TUTORIAL: Adding entrance motions, walltrons, etc. to the Create an Entrance menu.

jakeypearce

Just made an interesting discovery, which is how to ADD entrance motions into a new slot, and make them selectable in game. This applies for single entrances, tag entrances (added The Rock and Sock Connection) and tag winning (added The Rock and Sock Connection). It will even work for wrestler trons as well (I have managed to successfully add a walltron to the menu, without issue). Unfortunately, it's been a bit hit and miss at times, where the added item just never shows up.

The only thing that will be replaced is the string. As I am using the Future String, some of the names may be different to yours, however the general principle is the same.

First of all, I'm going to assume you know how to add a motion to a new slot, and that you know how to edit the EVP values. In this case, I will be adding Stone Cold's old championship motion from WWE 2K15. It will be installed into slot 00659. This is an unused slot in my game, however it may not be for you.

With my champion entrance now edited and injected (as well as its effect file), it is now time to edit the file responsible for the CAE menu. Start by opening up Pac Editor or X-Packer and go to "pac\menu" and open cae_item.pac. Extract the first SHDC ("26AD5F0C7A8A53C4") and open that. In it, there will be a bunch of file listings. I'll give you the cae_menu.win from WWE 2K17 as a guide, however it is mostly out of date:

;PAC5_HAI

//================================================================================
//    エントランスのデータのリスト
//================================================================================
/ENEX/
{
    LSD
    {
        cd %Y_DEV_PATH%GameData\Patch20\CAE\CommonWinOnePS4
        0    titantron.lsd        // ムービー
        1    minitron.lsd        // ミニトロン
        2    BGM.lsd             // BGM
        3    entrance.lsd        // モーション
        4    entrance_tag.lsd    // モーション(タッグ)
        5    entrance_trio.lsd    // モーション(トリオ)
        6    cas_nickname.lsd    // CAS Nick ネーム
        8    CAE_motion1.lsd     // エントランスモーション
        9    CAE_motion2.lsd     // 花道モーション
        10    CAE_motion3.lsd     // リングモーション
        11    CAE_motion4.lsd     // リングインモーション
        12    CAE_Camera.lsd        // カメラ
        13    CAE_Firework.lsd    // 花火
        14    CAE_Effect.lsd        // 画面エフェクト
        15    CAE_Lighting.lsd    // ライティング
        16    CAE_motion0.lsd     // Introモーション
        17    BeltEntrance.lsd     // ベルトモーション
        18    TwoBeltentrance.lsd    // マルチタイトルエントランス
        19    cas_firstname.lsd    // CAS Firstネーム
        20    cas_lastname.lsd    // CAS Lastネーム
        21    winning_all.lsd                    // 勝利シーンモーション
        22    winning_face.lsd                // 勝利Faceシーンモーション
        23    winning_heel.lsd                // 勝利Heelシーンモーション
        24    winning_all_champ.lsd            // 勝利チャンピオンシーンモーション
        25    winning_face_champ.lsd            // 勝利Faceチャンピオンシーンモーション
        26    winning_heel_champ.lsd            // 勝利Heelチャンピオンシーンモーション
        27    winning_all_tag.lsd                // 勝利シーンモーション(タッグ)
        28    winning_face_tag.lsd            // 勝利Faceシーンモーション(タッグ)
        29    winning_heel_tag.lsd            // 勝利Heelシーンモーション(タッグ)
        30    winning_all_trio.lsd            // 勝利シーンモーション(トリオ)
        31    winning_face_trio.lsd            // 勝利Faceシーンモーション(トリオ)
        32    winning_heel_trio.lsd            // 勝利Heelシーンモーション(トリオ)
        33    winning_all_tag_champ.lsd        // 勝利チャンピオンシーンモーション(タッグ)
        34    winning_face_tag_champ.lsd        // 勝利Faceチャンピオンシーンモーション(タッグ)
        35    winning_heel_tag_champ.lsd        // 勝利Heelチャンピオンシーンモーション(タッグ)
        36    winning_all_trio_champ.lsd        // 勝利チャンピオンシーンモーション(トリオ)
        37    winning_face_trio_champ.lsd        // 勝利Faceチャンピオンシーンモーション(トリオ)
        38    winning_heel_trio_champ.lsd        // 勝利Heelチャンピオンシーンモーション(トリオ)
        39    promo.lsd    // Custom Video用プロモモーション
        40    cavid_movie.lsd    // Custom Video用ムービー
    }

///テンプレートデータ(Since SVR08)
    BIN
    {
        0    IntroSet.bin        // Introモーション
        1    StageSet.bin         // Stageモーション
        2    RampSet.bin        // Rampモーション
        3    RingInSet.bin        // RingInモーション
        4    RingSet.bin        // Ringモーション
        5    DefaultSet.bin        // 入場テンプレート
        6    TeamSet.bin        // チーム入場テンプレート
        7    EffectTemplateSet.bin        // 入場エフェクトテンプレート
        8    AdvMotionSet.bin        // Advanceモーションセット
    }

///PropのためのLSD
    PRP
    {
        0    CAE_Prop.lsd        // Prop
    }

// --------------------------------
    // カメラの動作情報データ
    // --------------------------------
    CAME
    {
        cd %Y_DEV_PATH%GameData\Master\CAE\CommonWinOnePS4
        0    cae_camera.cam
    }
}

While the quoted file above may look confusing, in reality, it really isn't. The first directory listing is the SHDC you have just extracted. Because the numbers are in decimal/denary, you will need to convert them to hex. In my case, as I want to add a champion motion, I need to extract 0011. This is because 11 in hex = 17 in decimal, and furthermore, "17" refers to the title motion list in the .win file.

CoKdRX.jpg

In my screenshot provided above (yours will be somewhat different as I have added title motions in), this is the legend:

Highlighted in yellow is the IDs for how many title motions there are selectable. I'm not entirely sure which one is which, however it's better to update them both to avoid errors.

Underlined in red is the title motion ID. It is in big endian, so you must flip "5A 02" to become "02 5A". Once this is done, convert it into decimal (the Windows Calculator will suffice):

5tCYpr.jpg

Underlined in black is the wrestler ID, also in big endian. 00 8B becomes 139, while 01 64 is 356.

yC8imA.jpg

5dbCcF.jpg

Underlined in blue is the string ID. You may use the WWE 2K18 String Sheet to find out what each of the string references are. 02 EE CA points to "JOHN CENA CHAMPION", and 02 EE DB points to "JOHN CENA '06 CHAMPION".

Knowing all this (certainly quite a bit to digest!), how do I make 00659 selectable? Well, the first thing I do is update the four bytes at the very start. In this case, because I am adding 1 more title motion, I simply add 1. 5F 01 and 69 01 now become 60 01 and 6A 01. The next step is to copy one of the existing motions (I have gone for 661, so Steve Austin's champ motion) and paste it just before my next motion (in this scenario, Daniel Bryan's title motion). When I am copying a motion, I need to ensure that I am doing it from the pac ID (95 02) and NOT the ch ID (65 00). Furthermore, I need to make sure that my length is 24 (36 in hex).

4CQhmO.jpg

4CQhmO.jpgFinally, I need to change the string reference. You can call it whatever, but in this case I am going to call my motion "STEVE AUSTIN CHAMPION 2". This requires the string sheet, as well as the basic knowledge of "you can't change the string length to be longer than the string you're replacing". What this means is, if I have a string called "THE ROCK", "THE ROCK" has 8 characters ("T", "H", "E", " ", "R", "O", "C", "K"). I'd need my string to be 8 characters or less if I want to replace "THE ROCK".

With that rule in mind, "STEVE AUSTIN CHAMPION 2" has 23 characters. As such, the string I need to replace needs to have 23 characters or more. I have decided to go with "CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS I", which has 24 characters. Its ID is CB EA.

I just need to edit the string file, and reinject my edited 0011 into the SHDC, and then inject that into the pac. In-game:

8sVfU4.jpg

WBj5JC.jpg

Cheers! :)

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Glorious 3

could trio entrances perhaps be created in this way? and btw i do recall seeing a brief shot of that rock and sock connection exit before.  I THOUGHT that looked out of place....you said mankind was being a photobombing d*ck. 

either way FANTASTIC work. Love to see developments in this area

• Thanks 1

This is amazing!! I'm hoping adding a render to a mod could be possible with a similar method, but it would take A LOT of trial and error. I may do some testing in the near future, although I would say my hex knowledge is mediocre at best.

10 hours ago, kevan1700 said:

could trio entrances perhaps be created in this way? and btw i do recall seeing a brief shot of that rock and sock connection exit before.  I THOUGHT that looked out of place....you said mankind was being a photobombing d*ck. 

either way FANTASTIC work. Love to see developments in this area

Haha, someone has a very good memory. Yes that was indeed me. unknown.png

Image above shows you can add winning motions as well. ;)

To answer your initial question, while the motion is glitchy, it does work...

unknown.png

Cheers! :)

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Rad Video Tolls to make my own titantron however they just show you how to use it for 2k16 and 17.Will it work on 18 also I want to replace a custom titantron not a superstars.How can I find which file is a custom titantron?

1 hour ago, mr.blackwell said:

I got the Rad Video Tolls to make my own titantron however they just show you how to use it for 2k16 and 17.Will it work on 18 also I want to replace a custom titantron not a superstars.How can I find which file is a custom titantron?

The tutorials should work for 2k18 as well.
If you mean trons created by the creation suite, you can't. These are part of your save game and work differently than regular trons. However, you can simply create a tron and name it according to the ID of an empty slot you want to use (ent_0XXX_0_0.bk2, where XXX is the Tron ID) and assign that to your wrestler's .moveset file via Data Editor (check out the Data Editor Tutorials on how to do that).

• 2 weeks later...

Great tutorial @jakeypearce. I've been able to add an entry to the winning animation menu. I used the string ID for "Hulk Hogan" but there is no string reference.

https://imgur.com/a/NecjG

https://imgur.com/IqxrYrd

As seen in the pics even though the name is there for selection which points to the ID in the String sheet, the name is blank after selection as I haven't modified any string value.

thank you for this tutorial and your help via pm. I was able to add all missing entrances and just was successful to add a titantron so that all will be selectable in create an entrance. (not playing 2k18 but 2k17)

Thanks again

9 hours ago, jakeypearce said:

Did you add the animation into the "all winning" file AND the "face winning" file?

No just the "face winning" file. Should I add it to both ?

Edited by squaredcirclefan

• 2 weeks later...

can someone tell me which files need to be modified to add ramp, apron and walltrons to be selectable. I was able to add titantrons and minitrons, but I can not find the right file for adding the other ones.

Does anyone know which files nedd to be modified?

Thanks

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Tarnathos said:

can someone tell me which files need to be modified to add ramp, apron and walltrons to be selectable. I was able to add titantrons and minitrons, but I can not find the right file for adding the other ones.

Does anyone know which files nedd to be modified?

Thanks

Hi, I believe its under default set . The second shdc file in the cae_item.pac You will need to extract 0005.dat. They are not separate like the others but part of a motion template. 

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, UtlimatePiper said:

Can anyone help me getting New Age Outlawz  & Harlem Heat tag entrances to work in Universe mode? For some reason they only work in exhibition mode

Hi, 

The only way I know how (Maybe some expert modder might know better) is by making the entrances and trons selectable in the create an Entrance Menu, so when you edit the entrance in universe mode, you need to add . As you will be aware, the entrance settings for Universe mode and Exhibition mode are different, so even when you set the entrance and trons using Data Editor and export into the game, those settings only work in Exhibition mode.

Using @jakeypearce's guide, you can add the entrance id's and titantron id's and names the CAE_item.pac file in the pac/menu folder, so they are listed in the entrance menu. If you are having any problems with this process, do let me know . @jakeypearce might have added these motions to his cae_item.pac file a few months ago, i'm not sure.