How to backup my game data?

WWF Legends Fan

Guys, pls tell me how do I backup / save my created and downloaded stuff in case of a system failure? I hv already saved my mods in another system but don't know how to save the characters I hv created and downloaded. Pls guide which files do I hv to back-up. 

Many thanks

If you are talking about CAWs and other stuff created with the in-game creation suite, they are part of the save game data. If you have steam cloud enabled, a copy will be stored there, starting the game on another computer should update your save game.

You can also manually backup your save game by copying your entire <...>\Steam\userdata\<YourSteamId>\664430 folder to wherever you wish to store your backup.

This will also backup anything else that's part of the savegame, of course, like universe, career, stats, unlocks, etc..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you are talking about CAWs and other stuff created with the in-game creation suite, they are part of the save game data. If you have steam cloud enabled, a copy will be stored there, starting the game on another computer should update your save game.

You can also manually backup your save game by copying your entire <...>\Steam\userdata\<YourSteamId>\664430 folder to wherever you wish to store your backup.

This will also backup anything else that's part of the savegame, of course, like universe, career, stats, unlocks, etc..

Thanks a lot Cave, highly appreciate it.

• 8 months later...

On 2/1/2018 at 1:16 AM, Cave Waverider said:

does this mean that the save file is automatically in the folder? and if so, how do i activate/load it? cause a friend ran into a corrupted save data issue on Steam and i want her to be able to bring it back

Edited by Tahisha Fairplay
elaborating thought

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Tahisha Fairplay said:

does this mean that the save file is automatically in the folder? and if so, how do i activate/load it?

does this mean that the save file is automatically in the folder? and if so, how do i activate/load it? cause a friend ran into a corrupted save data issue on Steam and i want her to be able to bring it back

That will only work if she has made a manual backup of the save folder before the save was corrupted.

ok, so after that, she does what? saves the copied folder back over the corrupted 1 and proceeds like nothing happened? is it that easy?

Edited by Tahisha Fairplay
clarity