramp to flat, you need the files from a flat entrance file. If you don't add these properly, you'll warp through the crowd or walk up the ramp awkwardly. 

Thank you so much for replying, I don't have a pencil icon on the side at all (I downloaded whats currently up in the first post) and I have no back up files anywhere in my game folder.

Other than that I'll try what you suggest and see what happens  :)

Edited by punk-moo

• 6 months later...