What should I know before buying 2k18 for pc?

Daniela

Hey, I was thinking about buying 2k18 for the pc, but what differences are there between console and pc?

How good is the community creation on pc? I was thinking on creating former wrestlers and current nxt talent and also former women champions etc, all to fill the 100 created wrestler slots.

I was also thinking if it's already possible to download songs for custom entrances....i'd be soo happy to use the correct theme for guys like bobby lashley boogeyman del rio cm punk..aj lee..

Edited by Daniela

Community creations are the worst on PC. Reason being no one gets the game on PC for caws, they get it for mods. That’s basically the biggest difference between PC and consoles. Consoles (especially PS4) typically have a better and far deeper selection of caws to choose from. Though you could undoubtedly get a better overall roster on PC using mods.

Basically modding will allow you much greater freedom over the PC version, and give you the ability to change most aspects of the game (including being able to use models of other characters to replace in game characters). But it isn’t as geared up for the casual gamer if modding isn’t your thing. If you just want a more casual gaming experience, and to just stick with in game creations then console is probably more for you.

You can change entrance themes on PC (I believe you have to replace existing themes, could be wrong). To my knowledge it’s not possible on Xbox One, but @Jai says you can on PS4 with sharefactory.

• Too Sweet 2

3 minutes ago, HiPcavalloey said:

Community creations are the worst on PC. Reason being no one gets the game on PC for caws, they get it for mods. That’s basically the biggest difference between PC and consoles. Consoles (especially PS4) typically have a better and far deeper selection of caws to choose from. Though you could undoubtedly get a better overall roster on PC using mods.

Basically modding will allow you much greater freedom over the PC version, and give you the ability to change most aspects of the game (including being able to use models of other characters to replace in game characters). But it isn’t as geared up for the casual gamer if modding isn’t your thing. If you just want a more casual gaming experience, and to just stick with in game creations then console is probably more for you.

You can change entrance themes on PC (I believe you have to replace existing themes, could be wrong). To my knowledge it’s not possible on Xbox One, but @Jai says you can on PS4 with sharefactory.

no, you can't add music on ps4. sharefactory is a standalone video editing app. So unless he/she is going to be recording for the sole purpose of uploading said footage and adding the music in second rate it's pointless.  I only use the sharefactory import as an example that if 2k wanted to they could easily allow us to import music. hell you can import video and images on that app and it saves directly to the application.

but yeah that's the only reason i ever mention sharefactory sorry i confused you with that lol

oh and just to add to it, i'd definitely recommend ps4 over pc. i haven't gotten 2k18 on x1 but when i last looked at the content of 2k17 on x1 it seemed poor compared to ps4's uploaded content.

PC > Ps4 and Xb1 unless you only want caws. 

PC – you can customize  so many aspects of the game. You can add characters from previous games, mods of characters that people have created – they’re way more than probably the amount of caws out there.  You can do things like change hair or resculpt faces,  completely customize an attire anyway you want with any objects in the game or from pretty much any game all the way back to like WWE 12.  You can customize arenas way more than you can do in any CAA mode , you can pretty much add an unlimited amount of Titan trons that you can create or download,  insert custom theme music , You can use entrances and victory scenes from any game all the way back to 2K 15. And there are some others that are learning how to customize entrances /victory scenes.  You can use any cut scene from 2K 15 and forward.   There are folks that have learned how to import moves like hogans leg drop and taunt , Seth Rollins original curb stomp.   You can add  and An godly amount of characters  like maybe 400 more or something like that. You can totally customize any character in the game down to their stats, moves, height, personality, anything pretty much. I’m sure I’m missing stuff but the game is so open on PC that’s not open anywhere else. 

On top of that you have a community specifically for PC that, as long as you’re not a total douche bag, will help. 

But there are not many caws on PC there are some but nowhere near the level console. So it depends on what you’re looking for

• Too Sweet 1

8 minutes ago, AznBlusuazn said:

PC > Ps4 and Xb1 unless you only want caws. 

PC – you can customize  so many aspects of the game. You can add characters from previous games, mods of characters that people have created – they’re way more than probably the amount of caws out there.  You can do things like change hair or resculpt faces,  completely customize say tire anyway you bond with any objects in the game or from pretty much any game all the way back to like WWE 12.  You can customize arenas way more than you can do in any CAA mode ,  I can pretty much at an unlimited amount of Titan trons that you can create or download,  insert custom theme music , You can use entrances and victory scenes from any game all the way back to 2K 15. And there are some others that are learning how to customize entrances /victory scenes.  You can use any cut scene from 2K 15 and forward.   There are folks that have learned how to import moves like how hogans leg drop and taunt , Seth Rollins original curb stomp.   You can add  and An godly amount of characters  like maybe 400 more or something like that. You can totally customize any character in the game down to their stats, it moves, height, personality, anything pretty much. I’m sure I’m missing stuff but the game is so open on PC that’s not open anywhere else. 

On top of that you have a community specifically for PC that, as long as you’re not a total douche bag, will help. 

But there are not many caws on PC there are some but nowhere near the level console. So it depends on what you’re looking for

How easy is it to do all that kind of stuff? I’m a PS4 guy but this all sounds very intriguing.

5 minutes ago, ThunderBossman said:

How easy is it to do all that kind of stuff? I’m a PS4 guy but this all sounds very intriguing.

It can be overwhelming at first but once you understand things it gets easier to do.  I started modding last April and if you looked through my threads, you can see all the stuff I've done.  You have someone like @Status™ that has been in the CAW community for a while that is doing all kinds of the things I mentioned above like themes, trons, real life renders, and so on.  It's really about what you want to do.  You have to be willing to learn though.  It isn't a few clicks and go.  It does require some will to want to do things and not be lazy.  But hard?  Maybe sculpting a new character from, scratch, yes.  Changing Roman's hair out for a ponytail?  Not so hard.  Creating a fresh arena from scratch, yes.  Adding new titantrons?  No.  

• Thanks 1

Community Creations, in terms of high detail and variety of wrestlers, isn't nearly as great as compared to PS4 and Xbox One. Like, you'll see many CAWs like CM Punk but most are made without much effort put in except the rare ones that are good. It was because of this reason is why I started to make CAWs on PC myself. Other guys like @Rhuanico99,whom I think is probably one of the best CAW makers on PC, are trying to improve that reputation and trying to make downloadable worthy CAWs as well as other dedicated PC CAW makers. So definitely start checking out the PC creations forums here as I post many of my creations there as well as many others! However, the main appeal like everyone else has stated here is the mods. One of the main reasons why I switched from PS4 to PC this year in the first place was the mods after all. :D

• Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

It can be overwhelming at first but once you understand things it gets easier to do.  I started modding last April and if you looked through my threads, you can see all the stuff I've done.  You have someone like @Status™ that has been in the CAW community for a while that is doing all kinds of the things I mentioned above like themes, trons, real life renders, and so on.  It's really about what you want to do.  You have to be willing to learn though.  It isn't a few clicks and go.  It does require some will to want to do things and not be lazy.  But hard?  Maybe sculpting a new character from, scratch, yes.  Changing Roman's hair out for a ponytail?  Not so hard.  Creating a fresh arena from scratch, yes.  Adding new titantrons?  No.  

Indeed. That said, if you are just into using mods others created and not creating ones yourself, it's just a matter of downloading mods and using the correct free programs like Custom Character Tools , Data Editor, etc. to install them. There are also plenty of tutorials and other information to ease you into installing mods as well as modding yourself.

1 minute ago, SimplyRipZz said:

Interesting that you made the claim "Not to mention even with a supercomputer this abomination of a series still wouldn't work right" That statement in itself is 100% false while I do have what you would call a high end PC I know plenty of others with lesser specs running the game perfectly. It sounds as if you're being a bit biased. As a person with each console and a gaming pc I would say they all have their pros and cons. PC being graphically superior and the smoothest of all 4 platforms, while my Xbox One X and PS4 Pro allows me to play with my friends with decent graphics. Consoles are also extremely locked down and as far as this game goes once I made the jump to PC 2 years ago I just haven't been able to touch the console version. Each year I've bought it and I'll play the console version until the PC version is ready to go. At the end of the day though with all that being said everything is based on opinion. I prefer to have the ability to add modded wrestlers as well as their Themes, Trons, etc. I look for a more authentic feel while others don't mind Caws with generic/ no themes, etc. It's all on preference.

i know plenty of people that said they had a system that met the minimum requirements still not able to get the game to run.

people install mods the game crashes

people install updates the game crashes.

and in my defense since i upload everything i do and since i could care less about the current roster/product, i have no problem recording my stuff, editing it in sharefactory and uploading it for all to see. So when i'm uploading stuff i may go back and rewatch the stuff i played. i don't have to have themes trons and all that jazz i agree it would be alot better if we could upload trons and such but this company is incompetent as it is anyway .

2 minutes ago, AlcLegacy said:

The very first reply to this topic mentions mods...

so what?

big deal you can modify a game to your perameters again i wasn't talking to you i was talking to HIP but as usual.. as soon as someone mentions something they don't like, like a gang of bullies you all just jump on people.  Besides i wasn't even talking to you yet you took it upon yourself to jump on me.  if anyone needs to be civil it's you.. I was minding my own business and responding to a friend's post directed at me.  I can't help it if you can't or won't comprehend that.

1 minute ago, SimplyRipZz said:

Man imo the biggest mistake they made was doing away with custom soundtracks. I never understood why they never found a way to bring it back.

because of how easy it is to stream/share content, if a kid has copyrighted music playing in his stream, both him and sony can get into trouble for it i believe, so sony does away with it, only bringing it out on rare occasions I.E. MLB The Show, which is a sony published game, so theyre willing to take a hit for their game

there wasnt a big share button on the ps3 and xbox controllers that streams content to thousands of people.

plus, adding music is literally the easiest thing to do on pc, you get the mp3 and convert it, then drag it into a slot and you're done.

10 minutes ago, SimplyRipZz said:

Man imo the biggest mistake they made was doing away with custom soundtracks. I never understood why they never found a way to bring it back.

they claimed it was because of copyright but we all know that was a lie 

basically they say copyright but that was the whole point of muting stuff with streaming.

like i was saying earlier, sharefactory when you import video, images and music to the app, it gets saved/attached to the app as part of it's file size.  there is a limit, but say the file size of sharefactory was a gig and you imported 500mb of music (max), 2 gigs of video (max) and 32 mb of images (max) it would up the size of the app to 3532mb and it's shared across all profiles (atleast that's how this is on ps4) as far as i know x1 has no such app that allows you to do that. so that could be why.

but then again 360 had custom music in 08 when ps3 didn't cause it hadn't fully gotten the custom music support back then but yeah there's no reason.

it also doesn't make sense that they mute show transition sounds

Edited by Jai

5 hours ago, Sup3rC10ud said:

Community Creations, in terms of high detail and variety of wrestlers, isn't nearly as great as compared to PS4 and Xbox One. Like, you'll see many CAWs like CM Punk but most are made without much effort put in except the rare ones that are good. It was because of this reason is why I started to make CAWs on PC myself. Other guys like @Rhuanico99,whom I think is probably one of the best CAW makers on PC, are trying to improve that reputation and trying to make downloadable worthy CAWs as well as other dedicated PC CAW makers. So definitely start checking out the PC creations forums here as I post many of my creations there as well as many others! However, the main appeal like everyone else has stated here is the mods. One of the main reasons why I switched from PS4 to PC this year in the first place was the mods after all. :D

I just wanted to thank @Sup3rC10ud for mentioning me in his comment! I'm really happy to help improve the quality of PC caws among others like him who was a great addition to the PC community creations!

So, if you're planning on installing mods, then the PC version is the one to go. However, I've never used mods or ever will and I do just fine without them. There are less quality caws here than on PS4 but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. So if I were you @Daniela I would check out all of this forum's topics with caws on all versions of the game and choose the one you like the most.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to play with too many useless caws like CM Punk, Mysterio or other older game characters, you can buy it. PC community creations better than xbox one but not so close to ps4. I was caw maker on PC but fps problems and useless caws made me retire. Also the best modder ever lived @bravebird31 quitted too. If you wanna play that game with current roster you should buy it on ps4. 

Edited by Vankoff

My problem is, I don't have a ps4 :( 

so I'd have to buy it for pc ^^; but this whole modding thing..is it too difficult? Only game I ever modded was skyrim and it wasnt easy so how hard is it to mod 2k18? also...let's say I want to download a aj lee model...would her model replace an existing wrestler model or would it go to a caw slot? 

Also does face recognition for caws work with jpeg pictures online? i'm not even sure if that works on pc version.. i'm lost ^^:

27 minutes ago, Daniela said:

My problem is, I don't have a ps4 :( 

so I'd have to buy it for pc ^^; but this whole modding thing..is it too difficult? Only game I ever modded was skyrim and it wasnt easy so how hard is it to mod 2k18? also...let's say I want to download a aj lee model...would her model replace an existing wrestler model or would it go to a caw slot? 

Also does face recognition for caws work with jpeg pictures online? i'm not even sure if that works on pc version.. i'm lost ^^:

I can answer the AJ Lee model. No, you would not have to replace a character, nor would you have to use a CAW slot. There are like 400 slots or so that you can use for additional characters (ported characters or modded characters). At first it may seem a little overwhelming, but once you’ve done it once or twice most people catch on pretty quickly. Plus there are a ton of tools (free tools) to help you install everything, add more, and even create your own. And you also have the entire Modding community that will help you – most of us are on Discord and are willing to happily help newcomers.

• Like 1

Oh wow that's awesome ^^ yes 400 does seem like a lot..just the other day I was thinking which 100 wrestlers I wanted to add to my roster to expand it but now seems like there's a whole lot more..

Well..another problem is I doubt that there is for example a created wrestler or a model for ashley massaro who wasnt very well known..

So I'd have to turn to you all to help me out on discord :p I catch up pretty quick on these kind of things, who can mod skyrim certainly can mod other games :p

2 hours ago, meh . said:

Hi @Jai thanks for being the voice of reason. 

you welcome... thanks for trying to stir something up that was over hours ago

2 hours ago, Vankoff said:

Yes you're right. I downloaded only 14 caws . Sorry for my wrong.

i will say this. while i haven't seen PC CC, i only go by what i've heard on other forums.

I do own an x1x and a ps4 pro and i can't compare 18 since i don't have 18 for x1 but i can compare 17. 17 was loaded with content on both x1 and ps4. so i'd assume the same goes for x1 on 2k18

Edited by Jai
  • Like 1
  • What? 1